What's new

Players only meeting.

About the answer I expected. You know I'm right so you get mad and attack.

I'm genuinely asking.

What is one game protest going to change? Anybody that's not an emtiomal **** want to tell me? I say absolutely nothing but I'd like to hear how one game away fixes police brutality.
In one post you tell me they could not have organized the polling center overnight and in another post you demand to know the results of this one day (currently) protest.

What is dumping one ship of tea into the harbor going to change... really?

What is one person refusing to move to the back of the bus gonna do... seriously?

What is one guy kneeling gonna do... so dumb!

Lopo likes this post then tries to get mad at people calling him racist. Too perfect.

Okay Cy. Now I'm racist because I liked somebody's sarcastic post that the one game "strike" really did so much to change the world?

Stop calling people names Cy. I'm not racist, and I sleep great at night with that knowledge. Not a single person I have met in my life would call me racist. Oh wait, there is this keyboard warrior, name-calling CYber bully.....

Go yell at kids on Call of Duty or something.

Y'all are too childish. It a wonder why there's so many riots and innocent people getting their livilyhoods burned. Children.

I'm done with your radical blood thirsty agenda though. Can't even have an adult conversation.

Peace for all.
Yes looking at your post history in this thread clearly you are just trying to have a rational adult conversation. Not arguing in bad faith at all. No sir.

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.history.com%2F.image%2FMTU3ODc4Njg0NTg5ODkyOTM3%2Ftiananmen_square_tank-gettyimages-517198274.jpg

The tanks got where they were going in the end. What was the point?

you should definitely be done. Contact Jason to have your accounted deleted.
Lol or like an adult you can put me on ignore like your emotional *** had the last 32 times.

All because I asked a sincere question you couldn't answer lol. Grow up, quit rioting.

Now now lads , everyone wants the same things in the end

so end of discussion let's talk basketball instead of politics
I guess you didn’t notice the title and subject of the thread you were browsing and posting in?

I believe the Police want to be the do-gooders/heroes in society, but.....there's something wrong when you are bringing the hammer down all the time. Why threaten to shoot someone, if they are not in the middle of violence? Why are they freaking out? Are they conditioned to think that only in black neighbors does violence occur? Or maybe they need a lot of training. Maybe they spend the majority of the time in front of minorities and if they spent their time in white neighborhoods they would be bringing the hammer down there too. I don't know, I am just asking. Maybe its the culture? Show eveyone who is boss? Dude what about the constitution, it should be more important than their jobs or quotas.....

You right... they should go take forceful action and burn ****. What exactly do you want here? You mock the peaceful protest but lament the riots. One question... what would you want them to do?
Put their resources into stopping these actions before they happen. Let's talk about the rap sheets on the guy that sexually assaulted a minor and the career drug addict. These are the problems that need to be addressed as well. You get inner cities off of drugs, get them out of gangs, get them out of the true systemic system you just watch arrest drop dramatically. Watch police brutality do the same.

Now you tell me, what has kneeling and a one game haitus changed? Me asking that question is not mocking anybody it's mocking the fact that Kaep kneeled nothing changed, players take a day off, and I think the same thing will happen once emotions die down.

Put their resources into stopping these actions before they happen. Let's talk about the rap sheets on the guy that sexually assaulted a minor and the career drug addict. These are the problems that need to be addressed as well. You get inner cities off of drugs, get them out of gangs, get them out of the true systemic system you just watch arrest drop dramatically. Watch police brutality do the same.

Now you tell me, what has kneeling and a one game haitus changed? Me asking that question is not mocking anybody it's mocking the fact that Kaep kneeled nothing changed, players take a day off, and I think the same thing will happen once emotions die down.
They have put their resources into all sorts of youth programs and schools and other "preventative" measures. Even "bad guy" Boogie Cousins did a ton for the youth in this area and facilitated all sorts of conversations with police and youth in Alabama. Did that work? If not should they quit doing that?

Its a snowball... Kaep helped start things... the players sitting out yesterday had an impact. They are telling the owners they need more help... I'm going to guess all 30 owners made important calls yesterday... now owners in other sports leagues are doing the same. Maybe it amounts to nothing... but they tried and the cost was almost nothing.

Okay Cy. Now I'm racist because I liked somebody's sarcastic post that the one game "strike" really did so much to change the world?

Stop calling people names Cy. I'm not racist, and I sleep great at night with that knowledge. Not a single person I have met in my life would call me racist. Oh wait, there is this keyboard warrior, name-calling CYber bully.....

Go yell at kids on Call of Duty or something.
You mad, bro?

While I agree your ideas sound great, athletes already do a TON of those things and don't get any credit for it. For example, players in California pay just shy of 50% of their income in taxes. The highest non-entertainers pays about 30% effective tax rate. That means they are taxed much higher than any other employee in the country, and double what the owners of the NBA teams are taxed. They pay more into police training, education, etc than any of us do. To ask them to do more, when we won't, is very disingenuous and not fair to them at all.

I can see their point. Why should they do more when the people who can actually change things, the people who have influence in the communities (the owners), do not do more as well. The Millers have had laws changed for their economical benefit time and time again. They have had businesses that they compete with shut down to make their lives easier through legislation.

Why don't the Millers (and other owners) use their influence for change? And if they won't, why are they playing for them?

So the 300 million dollar investment the league and it's owners made towards black communities and entrepreneurship is doing nothing? Interesting.