What's new

Orem Owlz cancel Caucasian Night

The Thriller

Darn.

It seemed like such a great idea...

https://www.milb.com/news/article.j...d=131690108&vkey=news_t519&fext=.jsp&sid=t519

You may have read that the Orem Owlz had long ago scheduled Caucasian Heritage Night as one of its 38 promotions.

Minor League Baseball, and the Orem Owlz, is about baseball, togetherness and family fun for all fans of all races, religions, and orientations. Our goal in this promotion, like any of our promotions, is to have fun and make fun of everyday normalcies. Our night was to include wonder bread on burgers with mayonnaise, clips from shows like Friends and Seinfeld and trying to solve the vertical leaping challenge. We understand, in light of recent tragic events, that our intentions have been misconstrued. For that, we sincerely apologize.

A truly stupid idea. It should be known that any heritage night, be Asian, Hispanic, African-American, etc. is pandering. I'm not sure what you poor ******** do, but I use hamburger buns when I eat hamburgers, not Wonder Bread.

I'm sure their PR person just loved writing that schlock and I don't buy that the owner didn't know about it either.

I have a few initial thoughts.

1. What are the 37 other promotions?

2. Caucasian night really? Smh

3. I don't think "insert racial/religious/gender group" night is the way to deal with this issue. Far to deep an impact by each group to limit it to any week, night, month...

4. The ways the celebrate it are dumb as well. Wonder bread? Lmfao

I would've driven up to Orem just for the spectical -- that, and I love Wonder Bread.

Back to shaming again I see. I hope you have a great friday jerk.
I'm confused. Are you calling him a jerk? Or do you want him to have a great Friday jerk? Why would a Friday jerk be any different than any other day?
Punctuation, people!

I'm confused. Are you calling him a jerk? Or do you want him to have a great Friday jerk? Why would a Friday jerk be any different than any other day?
Punctuation, people!

I left it ambiguous on purpose. My work here is done.