What's new

Pels at Jazz: The Hot Streak Continues

^ This.

1. Rubio has to go next season, or he comes off the bench. He. Simply. Does. Not. Have. It.

2. Quin must draw up more plays for Favors. He should be our number 3 scoring option. I still feel he is way underutilized. He is only 27 years old. Give him the ball!

3. No criticism allowed for DM (or very little). This is his SECOND YEAR for god’s sake. He is ****ing amazing and we are so, so lucky to have him.
All of this.

Would rep.

^ This.

1. Rubio has to go next season, or he comes off the bench. He. Simply. Does. Not. Have. It.

2. Quin must draw up more plays for Favors. He should be our number 3 scoring option. I still feel he is way underutilized. He is only 27 years old. Give him the ball!

3. No criticism allowed for DM (or very little). This is his SECOND YEAR for god’s sake. He is ****ing amazing and we are so, so lucky to have him.
DM has had some games where he probably deserved criticism, but not today. He passed the ball great and took good shots. They simply didn't go in. He wasn't forcing shots like he has at times.

I completely agree about Favors. He is my second favorite Jazz player after DM. So underrated. He could be a 20/10 guy if he was the focus of the offense, and he should be. He and Mitchell in a PNR next year should be a staple to the offense. Let him shoot the 15 footer from the top of the key more. He was money there 3 years ago before his injury, and they took that away from him and tried to turn him into a 3 point shooter.

favors deserves more touch. him diving to the basketball always produces good result

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Go watch the highlights tell me how Joe Ingles is a good defender. He is getting smoked by Holiday forcing everyone to help pick him up every play.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app
I didn't get to watch the game but I don't think you can call Ingles a bad defender because he can't stay in front of Jrue Holiday. That sounds like an awful matchup for Ingles lol.

Wow the bucks lost to the sun's. The win against the bucks U cant take much from it. Bucks won't do anything in playoffs might lose first round

^ This.

Wonderful post, why we dont go to joe and D in the PnR more ofter is beyond me.

Coach Q should have taken a timeout and draw a Ingles - Fav P&R and manage the clock smartly.
With even a missed shot and 4-5 seconds left and NOP converting two fouls at the line, Utah could have tied it with a three.

Screens are fantastic when there is some time to create something or when you aren't pigeon holed into shooting a three with no dribble. Rudy setting screens in this scenario just brings an extra defender to the area he is screening. They have no reason to pay attention to him. Even a ****** screener who can shoot is preferable because the defense can't just both go to the actual threat.
Quin clearly disagrees

Jrue Holiday is very, very good. If we could of found a way to get him at the deadline, we would be a contender. He made Donovan's life really hard while also terrorizing our defense. Still think he should be the #1 offseason goal if he is made available.

Cy always says Rubio makes our offense run better (+2 per 100 I think), but sometimes he just seems to hold Donovan back. I get this feeling Donovan's mindset goes passive when a play is run for Rubio but sometimes DM is forced to save failed plays late in the clock. It's like receiver A running a route when the play is designed for receiver B. Many times, receiver A slacks on his route even though the QB is forced to throw it his way.

And Randle is really good. Has that bulldog mindset I think our fan base would devour.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Can Ricky turn this around? I just hope he doesnt turn into our Carmelo during playoff time this time around. His shooting is just so bad.

Say what? Ricky passes the ball at every opportunity! He has more assists in a single game that Crymellow has in a whole month! Plus, I suspect he's a better shooter that Crymellow is anyway!