What's new

Paschall traded to the Jazz

Important to note that Paschall was yanked from playing the 4 very quickly and lost his spot as a small-ball 5 to Juan Toscano Anderson. Some of it was injuries for sure but he didn't fit into a system as well so that makes me doubt.

Jazz will have control over his destiny though for virtually nothing aside from tax money and roster spot. Jazz still lack someone that can defend guards. There may not be enough rotation minutes in the backcourt, though so the Jazz are still going into the season bearing their weaknesses.

I checked the realgm future draft picks thing, withoug seeing a 2026 2nd rounder for the Jazz. Which trade is this from?
I think it should be from the draft night trade. So instead of drafting Butler at 30, Zanik came out with Butler, Paschall and an extra 2nd rounder.

I checked the realgm future draft picks thing, withoug seeing a 2026 2nd rounder for the Jazz. Which trade is this from?
definitely from the Grizz in that trade for pick #30. DL threw away all of our 2nd rounders from 2021 to 2027.

Love it. I remember the Jazz really liked him in that draft, so I’m glad they got him. Wonder if this spells doom for Brantley making the team

Paschall is essentially brought in as the Niang replacement. very different player of course. But i don't mind giving him Niang's minutes.

Top 42 protection in 2026 for Memphis as well - I think Memphis is going to be better than that with their young lineup so could very well never convey.

He’s a 4 that has some potential as a 5 in terms of his build, but he doesn’t do big man stuff. He’s a poor rebounder for his size.

But I like the potential. Honestly, I’m not sure how much better he is than Brantley, but at least his game doesn’t revolve around handling the ball.
He is better than Brantley. He has proven he is a NBA player and Brantley has not. What is great about this offseason is the Jazz have actual NBA players at the end of the bench instead of a bunch of G league developmental players. I love this move.

Important to note that Paschall was yanked from playing the 4 very quickly and lost his spot as a small-ball 5 to Juan Toscano Anderson. Some of it was injuries for sure but he didn't fit into a system as well so that makes me doubt.

Jazz will have control over his destiny though for virtually nothing aside from tax money and roster spot. Jazz still lack someone that can defend guards. There may not be enough rotation minutes in the backcourt, though so the Jazz are still going into the season bearing their weaknesses.
Forrest is a defender. So is Butler. They obviously have everything to prove, but their profile and resume is pretty clear up to this point.

Here's Paschall's highlight this season against the full strength lakers. Outscored both Lebron and AD in that game with 19points to help GSW come back and win it by 2.

I think the best case scenario for him would be Kyle Kuzma.