What's new

Our PF problem

I love Millsap, but if he really gets 20+ M over 5 years that is a bad contract after year 2. I want no part of it.

You can do so many things at the 4 that are effective... I don't think we are in a place to pay a premium.

If we're going to trade, we'll be trading for a PG.

I would think Pat Patterson is a good target. Maybe even Ryan Anderson, but I doubt it. Nikola Mirotic is worth a strong look imo. I think James Johnson from Miami would do a good job, but we would have to trade Favors. I still like Mike Muscala, but strictly as a backup.

I don't think you can trust Bolomboy with minutes against good teams.

Solid post but no way in hell we want Anderson with that albatross contract.

I could definitely see us trading a 1st-round pick for Beverley/Rubio then going after Patterson in FA.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

U know who I would like as a starter with Hill/Rubio/Beverly, Hood, Hayward, and Gobert.... wait for it... BOOKER... Captain Crunch.... BOOKER IT!

What's the tax bill on this lineup?

Rubio/Exum/Neto
Ingles(@$12)/Hood/Mitchell
Hayward(@Max)
Millsap(@$25)/JJ/Bolomboy
Rudy/Bradley

What about if you sub Beverly for Rubio?

If my math is right I don't think you're in the tax with that. I mean you're basically replacing Favors contract w/ Ingles and Alec and JJ's contract with Millsap and then bringing in Rubio.

Time for Sap to come home

I think this happens if Hayward walks. If Hayward stays it might still happen.

Favors put his SLC house up for sale. Favors is from Atlanta.

Atlanta traded away Howard, and announced they would seek a sign and trade with Milsap because Milsap is leaving.

Favors would come home and fill an immediate need in Atlanta, generate some interest, cost very little and help them tank.

What's the tax bill on this lineup?

Rubio/Exum/Neto ->> 14.5+5+1.5
Ingles(@$12)/Hood/Mitchell ->12+2.5+2.5
Hayward(@Max)->>30 +1 min contract
Millsap(@$25)/JJ/Bolomboy ->25+10.5+1.5
Rudy/Bradley -> 21.5+1.5+ 1 min contract
--------------------------------------
130M

What about if you sub Beverly for Rubio?

130M with Rubio. That's 11 over the luxury tax

121M with Beverley. 2M over the luxury tax.

If my math is right I don't think you're in the tax with that. I mean you're basically replacing Favors contract w/ Ingles and Alec and JJ's contract with Millsap and then bringing in Rubio.

About 10M into the tax so a bill of 16-17M. I think we can get Ingles cheaper though. I see him as starting at 9M... just over MLE I doubt anyone exceeds that by a significant margin.

It's actually quite doable if you get Millman at 25 and Joe at 9... better if we get Beverly... obviously have to get off of AB and Favs. Would Atlanta do a Millsap for Favs and AB sign and trade?

Bev, Hood, Hayward, Millman, Gobert is pretty nasty... Bench of JJ, Jingles, Exum, Mitchell is decent too. Hmmmmmmmm....