What's new

OT: Tim Duncan Retires

Shocking. I don't think anyone saw this coming.

I had the chance to meet him his rookie year. I was working in SA at a country club called Sontera. He came in, had the worst swing ever and played with David Robinson and Vinny Del Negro (Who's wife was smoking hot). He was amazingly friendly and easy to talk to. No pomp or circumstance. He struck me as a hard worker and proved it over his career. He ended up giving me court side seats to see the Jazz beat them with a three from Stockton. He owned up to his mistakes during his career and although he complained incessantly to the officials, he was really fun to watch. Good luck to Timmy.

I truly think the 2 seed is possible. Likely? No. But if we're healthy and gel, it's def possible imo.

Duncan was the man. An old-school fundamentally-sound player. Amazed he only averaged 24 PPG once season in his career as he always seemed to play well.

I don't think losing Duncan affects the Spurs at all. He played a very minor role last year.

Playing 25 minutes a night is a minor role? Okay.

I don't buy the Aldridge/Gasol frontline working out well defensively. Parker and Ginobili are a year older and imo, due for the injuries they had often in earlier years.

In short, they're very vulnerable imo and we need to go for the ****ing kill.

Last edited:
It's sad, but it's time.

I feel privileged to have gotten to watch him play for the past 19 years. Happy well-deserved retirement!

Playing 25 minutes a night is a minor role? Okay.

I don't buy the Aldridge/Gasol frontline working out well defensively. Parker and Ginobili are a year older and imo, due for the injuries they had often in earlier years.

In short, they're very vulnerable imo and need to go for the ****ing kill.

I guess he played a smaller role, but you're right. Looking at stats, he was a bit of a factor offensively (not much), and he was still a defensive anchor. Maybe SA will be hurt by this.

It definitely hurts SA, but they still have Leonard, Aldridge, and Pop. Plus plenty of other key contributors. I still see high 50's for wins at the lowest.

The Spurs are my mistress (when the Jazz are out of town during the playoffs). I would take them over any other team in the league. Professional, butt kicking good, all about the team, Duncan, Ginobli, Vinny D, Sean Elliot, The Admiral, the Red Rocket and many more.

Duncan played the game the way it should be played and it was a treat cheering for the Spurs with Duncan on the squad. Farewell to an all round Champion.

I don't think losing Duncan affects the Spurs at all. He played a very minor role last year.
Maybe on the court, but TD's influence on the Spurs goes way beyond that. He sets the standards for effort, execution, and professionalism. He's going to be missed and the Spurs might take a step back.

Think Michael Wilbon just said it best regarding his position - let's just call him one of the best big men of all time. He wasn't a forward. He's a big man like Russell was.