What's new

Okur and Millsap to GS (idea)

d@!!0n0rcutt

Golden State IN: Mehmet Okur, Paul Millsap, and 9th pick
OUT: Andres Biendrins, Corey Maggette, and 6th pick

Utah IN: Andres Biendrins, Corey Maggette, and 6th pick
OUT: Mehmet Okur, Paul Millsap, and 9th pick

6th pick DeMarcus Cousins, resign Boozer, and bite the bullet for one year to resign AK to a smaller contract.

Williams
Miles
Kirilenko
Boozer
Cousins

Um no way in hell. Biedrins is worse then Memo and more injury prone than him. I doubt Cousins falls to 6 anyway. I like Maggette but would not give up Millsap to get him.

I doubt any one will trade for Memo, his career is over

Kings are taking Cousins if he's there. Don't read into press reports they are smoke screens to deter Minnesota from taking him at 4.

That is one of the worst trades ideas I have ever seen. We get two of the worst contracts in the year to move up three picks, and give a good contract and a bad contract. Neither Memo or Millsap's contract is near as horrible as either of those guys.

Mambo- You realize he averaged 17 and 7 in his prime right? In think a realistic scenario for Cousins is a taller Al Jefferson which is pretty damn good

Sure he could not be a bust. But tying ourselves up with an old injury prone slasher and a center that cant play defense until 2013 for about 19-20million a year for a chance at someone that the Jazz seem to have no interest in because they havent worked him out. Also the fact that he is emotionally unstable.

Some one said they wanted to bring Cousins in but his agent said no for some reason. Calipari helped him a lot in just one year. think what Sloan and company(Deron) could do? If he realizes his potential his attitude will change IMO

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink it.

And out of all the draftee`s Cousins aside from Whiteside seem like the 2 that wouldnt know how to drink.

Its not worth tying up our 2/5 position for the next 3 years while losing a younger/cheaper millsap.

Millsap who is 6'6" and plays really well against other team's bench players, the one 30 game stretch he had to start he was gassed and none left in the tank, which would make me very nervous for a 82 plus games thats if we do make the playoffs which would be very hard to swallow. Millsap wants to start, not come off the bench anymore

Millsap who is 6'6" and plays really well against other team's bench players, the one 30 game stretch he had to start he was gassed and none left in the tank, which would make me very nervous for a 82 plus games thats if we do make the playoffs which would be very hard to swallow. Millsap wants to start, not come off the bench anymore

so you think and injury prone maggette can do better?
Andres Biendrins was horrible last season because Nelly tried to motivate him but it backfired.

Although I like Maggette and Biendrins as player there is no way I would want to take one there Horrible contracts. Not even for a shot at Cousins. Who wont be there at 6 anyway.

Millsap is not trade bait to move up at all unless we package him with something really good. Memo does not get it done. No one, inlcuding the Jazz, want a 6'6" starting PF despite how well we love the way Sap plays the game.

Golden State IN: Mehmet Okur, Paul Millsap, and 9th pick
OUT: Andres Biendrins, Corey Maggette, and 6th pick

Utah IN: Andres Biendrins, Corey Maggette, and 6th pick
OUT: Mehmet Okur, Paul Millsap, and 9th pick

6th pick DeMarcus Cousins, resign Boozer, and bite the bullet for one year to resign AK to a smaller contract.

Williams
Miles
Kirilenko
Boozer
Cousins

You assume that Biedrins will make Carlos look decent on defense but you and %50 of this forum make the same mistake by thinking so.
1) Biedrins is just NOT Memo or Paul.
2) A player with NO offensive threat and laughable FT % is not deserving to play in NBA.
3) Memo is a better man to man defender than most of the so-called "defensive"centers you will come up with, including the man that was supposed to make Nowitzki accountable on defense and take them to promised land, Haywood.
4) Losing Okur and Millsap for the sake of Carlos does not make sense to me. Carlos is not that valuable. His personality? Is he really a leader type of guy? Is he a franchise player? For me, no way.

Again, NO WAY do the Jazz sign Boozer with AK on the roster. It's just not going to happen, especially when taking ON money which this deal does.