What's new

One big ROFL @ Corbin

Mo Will averaging 16 shots a night. If Mo Will averages 16 shots a night for the next 82, we're sunk. Subs don't matter with that statistic.

Corbin needs to be fired. His rotations have not improved over last season and he really is a coach who seems to play lesser vets over better young guys. Favors should not have come out of the game last night near the end. As soon as Jefferson came in they went right at him and scored at will. Millsap and Jefferson on the floor together is a horrible combo. 2 offensive minded players who have no idea how to play defense. Favors needs to be and deserves to be playing 30 MPG.

I'm sorry but the dude is Jerry Sloan 2.0. I am tired of not seeing in game adjustments, not developing our young core, and playing Carroll instead of burks or giving marvin/hayward more minutes. I now accept the fact that the Jazz will be medicore, and no better. This team has the goal of making the playoffs as an 8th seed and that's it. Burks is a lotto pick and we're wasting him. I just love seeing Millsap and Jefferson getting out rebounded and no substitutions made.

/Rantover

So being the 2.0 version of one of the best coaches ever is a bad thing?

They're obviously talking about his substitution patterns specifically.. not other facets of the game.

Also his insane favoring of the vets and his slow response to in game tactical changes and overall strategic adjustments. And while Sloan was brilliant in many other ways (something Corbin has not shown), the NBA evolved and he remained in place. So a Sloan 2.0 would be pretty awesome. All the strengths of Sloan, with a modern NBA mentality! But what we have here is a Chinese knock off Slown Extreem for $99.

Also his insane favoring of the vets and his slow response to in game tactical changes and overall strategic adjustments. And while Sloan was brilliant in many other ways (something Corbin has not shown), the NBA evolved and he remained in place. So a Sloan 2.0 would be pretty awesome. All the strengths of Sloan, with a modern NBA mentality! But what we have here is a Chinese knock off Slown Extreem for $99.

I agree.
I wish I knew what the hell was going on here. Millsap basically played pretty bad through the first 3 quarters, yet he continued to play the end of the 4th as well.
I thought Favors was playing great, and was the only guy playing decent defense.
Why even have Al in the game if Mo, Foye, and Marvin were just going to huck up long range shots the whole game?
And I'm not going to even get into Burks sitting on the bench, while Tinsley and Carroll get his minutes.
Although Carroll always plays hard.

I agree.
I wish I knew what the hell was going on here. Millsap basically played pretty bad through the first 3 quarters, yet he continued to play the end of the 4th as well.
I thought Favors was playing great, and was the only guy playing decent defense.
Why even have Al in the game if Mo, Foye, and Marvin were just going to huck up long range shots the whole game?
And I'm not going to even get into Burks sitting on the bench, while Tinsley and Carroll get his minutes.
Although Carroll always plays hard.

And he hit the game tying 3 pointer. That is why he is in.

The only thing I really have a problem with is the lack of defensive substitution for a final possession. Seems pretty dumb to me. The only argument I could find against it is that if Favors got a rebound, he would be fouled and probably miss FT's, but that isn't really a strong enough reason not to have him in.

He's a journeyman player as a coach, so he lives vicariously through his players. Tom Thibodeau has no problem sitting Boozer on his *** when he has to make a stop.

......thanks for the memories! Glad we ain't paying all that money to pathetic Boozer anymore! Too bad Corbin is dead from the neck up when it comes to coaching. We should have fired him and hired Stan Van Gundy! At least the press conferences would have been a riot! Like the NFL this year, there seem to be SO MANY "train wreck" teams that watching most of them will be extremely hard on the eyes!

I'm not sure what sitting Boozer and putting in Taj Gibson has to do with those players? I didn't make a point about his team just his coaching. He regularly subbed Taj for Boozer and Ronnie Brewer for whoever when he needed a stop. Maybe you could help me with your point?

My apologies for misreading you. Apparently I read Boozer and my mind went ballistic.

If you're talking about the last play where Hayward fell down then I agree. Regardless of the last play, if the Jazz are going to be a middle WC team then they need to control games against teams like the Hornets no matter where it is played. The final play may have been on Corbin, but the loss is definitely on the players.

To add, one school of thought believes in keeping current players on the floor because they're aready warm and all. Play-by-play report says it was a 20 second time out. That may be why Favors wasn't put in. Besides, the focus with 7 seconds left was on perimeter players. So yeah, it's very possible Corbin put plenty of thought into this exact situation prior to the 20 live seconds he was given to make a decision.

The problem with the Corbin is, while other coaches above average (Doug Collins, Pops, George Karl, Thibs, Carlisle etc.) turning coals into diamonds, (e.g. look at what Pop has done over the years with Spurs and living proofs like Neal, Green, Leonard) he is turning diamonds into coals even if its physically and chemically impossible. He is like King Midas in reverse.

If you got plenty of precious ores on your roster, i don`t care how raw it is you got to forge it. That`s the essential part of your job and why you are here.

Corbin was caving in to Raja Bell.... had to beg KOC to go get a restraining order on the Ringer.... why is this guy still coaching here?

bit of an overreaction i think.
jazz have had some nice moments in their first few games.

i can't believe all the 20+ year ***-bragging jazz fanz calling this sloan 2.0.
the way we are running and taking the three shot is nothing like any sloan team i ever saw.

we've already played the mavs and the spurs - two of the best and deepest teams in the west.
we have a very young head coach and a very young roster who somehow snuck into 8th place last year.

young coaches with young teams are gonna lose their share of games and it WILL be a long season if you set your expectations too high.

for the record there are plenty of things i'm not thrilled about 3 games in (burks) but it'll take some time for this team to figure itself out.
and other people are getting paid way more than me to worry about that stuff.

I don`t agree with the Mavs being one of the best and deepest team of the West statement either. But you know what they say about exaggerating, "it makes your d*** smaller."

In that case.. I shall try unexaggerating .. or deaxaggerating.

WHY IS TINSLEY AND FOYE GETFTING ALL JEREMY EVANS MINUTES?!!!!!!! Fire Ty Corbin1

FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE!