What's new

Olympics Thread

Bah... Mockery my ***. It's an artistic expression, a rendition of a famous painting. People gotta learn to take chill pills and take life less seriously, religions included.

I also just see some queers, drag artists etc. in the picture doing nothing specially offending,like how is that mockery like the tweeter states!
Things considered sacred to millions/billions are better left unrenditioned. That is just common sense of not being too provocative.

But more than that there is something offending in that setup. The person behind the child has some "wardrobe issues".

1722152457255.png

Unfortunate accident. It happens with dancing in smaller clothes, too bad it happened in this situation and no one pointed out it before this setup

Things considered sacred to millions/billions are better left unrenditioned. That is just common sense of not being too provocative.

Maybe yes, maybe no, but I know for a fact I've been seeing tons of serious or funny re-enactments of the last supper. Mostly never no one cares about it. But if it's queers - oh yeah, the dooooomm! Meanwhile no one takes on notice, what the actual message is, I stead they just concentrate victimizing themselves.

I still don't see in the first image posted here anything else than queers and some firms of femininity representing people in the pic. I guess feminity has to be offending. :eyeroll:

Maybe yes, maybe no, but I know for a fact I've been seeing tons of serious or funny re-enactments of the last supper. Mostly never no one cares about it. But if it's queers - oh yeah, the dooooomm! Meanwhile no one takes on notice, what the actual message is, I stead they just concentrate victimizing themselves.

I still don't see in the first image posted here anything else than queers and some firms of femininity representing people in the pic. I guess feminity has to be offending. :eyeroll:
The person who posted it is an active and influential person in the LGBTQ+ scene and other members of those communities are among the leading voices in condemning that scene.

So perhaps you should go and see what the communities depicted in that re-enactment think before you think its ok.

The problem is not the cause, the problem is using a stage with hundreds of millions of viewers to provoke. Christians are much more tolerant than members of some other religions, but imagine having something sacred to islam being "rendered" on that kind of stage and what that would lead into.

Provocation is such a trendy thing to do that I get it that some people like you have become immune to it. But there is a limit as to how far you should go.

South Sudan basketball team looks crazy long. Nonetheless Khaman Maluach still stands out in that crowd.

Last edited:
I was think similar thoughts at first. Then I came upon some more information.

For All Non-Cultured nor Greek Mythology Knowledgable Humans:

Olympic Opening Ceremony: It was a celebration of Dionysus, Greek God of wine, merriment, food, theater, etc. It was celebrating the theatrical.

NOT THE LAST SUPPER!

He was always depicted with ivy growing on him, as was the guy in blue. If you watched it, it did not look like a table. It was in fact a huge runway for a fashion show, which followed.

There were 18 people, not 12 like the disciples.

FWIW

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

It's also nothing alike the painting tbh, where apostles are all whispering with each other. It's just the problematic segment of people that want to find any excuse to attack over trans community and other people that may be or may be not falling under lgbtiqa+

It's also nothing alike the painting tbh, where apostles are all whispering with each other. It's just the problematic segment of people that want to find any excuse to attack over trans community and other people that may be or may be not falling under lgbtiqa+
Only problem I really have is that I think the intent of it is simply to piss people off/trigger people. These types of reactions are what they were hoping to get imo

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Only problem I really have is that I think the intent of it is simply to piss people off/trigger people. These types of reactions are what they were hoping to get imo

I have no problem with offending people that are always looking to be offended. **** em. Especially over **** like religion, the white hot of fury of the privileged. They can get ****ed. Triggered is a word exclusively designed for people who are *****.

There is a whole industry on the right of people that are just waiting to be outraged about anything, its how they keep the hatred rolling in their base. Bunch of ****ing twits.

That was 100% the intent. They wouldn't even think of doing this making fun of Muslims or heads would be chopped off.

I have no problem with offending people that are always looking to be offended. **** em. Especially over **** like religion, the white hot of fury of the privileged. They can get ****ed. Triggered is a word exclusively designed for people who are *****.

There is a whole industry on the right of people that are just waiting to be outraged about anything, its how they keep the hatred rolling in their base. Bunch of ****ing twits.
So you are basically describing the LGBTQ community because they are the ones always looking to be offended and then they get the slightest push back and want to call them anti gay and Trans. It's so ****ed up.

So you are basically describing the LGBTQ community because they are the ones always looking to be offended and then they get the slightest push back and want to call them anti gay and Trans. It's so ****ed up.

Well no, gay and trans people are a minority that are discriminated against, white middle class people are the empowered majority, its the difference between punching up and punching down.

Back