What's new

OT: Kevin Ware (Louisville) Injury......

dipship31

OT: Kevin Ware (Louisville) Leg Injury......

Absolute worst injury I've ever seen, especially since there was no real cause for it like being undercut, landing on a foot, etc. It happened with just his body and nothing else. Feel free to watch the vid, but if you're squeamish in any way you may want to avoid:

https://youtu.be/MGnVNyDljmc

This is the type of injury that makes you never want to play a sport again, hell ever jump again.

Ahh nuts. I went all day not watching that and then I did.
I've watched violence like this in movies all the time, but for whatever reason when it's real, it makes it more gruesome.
I won't be hustling out to the three point line for a while now in pickup.

Incidents like that reminds you that how fragile human body is. It was so tuff to watch let alone experiencing it at first hand. Hope he will recover asap.

Absolute worst injury I've ever seen, especially since there was no real cause for it like being undercut, landing on a foot, etc. It happened with just his body and nothing else. Feel free to watch the vid, but if you're squeamish in any way you may want to avoid:

This is the type of injury that makes you never want to play a sport again, hell ever jump again.

I read he probably had stress fractures that contributed to the way it broke. So sad for the kid. That is just horrible.

That injury made the passion of the crowd and the players take on a totally different feel. Instead of Red v Blue it was 'Rudy, Rudy, Rudy' type feel. Those sorts of games are a real delight to watch. What a game. I am chearing for Louisville to win out now... although Wichata St. would be great fun too. Then again, that Michigan game with the 'Trey heard around the world' wouldn't be so bad either. Down with Syracuse!

friday-damn.gif

.....that's why I never even tried to jump very high! I just used my head and boxed out, denied my man the ball.....never had to leave my feet to accomplish those things very nicely! Won 9 out of 10 games I played against the school yard slop that tried to leap over tall buildings in a single bound! That was a strange injury in that no one touched him nor did he come down on any objects that would have caused him to fall so awkwardly!

Yeah, nothing touches this. Except maybe an injury sustained on a basketball court built on a supposed former minefield.

I landed on someone's foot one time and dislocated my ankle. My foot was stuck sideways, damn near backwards. I had to pop it back in myself. Its a strangle feeling being disfigured. Very scary. I feel bad for the kid. It hurts being kicked in the shin. I can't imagine snapping that thing.

The bone came out 6 inches!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: I can't see how you'd say Livingston was worse.

They were both bad. But Ware might make a better recovery. Its much harder to heal joints than it is bone.

I think the kid had something wrong with his leg before. It might have been fractured. Its crazy how easily it snapped.