What's new

Pick or trade

oldtimer

Since the jazz are too good to tank this year (which has sure been fun to watch) we are likely to pick outside the top 10. I'm not sure I am overly excited at any prospect outside of 10. If you could trade a pick and maybe even a package of picks and players to go get someone good would you.

I was kinda hoping to trade this pick, okc's pick, 3 second round picks and trey burke (which i hate to do because i like him and he started turning it around at the end of the season) for bledsoe or some other excellent point guard.

I think we are in the picking sweet spot for our FO.

They don't have to worry about hype, but can look over the carnage of draft day and take a good player that was over looked, or a "project" that our coaches seem to do a magnificent job of working with.

I personally think our coaches turn 3 year projects into 1/2 - 1 year payoffs.

I would be surprised if we kept the pick. Do we really need another 20ish year old on this roster. The Jazz surprised even DL in their development and it's time to bring in a FA. We are weak at pg, back up center, and we could always use skilled depth. I think it's time to cash in all the chips we've been accumulating and bring in a good solid player.

Offer our pick, Burke and any combo second rounders, another first or take back a bad contract to sactown and draft the best wing still on the board.

Sactown would get their pick of Lyle, portis or kaminsky to pair with cousins.

Jazz move Burks to back up exum draft hezonja. Offer a couple future lottery protected first to gsw for Barnes.

Exum, Burke, cotton
Hayward, hood, millsap
Barnes, hezonja, johnson
Favors, booker, teletovic
Gobert, tomic, cooley

Not only a playoff team but a team that will give other teams fits

My first choice would be to move up and take a better prospect. We need backups right now and a top ten pick can likely fill that role now while developing for a bigger one later. We can fill out the rest of our bench in free agency.

Not sure I see someone I'd want to trade the pick for that I think is available. I don't think we should trade the pick for a backup veteran. We could get a starting PG and move dante to the bench but I'm not sure if long term that is a great idea.

I would be surprised if we kept the pick. Do we really need another 20ish year old on this roster. The Jazz surprised even DL in their development and it's time to bring in a FA. We are weak at pg, back up center, and we could always use skilled depth. I think it's time to cash in all the chips we've been accumulating and bring in a good solid player.
Yeah but who? Looking around the league it's not easy to see which star a team is willing to give up for that package.

If we don't like the pick where we're getting chances are the other teams aren't gonna be thrilled neither.

They'll trade down, draft and stash the best Euro they can get-If no one decent slips to us