What's new

[Opinion] The Jazz are signing Danillo Gallinari

Joncolton

You heard it here first.

5 hours ago – via Sportando
Danilo Gallinari talked about his future during the “Festival dello Sport” in Italy Danilo Gallinari talked about his future during the “Festival dello Sport” in Italy: «Is playing for the NBA Championship more important than a contract? Yes. At this time, yes. I’m not twenty anymore».

No team needs a PF like him more than Utah. He's a perfect fit for our system, and could take our full MLE. Dennis Lindsey wanted to sign him after Hayward left, it was unfortunately too late.
6'10, 40% 3P, 90% FT, and almost 1 steal per game. We sign him and run it back with Mike Conley. Sign Baynes to the vet minimum or Meyers Leonard, and our draft picks. That's a wrap. :)

I know Gallo is good but sometimes the guys that are so reliant on BS foul drawing get significantly worse in the playoffs. Never really a good defender. I worry that Gallo will age poorly... he just plays kinda upright.

I mean if he signs on for the MLE you do that but I don't see him as the missing piece.

I'd also bet that Phoenix would offer something better than MLE to get him and he'd probably take it... obviously not a contender but its a team that is improving and a market NBA guys like.

So the title is total clickbait. Ok. Mods can you add "Rumor" or something to the title please? TIA

1 - If he’s going for the MLE, it ain’t here. Because of all the cap-angling last year, there is no shortage of teams that are both above the cap but comfortably below the tax and ready to use the full MLE for a piece that might put them over the top. The now defending champions are one of them and it would be a great situation for all parties, as just one example. I suppose it could also be said that teams are also angling for next year so they’ll try to keep away from long term deals but I think the first point reigns.

2. I don’t think he’ll age well and even at the MLE could be a contract that ends up looking like ****. That frame + his injury history + not athletic at baseline + his age = could be *******.

What does he add that Bojan doesn't already do, and do better? Maybe some rebounding, and length? And he's not nearly the injury concern Gallo is.

What does he add that Bojan doesn't already do, and do better? Maybe some rebounding, and length? And he's not nearly the injury concern Gallo is.
So you wouldn't take another Bojan who rebound better and better length?

Bojan is better at the 3. This gives us a 4 who can actually rebound.

There are players I like better but this would be a good signing.

If this is any indication, he’s not giving the jazz a discount contract. Maybe true for LA, Milwaukee, Miami but not the jazz unless they all of a sudden sign a top 5-10 player. The jazz have proven they aren’t close to contending.