What's new

Official UofU homer thread

Fishon, the only talk you've heard about BYU joining a P5 conference is most likely born out of the wishful thinking and hand wringing from fellow BYU fans. Honestly, where is the P5 invite coming from?

Here is an article from a newspaper in Oklahoma about big 12 expanding with byu and boise. It's simply an opinion piece and not an article with any evidence of the expansion happening but i just wanted to give you an example that it's not just byu fans that think it could or should happen.

Also read the comments at the bottom of the article..... I think the comments are from fans in the big12. (One of them is from Texas)

https://www.statesman.com/news/spor...g-will-be-key-to-big-12s-long-term-sur/nnNBX/

Lol they'll be the worst team in the Sec west other than Dak they have nothing they lost too much...

lol. Spoken like a true novice.

MSU played a 1A/1B defense last year. They would switch out the entire defense each possesion, so the guys who will be starting this year having starting experience.

They have Dak Prescott and De'Runnya Wilson (who is going to emerge as the SEC's best WR). Miss State will find another great running back, they have been sending a RB to the NFL every 2 years, they will be fine.

Novices like you doubted MSU last year when I was on here telling people about the Great Dak. Look what happened.

Touche, I think they lose to LSU, Auburn, Bama and Arkansas and probably Ole Miss......I like Arkansas to come out of the West

What new additions do they have that make that so? Keep in mind No Orchard or Clay, which were two absolute game changers. Seemed like those two were the whole team as far as making plays at times when I watched them. I think the luck factor with Utah's season last year was very underrated. The Pac games they actually won were won by an average of 3 points. They were ranked the 76th offense in the country, 58th in defense. You usually aren't winning games when that's the case. They put up that kind of showing again and they'll be exactly what I said or even worse.

Great special teams, no doubt. And Booker is good, but I don't think you to have worry much about Utah's WRs or their QBs so that kind of negates him.

Bottom line, Utah needs to find a good QB before they can become consistent winners in the Pac. Maybe that's Chase Hansen, I don't know. But as far as I know the depth chart is still Wilson/Thompson as the top 2 so it will probably take awhile to find out if that guy is Hansen.

I'll admit the Utes underrecruited this year. Considering how much coaching was up in the air it's not all that surprising. The good news is that the Utes are bringing a lot back and brought in a couple juco guys. Poole has moved over to slot and should be quite effective there. They should be a physical tough team again. I agree with fish that the Pac12 has taken a step back at least offensively. The Utes should be in the hunt for the Pac12 south and therefor the Pac12 championship.(Oregon ain't nearly as scary this year)

Going forward another winning season, a bowl game, and having locked down HC longterm should go a long way to address recruiting. As a Ute fan the present and future look good.

Wow. Not a single BYU fan has challanged my opinion that Utah State might be the 2nd most talented in-state team this year. It's crazy to see how everything's changed in the last decade. One thing that's not so surprising? A Ute thread with with Cy pushing his beloved 50th In Literacy State University.

Wow. Not a single BYU fan has challanged my opinion that Utah State might be the 2nd most talented in-state team this year. It's crazy to see how everything's changed in the last decade. One thing that's not so surprising? A Ute thread with with Cy pushing his beloved 50th In Literacy State University.
I think byu will be pretty good this year but know nothing about Utah state and really all three in state teams could be great, mediocre, or bad and I wouldn't be surprised by any outcome by any of the three teams. (I think Utah is probably the best team, followed by byu, then usu..... I think taysom is the best player on any of the three teams and everything for byu depends on his heath...... Which is rather scary considering his history. I also think that byu is very good on the offensive and d-lines, linebacker, and receiver and are pretty good at rb. Problem is that they are really thin everywhere except wide receiver and d-line. Injuries could make byu really sucky really fast)

Wow. Not a single BYU fan has challanged my opinion that Utah State might be the 2nd most talented in-state team this year.

I'd have 500,000 posts on Jazzfanz if I responded to everything I disagreed with. I choose to let people think whatever they want though instead most of the time. And especially with guys like you, green, and UGLI concerning college football. But Utah State is easy to pick apart on the surface even. Didn't they have one of their QBs that did well last transfer? Chuckie's health is always up for grabs so that's an issue. Then JoJo is kicked off the team, car wreck fallout, Fackrell and Keaton coming back from serious injuries. If you you would put them up there with all that going on......I think they have more to prove than anybody personally......but the nice thing is....we don't need the Jazzman12 in-state rankings for Utah State. They play both teams. They'll show it on the field if they are. I wouldn't pick them in either game at this point though.

Sweet:

https://reignoftroy.com/2015/08/28/pac-12-network-directv-appear-close-more-usc-football-news/

First Take…When the 2015 USC football season opens next Saturday against Arkansas State, DirecTV viewers might just be able to tune into the Pac-12 Network to watch it.

After three years of finger-pointing, subtweets and general stubbornness between both the Pac-12 Network and DirecTV, reports have surfaced this week that the little-watched channel is being tested on DTV with a potential September 3rd launch date.

It's only fair that everybody has the opportunity to watch the future National champs kick off the season.