What's new

Open Scrimmage October 5 at 4 p.m. MT!

Rewatching.

Favors has a bad *** Maloneesque play early on where he ball fakes real low to freeze Evans then shoots the easy J. Watch that and tell me working with Malone didn't do anything, it's uncanny.

Impressions from a fellow Jazz fan from Brazil:

Core 4 look exactly like they did last year. Thought Burks, Favors or Hayward would show some improvement, but they looked pretty much the same. Kanter looked like the best of the bunch. Kinda like last year.
Was surprised to see how well Jefferson played.
Gobert looked good. Better than Favors actually.
Burke looked bad IMO. I actually believe he can be a pretty decent PG, but he just looks frustrated, depressed or as if he doesn't care. He needs to get his confidence back and show he belongs. I think he'll figure things out eventually. Just hope it's sooner than later.

Of course, it's just a preseason scrimmage. But judging by everything these guys have been saying about being ready to take over, I expected something more than what they showed.

Reactions: BHP
Here are a couple of the best highlights with Locke's call.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwwTS-DKIeQ

Looks like it is as most expected. Hayward plays point forward and Burke just brings the ball up the court.

Kanter is going to lead the team in points and Burke has 0 scoring touch (right now).

It's just what it's. kanter's gonna lead the team in scoring may be rebounding too. Still i really wonder his cardio playing 30+ min in 82 matches. Favors's gonna score from PnR positions and put backs and has no post up moves in his 4th year.Jefferson seems pretty in shape and he can play with Hayward in starting 5 at some matches if not he can be good back up playing point forward. Burks seem more controlled and balanced but still his 1st preference is shooting or pushing the ball too much. I really wonder his shooting performance and assist/TO ratio. Burke needs really time to watch tv analysis, sets and improve his understanding of the game. He just seems not ready and has some mental issues after his bad performance. Somebody needs to rehab him and increase his own-trust. Andris seems in shape but has lost his lateral quickness. Gobert will be necessary for limited min to bring energy but neeeds serious lifting and gaining muscles. Evans still thinks too much while he has ball in his hands even in scrimmage.

I'm curious how hard Karl pressed Favors about a go-to move because I can't figure out why Favors disagrees. Seems obvious to me that he needed to focus on a short-to-mid-range jumpshot to open up his face-up options, a simple hook over the left shoulder, and catching the ball in motion and finishing (I'm aware that that's three, but they are all very simple). Or maybe he did work on those things and he didn't want to show his hand. I don't know. I just sure hope he didn't simply meander through a bunch of stuff. I can only speak to training myself as a musician, but you make A LOT MORE progress when you focus on a goal and the drills/exercises that will get you there.

After watching the scrimage I think the starting lineup should be:

1 Alec Burks
2 Gordon Hayward
3 Jeremy Evans
4 Derrick Favors
5 Enes Kanter

If Trey Burke continues to suck (let's be honest) through all of pre-season and gets obviously outplayed by Lucas or Machado, would it be a terrible idea to have Burke come off the bench? I'm starting to get just a little worried that throwing him in the fire might not be the right strategy.

But what do I know.

If Trey Burke continues to suck (let's be honest) through all of pre-season and gets obviously outplayed by Lucas or Machado, would it be a terrible idea to have Burke come off the bench? I'm starting to get just a little worried that throwing him in the fire might not be the right strategy.

But what do I know.

It's obvious bringing him off the bench is better idea than starting him but it's too bad our PG rotation just really sucks.

After watching the scrimage I think the starting lineup should be:

1 Alec Burks
2 Gordon Hayward
3 Jeremy Evans
4 Derrick Favors
5 Enes Kanter
Bench
1 Trey Burke(at this point only because he was a 9th pick)
2 Brandon Rush
3 Marvin Williams
4 Richard Jefferson
5 Rudy Gobert

People, even though he has physical shortcomings, Burke's main problem is mostly mental. So, let's not execute him already.

We should start and play him all the preseason, early season and even the whole season. We should give him every chances this season. If he doesn't quit sucking, only after then, we can decide what to do with him.

Hell, I'm not even a Burke fan because I like only pure PGs, but since we drafted this kid, lets let him to prove himself, through the season and real basketball games, instead of meaningless scrimmages or pick up games.

Isn't it what this season about?