What's new

Official Utah State Aggies Football 2012 Thread

So what are my fellow Aggie fans' take on the Wisconson game this week? I really wish they had won on Saturday (I think they got screwed on the onside kick call). They'll be looking to make a statement and get back into the top 25. The good news for us, we have GA and CK.

Does anybody know anything about Joe Hill? Looked like he hurt his ankle on the touchdown catch and I don't remember seeing him after that. Could be that I just wasn't paying attention, but I hope he isn't hurt.

I hope to see the Aggies pull out a win against Wisc. I think if we can play the game to Gary's game plan, then it could be possible. Realistically though, if we do lose, as long as it's not by us beating ourselves like we did a lot last year, I can live with it.

I wondered the same thing about Joe as well. My wife and I both said the same thing, looked like he hurt his ankle, and we sure didn't recall seeing him after that either.
Being in Boise now, (all Bsu blah blah up here) instead of Logan, it's hard to get any info.
I hope Joe is OK. He looked good in the Suu game.

So what are my fellow Aggie fans' take on the Wisconson game this week? I really wish they had won on Saturday (I think they got screwed on the onside kick call). They'll be looking to make a statement and get back into the top 25. The good news for us, we have GA and CK.

Does anybody know anything about Joe Hill? Looked like he hurt his ankle on the touchdown catch and I don't remember seeing him after that. Could be that I just wasn't paying attention, but I hope he isn't hurt.

I think Wisconsin's offense is weak, but their defense is tough. It will be a tough low scoring game. I'm just weary that it is on the road, so I would guess a 17-13 loss.

14-3 Aggies at the half. Bummer on the roughing the passer penalty that took away the interception. That could have led to another Aggie score.
Hope the second half goes well.

Damn! Well that was a bummer. I told my wife, watch it's going to get down to the last 10 seconds and the Aggies would be kicking a field goal to get the win... So close...

Damn, that's too bad. I really wish the Ags would have pulled that one off.

Ugh. Just looked at the box score. Would've loved for you guys to have taken that. SC/BYU/USU all go down. Not a good day for the 'I want to wins'.

On the plus side, you guys are looking good enough for a potential conference championship and that would be a nice next step up for Utah State. I hope it happens.

I would have immediately become an Aggie fan.
I hate bandwagon fans, but I woulda been one...

This one stung no doubt, it would have been huge. I'm beginning to wonder if Gary Anderson is the best coach in the state, but I hate kickers. I would like to take every Thompson and dragon uppercut him in the face.

Anyone want to give a brief summary? I take it Ut St missed a FG at the end?

Did they do bonehead stuff like last year? Or just lost it?

A lot of it boils down to the Aggies special teams. They were the reason for a lot of the late game losses last season. Lots of mental errors, dropped punt and kickoff returns that resulted in the opponent either scoring or having really good field position.
Last night an Aggie punt results in Doe returning it 82 yards for a touchdown. That hurt. Without that Aggies win. The missed field goal was a real bummer. 37 yarder. But an offensive pass interference call really killed that drive. Aggies would have had the ball around the 8 yard line...

I'm happy though with the progress the Aggies are making. The defense is really pretty good. The offense I'm still a little concerned about.
I realize Wisconsin has a pretty strong defense, as well as the Utes, but the Aggie O seems to really struggle in the second and third qtr.
I hope that next week against CSU that will improve.

Anyone want to give a brief summary? I take it Ut St missed a FG at the end?

Did they do bonehead stuff like last year? Or just lost it?

A combination of both. They totally dominated the first half on defense, minus a stupid roughing the passer call that took away an interception that would've given the Aggies the ball deep in Badger territory. Ags had a 14-3 lead at half.

Early 3rd the Ags punted and Wisconsin returned it for a TD. The punt was a line drive that gave Doe plenty of time to figure out where to go on the return. A higher punt and he fair catches it, and most likely the Badgers don't score. That punt return changed the momentum. Ags continued to struggle on offense, and Wisconsin scored later in the 3rd but the Ags blocked the PAT. Both teams did nothing on offense until the Ags got the ball back with about 1:30 left in the 4th. They completed a huge 3rd down pass that put them into FG range. Then completed a pass that was called for a BS offensive pass interference (was totally a bad call). That forced them to kick a 37 yard FG from the right hash mark. The kicker pretty much kicked it straight and missed it wide right.

Not an Aggie fan but I really felt it for them. They deserved the win and outplayed, and most the night dominated Wisconsin.

Our punters totally cost us this game. As mentioned above the line drive kick had a hang time of like 1.5 seconds. The second touchdown Wisconsin scored on was a punt that went all of 17 yards which allowed them to start on the Aggie 40 yard line. Just pathetic. The defense played awesome and it was funny to listen to the Big 10 announcers try to figure out how a smaller WAC team was able to play so tough against a mighty Big 10 team. Tough loss to swallow but there is always next week and a new game.