What's new

Only way to upgrade our roster...

PrinceJL

... is trading AK's expiring contract.

NJ isnt getting anyone big so maybe they take him off our hands. AK for TWilliams, KHumpries, & PTE ? Those players suck but we can use those to package as different assets teams want.

AK to CHA for Chandler/TyThomas ?

We are so close to the salary cap that we wont be able to sign any FA's. That leaves our trade exceptions and the MLE, and trading our trash for someone else's.

I get the feeling that teams aren't going to graciously take AK's contract from us and give us anything but cap relief in return. And that wont happen until February, IMO, because that's when the Jazz' leverage with AK's contract runs out, and I think teams that might want him would be willing to hold out.

We might still get someone, just because deals have been agreed upon doesn't mean that trades aren't going to happen.

Augustine, Jamero Davidson and Rod Benson are three bigs that ought to get a camp invitation. Augustine is a former 2nd round pick of the Magic and has played in the league. Davidson also has some NBA experience. Augie would probably help the club house with DWill. The other two have some skills. Also I wouldn't be sad to see JC Carroll picked up as the third point.

Jazz are about 9 million under the LT level & they have the trade exception they can use still. They aren't totally tied. Now let's see if the Jazz do anything.

There is no way the Jazz are giving away AK for peanuts with Boozer gone. Losing Boozer costs us at least 5 games, losing both together it would be 20 games as it decimates are front line.