What's new

Paschall traded to the Jazz

I agree and would add that we got beat in part because a rotation player had a career night and other bench players played extremely well in the 2nd half. Multiple things came together for the Clips that night.
Ehh. They did it two games in a row without their best player.

The Jazz had a worse team and it wasn't close.

We've added a lot of depth without losing many assets. I'm very confident that were a better team going into the next season.

If the Dubs flame out for whatever reason, Id be down for Bogey for Draymond. Don’t think they’d do it and I wouldn’t blame them but an O’Neale-Green-Gobert front court would be badass defensively, and I think Draymond could get Don to work far harder on d. I know he’s past his prime but dude is so good on d, passing, a solid rebounder…

I don’t know how much you can conclude about his defense. During his rookie year, the warriors were terrible. Last year, their defense started out horribly. He hasn’t had a great cast.

Here's an interesting discussion about why Paschall regressed for the Warriors last year:

One of the takeaways is that he does best in P&R and isolation situations. With Draymond and Steph back last year, neither of those two types of plays is prominent for Warriors. Maybe it will be better for Jazz?

Also thought it was interesting just poking around how many pre-draft prognosticators thought of him as a versatile, capable, energetic (if still imperfect) defender. Warriors were excellent on defense last year, so I'm not entirely sure why the defense seems to have stagnated/regressed for him.
They didn’t start out as excellent.

I like this flyer. Especially for the price. Not sure he's better than Brantley, but I will take it. It's also kind of funny having in mind just a few weeks ago he was bugging Mitchell on a live stream asking him "When are you going to get out of Utah?" and now he's traded here :D

I like this flyer. Especially for the price. Not sure he's better than Brantley, but I will take it. It's also kind of funny having in mind just a few weeks ago he was bugging Mitchell on a live stream asking him "When are you going to get out of Utah?" and now he's traded here :D

Lol he’s WAY better than Brantley. He’s actually produced in the NBA and not look lost in a summer league game.

Gay typically misses 10-15 games a year. It will be nice to have someone to step in when he's out, and he gives us another small ball 5 option.

I need to see the actual clip. I think there might be some telephone going on here (I've heard he said he needs to get out more or something to that effect).

In any case, looks like Utah might be the make-or-break stop for Paschall so he better get his *** in line.

Ummm he’s a lot better than Brantley.

Yes, this is the way to look at it. Honestly, I don't know who is more promising. Paschall has played more and showed some skills offensively but nothing that we need defensively. Brantley hasn't played real NBA minutes, but he probably has a better shot to develop the highly valued skillset we need. He's at least active on defense.

This is the 14th (15th?) roster spot so it really doesn't matter so much, but the expectations should be that he's fighting for his career.
We’re going to go from having 9 guys on a good day that could play in an NBA game, to having 14 guys that are NBA caliber (assuming Butler is as advertised and assuming Forrest keeps developing).

I would have liked a guy to defend 2/3 to help Royce, but cant complain too much.

I need to see the actual clip. I think there might be some telephone going on here (I've heard he said he needs to get out more or something to that effect).

In any case, looks like Utah might be the make-or-break stop for Paschall so he better get his *** in line.

I’m 100% sure that if the FO thought DM would bolt the valley, they would trade him for assets.

Letting DM walk with nothing in return would be an unforgivable sin.

But we will have that discussion years from now.

Well, oneye began that discussion like three years ago :D
tenor.gif

Brantley through 2 seasons (37 G): 2.4 PPG, 1.3 RPG, 0.7 APG on 43/36/75 splits in 6 mpg
Paschall through 2 seasons (100 G): 12.2 PPG, 4.0 RPPG, 1.8 APG on 50/30/75 splits in 23 mpg
Brantley has been on a playoff team(no. 1 seed in the NBA one of those years), while Paschall has been playing on a lottery team that got no. 2 pick one of those years. Brantley's advanced numbers are better and the raw numbers per minute/possession are comparable.