What's new

Pat Petterson's First Game

Already a thread on this one Bro. And it should prob. go in the General NBA section.

James Augustine's first game:

"James Augustine, PF, Utah Jazz - Boy oh boy did I like Augustine's game (and semi-fro hair) today. When breaking down the Jazz Summer League roster, I opined that "If Augustine actually asserts himself, he moves up a couple of spots on my invisible ranking system of free agent power forwards - he's got good size, he's athletic and he knows how to play basketball. Unfortunately, he never really seems to put that all together." The 6-foot-10 big man put it together today, though, as he scored 20 points on 9-of-10 shooting while playing just over 21 minutes of action. He also had the highest +/- on the Jazz with +12 while rendering second round pick Jeremy Evans and RU favorite Rod Benson useless on the bench. https://www.ridiculousupside.com/2010/7/6/1554153/nba-orlando-pro-summer-league-2010

"James Augustine will be on an NBA roster next season. If not, the only potential explanation is collusion by the owners to keep him out. His hustle and effort had the gym buzzing. Is it too late to add him back to the Magic roster?" https://howardthedunk.com/2010/07/05/orlando-pro-summer-league-day-1-thoughts-and-tidbits/

Guys, Hayward just had OUTSTANDING summer league. In just 21 mins he was given, he put up 11 points on 63% shooting, 33% on 3s, 93% from the line, plus got 3 boards, blocked shot a game, had 1.5 assists, a steal. Basically had excellent production. Much better than other top pics, like George and Evans, whose shooting % was about half of Haywards. If there is anything to get excited this off-season, is Hayward. So what Patterson had a good game? So did Hayward - and more than one.

Guys, Hayward just had OUTSTANDING summer league. In just 21 mins he was given, he put up 11 points on 63% shooting, 33% on 3s, 93% from the line, plus got 3 boards, blocked shot a game, had 1.5 assists, a steal. Basically had excellent production. Much better than other top pics, like George and Evans, whose shooting % was about half of Haywards. If there is anything to get excited this off-season, is Hayward. So what Patterson had a good game? So did Hayward - and more than one.

Patterson actually filled a Jazz need.

It's one game. Everytime a player the jazz passed up has a good summer league game are we going to make a stupid thread like this showing his stats?

Patterson actually filled a Jazz need.

As what? An underersized backup PF to Milsap? In case you didn't notice, Milsap is probably the second best player on our team now, thus making the power forward position the second to last you worry about.

Patterson looked great but the guy had two rebounds. I was surprised that he had 3 pt range. He needs to show better rebounding ability. I am still happy the Jazz got Hayward even though I was upset initially. Besides when a team lacks talent, like the Jazz, any talented player is welcomed regardless of the team needs.