What's new

Playing with purpose

franklin

Gordon Hayward - obviously not taking losing easy. Kid is ballin', and took a new step tonight by showing how pissed he is at losing 8 straight. I loved his post game interview, Corbin has clearly instilled some fire into him and his (Gordon's) team.

Burks - still does some of the stuff that gets under my skin bad, but DAMN! that kid does some thing so well this season. Rebounding his own miss was critical - how high did he jump on that? - and then to have the awareness to back it out??? He made plenty of great passes during the critical stretches as well. #IMPROVEMENT As a side, I would have loved to see him finishing out as a reward but also I loved Corbin's athletic lineup to finish the game.

Corbin - Going athletic and away from The Locust in clutch was HUGE. I also saw improvements in Kanter-Favors playing the high low when the low post was being fronted. Ended in a questionable TO but what the hell ever, it was well played.

Marvin and the bench - I can't state enough how happy I was to see the collection going nothing less than ape **** over the run. Marvin is a vet and no fool. I have no doubt a returning injured vet was playing up the chest bump and fan wave tonight to help get this one over the hump.

Plenty more to say, tonight might be an inflection point in the confidence these young guys are severely lacking. Hayward's don't feel sorry for ourselves post game was spot on.

I may get some opposition for saying this but, Hayward is the best player in this team and I don't agree on that "he should be the third option at best" crap. The kid is amongst the most versatile players in the league and will most definitely get better with the time. He is an "ideal second option" on a contender to me.

I like that kind of versatile players and would always want one in my team, especially if they also have decent defensive skills like Hayward does have.

I may get some opposition for saying this but, Hayward is the best player in this team and I don't agree on that "he should be the third option at best" crap. The kid is amongst the most versatile players in the league and will most definitely get better with the time. He is an "ideal second option" on a contender to me.

I like that kind of versatile players and would always want one in my team, especially if they also have decent defensive skills like Hayward does have.

Yup. I've said so many times myself. People have come to a conclusion on Hayward by his third year, and refuse to understand that he continues to grow.

I mean for ****-sake he just got 10 assists. How many SG/SFs will make that claim this season? Particularly on a squad as offensively depleted as this one?

The entire league is (rightfully) in love with him, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him represent America in the Olympics one day. Underrated player. Hayward has potential as a very good second option, and he's showing that right now. His handle is a slightly too-loose for consistent, reliable first-option workloads, but I'm very open to the fact that he might grow into this role. Who knows. Love watching his progression, that's for sure

Yup. I've said so many times myself. People have come to a conclusion on Hayward by his third year, and refuse to understand that he continues to grow.
Speaking of growing, tonight Hayward's scoring average passed the 20 ppg mark.

As near as I can tell, the last time the Jazz had a 20 ppg scorer was Deron in 2010-11.

There is no such thing as clutch therefore your entire premise is faulty.

If he can keep this up all season, I'll be sold on him as a second option, too. I was hoping we wouldn't have to pay him the max, but if he proves to be worth it, then awesome.

If he can keep this up all season, I'll be sold on him as a second option, too. I was hoping we wouldn't have to pay him the max, but if he proves to be worth it, then awesome.

27 points is first option stuff. As far as having ball in hand on this team Hayward is the #1 option, and if he continues to play like he did tonight he's easily the #1 option on our team, and by the way Hayward shot 14 ft's making 12. And I don't want to hear that he sucked in the first half. I saw Malone suck plenty in the 1st only to kill in the 2end.

On a side note this D-league kid played great, not being familiar with his teammates and being here for less then 24 hours. He was incredibly poised, and seemed to know where his teammates would be on the floor as he delivered some great passes setting guys up. Perfect example was late in the game when he was trapped in the corner, and he calmly found Favors leading him to the paint for a layup.

27 points is first option stuff. As far as having ball in hand on this team Hayward is the #1 option, and if he continues to play like he did tonight he's easily the #1 option on our team, and by the way Hayward shot 14 ft's making 12. And I don't want to hear that he sucked in the first half. I saw Malone suck plenty in the 1st only to kill in the 2end.

On a side note this D-league kid played great, not being familiar with his teammates and being here for less then 24 hours. He was incredibly poised, and seemed to know where his teammates would be on the floor as he delivered some great passes setting guys up. Perfect example was late in the game when he was trapped in the corner, and he calmly found Favors leading him to the paint for a layup.

I'm pretty sure I've seen him on ST trolling SA fans. Everyone says tbh on that site for some reason.

tbh isn't some phenomenon that started on Spurstalk lol.

Its all over twitter, Instagram, facebook

****'s probly on Myspace too tbh.

tbh I have no idea what's going on here.

I'm pretty sure I've seen him on ST trolling SA fans. Everyone says tbh on that site for some reason.

Like UGLI said, it's definitely one of those pervasive things-- we all say "doe" here on Jazzfanz (probably because CJ Miles always said it), but it doesn't necessarily mean it's a 'Jazzfanz' thing.

I usually just say tbh when I'm goofin around-- wouldn't attribute it to readin it on spurstalk, and bringing it over. Lots of other posters said it here before I did.

But you're right: I do post and troll on SpursTalk sometimes :)

Gordon Hayward - obviously not taking losing easy. Kid is ballin', and took a new step tonight by showing how pissed he is at losing 8 straight. I loved his post game interview, Corbin has clearly instilled some fire into him and his (Gordon's) team.

Burks - still does some of the stuff that gets under my skin bad, but DAMN! that kid does some thing so well this season. Rebounding his own miss was critical - how high did he jump on that? - and then to have the awareness to back it out??? He made plenty of great passes during the critical stretches as well. #IMPROVEMENT As a side, I would have loved to see him finishing out as a reward but also I loved Corbin's athletic lineup to finish the game.

Corbin - Going athletic and away from The Locust in clutch was HUGE. I also saw improvements in Kanter-Favors playing the high low when the low post was being fronted. Ended in a questionable TO but what the hell ever, it was well played.

Marvin and the bench - I can't state enough how happy I was to see the collection going nothing less than ape **** over the run. Marvin is a vet and no fool. I have no doubt a returning injured vet was playing up the chest bump and fan wave tonight to help get this one over the hump.

Plenty more to say, tonight might be an inflection point in the confidence these young guys are severely lacking. Hayward's don't feel sorry for ourselves post game was spot on.

Great post. Link to Hayward's post game?