What's new

Play Elijah Hughes More

Wouldn't be surprised if they pick up House for the rest of the year. He just seems like a good piece to have just in case. Come playoff time, we can't plan on being at full health and a having a guy like House in the wings in case of an injury could make a serious difference when it comes down to it. Look at the clippers last year. They just had so many guys who could step up all the way down their roster they were still very competitive even after a major injury. We didn't have that--we were 9 deep (but our 8th and 9th guys, Naing and Favors, ended up not being good enough to be on the floor in the second round) and once Conly went down and Mitchell was injured we didn't have anyone else capable of contributing. I really want the jazz to have a few guys, even if they aren't getting a lot of rotation minutes, in the wings who can play in the post season. House is perfect for that.

I can see that. Dok is just super out of shape though and extremely slow, so I kind of give him a pass as he clearly has no ability to move laterally quickly.. Paschall is quick, explosive, wide body with long arms. He has a rebounders body and athletic ability.
Will he ever be in shape is the question. The dude looked fat even before he got here and 270lbs was his weight in combine so who knows how much he weigh now. Of course he's recovering from a few nasty injuries but that is largely due to his inability to control his weight. Then he got sidelined for those injuries, making it even more difficult for him to stay in shape. It's a vicious cycle.

Will he ever be in shape is the question. The dude looked fat even before he got here and 270lbs was his weight in combine so who knows how much he weigh now. Of course he's recovering from a few nasty injuries but that is largely due to his inability to control his weight. Then he got sidelined for those injuries, making it even more difficult for him to stay in shape. It's a vicious cycle.
I'm pretty out on Dok. I dont think he has the extreme drive that is required for a guy his size/skillset to be successful like a Gobert.

He look winded in Summer League when he was "healthy".

Wouldn't be surprised if they pick up House for the rest of the year. He just seems like a good piece to have just in case. Come playoff time, we can't plan on being at full health and a having a guy like House in the wings in case of an injury could make a serious difference when it comes down to it. Look at the clippers last year. They just had so many guys who could step up all the way down their roster they were still very competitive even after a major injury. We didn't have that--we were 9 deep (but our 8th and 9th guys, Naing and Favors, ended up not being good enough to be on the floor in the second round) and once Conly went down and Mitchell was injured we didn't have anyone else capable of contributing. I really want the jazz to have a few guys, even if they aren't getting a lot of rotation minutes, in the wings who can play in the post season. House is perfect for that.
Now we can give Quin all the blame if he again refuse to put out a small ball lineup when needed since he showed us that we are fully capable in the last couple of games

He look winded in Summer League when he was "healthy".
He also had a major injury setback that I'm sure contributed to him dropping out of shape, then another injury this year.

I was never high on him, but know the impact injuries have on athletes. He is a fringe nba player, and I suspect his ankles will cause him issues over and over keeping him from every realizing his top potential and playing shape.

Dok has absolutely no recovery skills like he’s standing in a foot of mud probably the worst draft pick in jazz history. I bet management would like to take back the statement that he was #2 on their draft board. Hard to fathom how they were so right on Gobert and so off on Dok

Dok has absolutely no recovery skills like he’s standing in a foot of mud probably the worst draft pick in jazz history. I bet management would like to take back the statement that he was #2 on their draft board. Hard to fathom how they were so right on Gobert and so off on Dok
At least the surviving members of the FO have tried to put it out there that it was “he” and not “they.”

One thing on Paschall. Watch his YouTube highlights of his game against Toronto then watch some of his GS highlights, very similar. He hasn’t played that type of slashing midrange game, even when he was getting minutes, seemed mostly good things happened when he drove into the paint, finished quite well, wasn’t perfect, but looked good doing it.

I would love to see more of Paschall and I think he has earned that right. Beyond that I am glad that most coaches don't use a 1 game sample size in how they evaluate talent.

Yeah, recently they’ve been trying to insinuate it was all DL. Whether that’s true or not I don’t know, but that’s what they’re intimating.
Hey when I left my last job I told everyone there to blame everything on me for the next 90 days. I did the same thing at my new job, everything is the fault of the guy that just left.