What's new

Our Starting Line-up

Doublea

Just wanted to say that the Jazz starting 5 is the 5th best offensive 5 man line-up in the NBA (min 50 mins played).

Also:
Of players with at least 50 shots in restricted area Derrick Favors is the #1 finisher - 78.6%
Alec Burks catch and shoot 3 - 47% this year. Not a fluke last year 41%.

Not surprising. We usually get off to a fast start then blow whatever lead we have in the second quarter. Hell. I bet our second unit is one of the worst offensive units. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our offense has been great this year. Good to see us actually have an identity on that end of the floor, now if we can just figure out the other end....

Not surprising. We usually get off to a fast start then blow whatever lead we have in the second quarter. Hell. I bet our second unit is one of the worst offensive units. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to find bench statistics, but I can't... hmm.

I feel like they could only continue to improve from where we are now. If Jesus can post a good percentage for the rest of the year and Enes continues to show up, nothing but good can happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our offense has been great this year. Good to see us actually have an identity on that end of the floor, now if we can just figure out the other end....

Seriously. This team needs to wake the **** up!

I suppose it's hard to find bench stats, cos it's not like you ever do a straight swap from starters to bench guys. Your starters are your starters, then after that it's all combinations. And according to the link below, our starters are the only combination to have reached the 50 minute mark together.

https://www.basketball-reference.co...&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=ge&c4val=&order_by=pts

And they actually aren't too horific on defense. 14 worst out of 34. Although 112.4 pts/100 possesions is not fantastic.

https://www.basketball-reference.co...al=&c4stat=&c4comp=ge&c4val=&order_by=opp_pts

(in before i am using this wrong)

I suppose it's hard to find bench stats, cos it's not like you ever do a straight swap from starters to bench guys. Your starters are your starters, then after that it's all combinations. And according to the link below, our starters are the only combination to have reached the 50 minute mark together.

https://www.basketball-reference.co...&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=ge&c4val=&order_by=pts

I swear there is a bench statistic that has been mentioned before... I don't know how they calculate it though.

Just wanted to say that the Jazz starting 5 is the 5th best offensive 5 man line-up in the NBA (min 50 mins played).
So they CAN be successful together and it appears all of them are getting plenty of shots. Imagine how much further along this group would be if they had played 70+ games together as a unit lat season. I know, Burks and Kanter needed to learn how to tie their shoes last year before they could possibly hope to replace such great talents as Richard Jefferson and Marvin Williams in the starting lineup. Guess we had to start those vets in order to maintain their trade value, I mean keep them happy so we could re-sign them. Ummm, what exactly was the reason for starting those two?

Not surprised the bench is struggling: Ingles and Gobert aren't scorers. Exum isn't penetrating. Booker has looked lost of late and Hood is out.