What's new

Please read this! SLC Dunk- Black Lives Matter

Yeah no. Racism bad? Duh. No one is suggesting racism doesn't need to be fought, but its certainly not the issue you make it out to be in 2020.

That's a very white person thing to think.

Police and crime statistics don't match your worldview pal.

Except, they do, and it's been researched pretty extensively.

Well maybe in your warped mind the needs to defeat the white supremacist power hierarchy.

When my mind warps, white supremacy is seldom involved.

I get you are scared by not being in the boss group anymore.

Racist tendencies" would be close to 95%.
Yeah, you world view is ****ed dude. I feel sorry who see's everyone around them in that manner. I couldn't imagine having a conversation with you in person knowing every time I speak to you and try to have a normal conversation with you, all that is running in your head at the time is the racial dynamics of it and how your going to try and dominate the conversation and fit me below you on the power hierarchy. Good times.

Let's see the studies then. I'd prefer them to not be created by indoctrinated woke social scientists though. Thnx in advanced bb.

How will you identify which which studies are by "woke social scientists"? Why do you think being "woke" is a bad thing for a scientist to be? Should they be "sleepy" social scientists?

Yeah, you world view is ****ed dude.

The world is a terrible place.

I feel sorry who see's everyone around them in that manner.

I don't care about the pity of the "sleepy".

I couldn't imagine having a conversation with you in person knowing every time I speak to you and try to have a normal conversation with you, all that is running in your head at the time is the racial dynamics of it and how your going to try and dominate the conversation and fit me below you on the power hierarchy. Good times.

That's a pretty strange internal life you have going on.

That's a pretty strange internal life you have going on.
No this is about your warped world view. I'm a good person who doesn't treat everyone like a racist and where I place them on a ******** power hierarchy.

No one has a perfect view of the world. That's why I trust the science to tell me what it like more than wing-nut welfare recipients who tell me what I want to hear.
Yeah we already discussed this. The statistics and police killings don't match with what you're preaching. Yes he's only just a wing-nut welfare recipient, way to be dismissive of anything he says. Such a good person you are.

No this is about your warped world view. I'm a good person who doesn't treat everyone like a racist and where I place them on a ******** power hierarchy.

What does "treat everyone like a racist" mean? When did I have any ability to place anyone on a "power hierarchy"?

It feels like you're spewing out buzzwords you haven't really thought about.

What does "treat everyone like a racist" mean? When did I have any ability to place anyone on a "power hierarchy"?

It feels like you're spewing out buzzwords you haven't really thought about.
Don't be daft. In response to this:
"There are over 330 million people in the United States. Let's say 5% have racist tendencies...that's about 16.5 million people."
You purport "Racist tendencies" would be close to 95%."
Are you not implying 95% of the population has a racist disposition? Pretty ****ing racist dude.

I've seen you discuss the "Power Hierarchy" several times in the past, you know exactly what I mean.

Also what did you imply by this?
I get you are scared by not being in the boss group anymore.
Hmmm, gee I wonder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you asking if I whine and make inappropriate comparisons between phenomena, like the author of that article? No, I usually try to avoid that. You do you.

WOW you sure read that fast, impressive.

First, antifa are not in an organized group with organized goals. As Snopes recently put it, all they really have in common as a group is opposing fascism, usually by opposing state violence and discrimination.

Many are aggressive, and they to not swear to non-violence. However, almost always when there is violence, antifa are acting as a responder or protector, not an instigator.
Yeah I'm going to need a fact check on this. There's plenty of evidence including video to the contrary.

Don't be daft. In response to this:
"There are over 330 million people in the United States. Let's say 5% have racist tendencies...that's about 16.5 million people."
You purport "Racist tendencies" would be close to 95%."
Are you not implying 95% of the population has a racist disposition? Pretty ****ing racist dude.

1) If anything, 95% would be low.
2)"tendencies" =/= "disposition".
3) If I'm saying something is true of everyone, how does that become racist, in your mind?

That said, light-skin preference stretches across the entire cultural landscape of the US (and many other countries).

I've seen you discuss the "Power Hierarchy" several times in the past, you know exactly what I mean.

Sure, but how can I place anyone in the heirarchy? I mean, I can approximately identify where people rank; that's something everyone does based not only on skin color, but also gender, height, age, vocal timbre, symmetry, and at least a dozen other attributes; it's something we do automatically in every social interaction. But I don't place people anywhere.

Also what did you imply by this?

I implied that I understood your place in the hierarchy and I understood why you would not want to lose it.

WOW you sure read that fast, impressive.

Don't recall where, but I've seen that link before. I doubt it changed much over a week or two.

Yeah I'm going to need a fact check on this. There's plenty of evidence including video to the contrary.

You weren't very specific on what you have seen the contrary to. If is was "However, almost always when there is violence, antifa are acting as a responder or protector, not an instigator.", the very inclusion of "almost" means there will be the occasional exception. So, I'm sure there is video evidence of some antifa attacking unprovoked. There is also a lot of video evidence claiming antifa attacked unprovoked, but then more extensive footage, more detailed information, or a different angle shows provocation.

I don't think antifa are angels, though. They're kids (or young adults) who accept using violence as tool, and that means that sometimes they'll go too far.

Where to begin? It's apparent that there's a lot of people that don't understand "black lives matter". So many take the defensive "all lives matter" statement. Of course all lives matter, that belief doesn't have to contradic the "black lives matter" movement. It's not about choosing one or the other. It's about understanding what black lives matter is all about.
When your white its easy to not understand the BLM movement . It's easy to state All Lives Matter and think that your doing no harm to BLM because your obviously in support of All lives Matter, and how can anyone think that the statement "all lives matter" is offensive?
Here's what many don't understand about BLM. If your white, your life has always mattered. Its easy to state all lives matter, because your life always has and it has to be about you. Understand that our black community isn only asking for their lives to matter in the same way that yours has since day one.
Supporting black lives matter isn't saying that you believe that all lives don't matter. Its saying that you support that their life means as much as yours always has.
BLM movement is something that doesn't deserve controversy if white people would take the time to understand it.

Where to begin? It's apparent that there's a lot of people that don't understand "black lives matter". So many take the defensive "all lives matter" statement. Of course all lives matter, that belief doesn't have to contradic the "black lives matter" movement. It's not about choosing one or the other. It's about understanding what black lives matter is all about.
When your white its easy to not understand the BLM movement . It's easy to state All Lives Matter and think that your doing no harm to BLM because your obviously in support of All lives Matter, and how can anyone think that the statement "all lives matter" is offensive?
Here's what many don't understand about BLM. If your white, your life has always mattered. Its easy to state all lives matter, because your life always has and it has to be about you. Understand that our black community isn only asking for their lives to matter in the same way that yours has since day one.
Supporting black lives matter isn't saying that you believe that all lives don't matter. Its saying that you support that their life means as much as yours always has.
BLM movement is something that doesn't deserve controversy if white people would take the time to understand it.

So let's do an experiment.

If one type of people in one year is killed 19 times in total but another type of people is killed only 9 times in that same span under similar circumstances, which one deserves more attention for "not mattering"?