What's new

OFFICIAL: Trade Deadline Thread

Not saying it will happen or anything but.....

Orlando just lost Glen Davis for the season. They have a 17 million dollar trade exception from Dwight Howard. Big Al makes less than 17 million, so does Milsap.

I once liked O'quinn.

Feb. 21 -- 2013 NBA Trade Deadline (3 p.m. ET) Thats 5pm MTN for PK.

Looking at the Jazz schedule they play on February 13 at Minnesota then are off for the All-Star Break until the 19th when they play the Warriors at the ESA. But after that they still have 3.5 off days until they go to LA to play the Clippers.

That is one game in 10 days right in the midst of the trade deadline. That schedule is very kind to the Jazz if they want to make a move and still try to make the playoffs.

Speaking of Trade deadline.....after the trade deadline the jazz have 27 games remaining. 14 at home, 13 on the road. 15 against teams with winning records. 9 against teams in the Western Conference playoffs (1o is Hou is included) and 4 against teams just behind the jazz (Rockets, Dallas, Potland, Potland).

Big al for Orlando TPE and a lotto protected future first. Getter done KOC.

Lol. <<<< Can I make that my standard response to every new post in this thread? Why would Orlando trade for Big Al? Yes Glen Davis is probably done for the year, but the Magic are in rebuild now mode and Al doesn't fit with that in any way shape or form.

Big al for Orlando TPE and a lotto protected future first. Getter done KOC.

Why does Orlando do this... They don't need to win right now...

So they give up their trade exception and a pick for half a season of Al??

I'm really not picky about the return here.

I'd be happy to do something like Big Al and the GS pick for a young player and a TPE.

I was hoping for a Danish but might settle for a cake donut.

I'm afraid the Jazz would have to contribute the donute in this scenario, as payment for Orlando taking Al.

Banberry Cross (sp?) Maple with Bacon Sprinkles ought to get those Floridians moving.

The Return of Mo....... to The Bucks Trade

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bgykmgl

The Jazz do it: Get a young PG with potential and a young SF with potential. Toliver is in there to balance the budget.

The Bucks do it: Get a veteran PG who can be relied on more than Jennings/Ellis and will fit in better with their new found focus on big men. Which leads me to Josh Smith. Would a Smith/Sanders front-court work? I don't know. Would they be fun to watch and rack up a ton of highlight-real blocked shots? Definitely.

The Hawks do it: I think they are ready to part ways with Smith, might as well gets something in return. Ellis will give them instant offense, which is something they lack. The combination of Ellis on a strong defensive team may be a good combination. Dalembert gives them an upgrade at backup center, or could even be played as a starter with Horford at PF. Although it would hurt their help defense, it would improve their ability to protect the rim in the painted area.

Thoughts?

The Return of Mo....... to The Bucks Trade

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bgykmgl

The Jazz do it: Get a young PG with potential and a young SF with potential. Toliver is in there to balance the budget.

The Bucks do it: Get a veteran PG who can be relied on more than Jennings/Ellis and will fit in better with their new found focus on big men. Which leads me to Josh Smith. Would a Smith/Sanders front-court work? I don't know. Would they be fun to watch and rack up a ton of highlight-real blocked shots? Definitely.

The Hawks do it: I think they are ready to part ways with Smith, might as well gets something in return. Ellis will give them instant offense, which is something they lack. The combination of Ellis on a strong defensive team may be a good combination. Dalembert gives them an upgrade at backup center, or could even be played as a starter with Horford at PF. Although it would hurt their help defense, it would improve their ability to protect the rim in the painted area.

Thoughts?

All we have to do is trade an injured player for all those health, serviceable players and we're good?
Count me in.

All we have to do is trade an injured player for all those health, serviceable players and we're good?
Count me in.

Ha, didn't realize I only gave Mo up. We would probably have to throw in some picks to sweeten the deal for somebody. Most likely to the Bucks.

GSW pick to the Bucks.

It violates Numb's rule (good rule) in that players on rookie contracts don't get traded unless they suck, but I guess Smith could be considered a "star".

Ha, didn't realize I only gave Mo up. We would probably have to throw in some picks to sweeten the deal for somebody. Most likely to the Bucks.

GSW pick to the Bucks.

So to sweeten the deal, we add in the 24th pick of a crappy draft?
Count me in.