What's new

Pleiss Traded to Philly!!!

Stoked

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
WOJ just tweeted that Pleiss, cash and 2 2nd rounders was traded to Philly for guard Kendal Marshall.

Bam!!! Someone link the tweet!

Update: WOJ just tweeted that the Jazz plan on waiving Kendall Marshall as his contract is non guaranteed for another week.

I can't link the tweets, help?

Last edited:
Meh. Cutting him would have been better for the "fans". We are going to just cut Kendal so this move is basically the Jazz giving away two picks to get rid of Tibor. Not good.

Meh. Cutting him would have been better for the "fans". We are going to just cut Kendal so this move is basically the Jazz giving away two picks to get rid of Tibor. Not good.

Eh, 2nd rounders are minimal value and this gets the Jazz out of Pleiss's contract. What does Marshall's contract look like?

Sweet. Marshall's dad is another Rhonda Burke. Tweet bashed Philly not to long ago. Some minor entertainment value there possibly.

Eh, 2nd rounders are minimal value and this gets the Jazz out of Pleiss's contract. What does Marshall's contract look like?

They have more value then just cutting him and eating the lost!

This was not a "basketball" trade.

$2.05 Mil this year, $1.95 Mil next year, $1.85 Mil the 3rd year.

We dumping Neto?

I updated the OP, Marshall is non guaranteed for a another week or so and looks like we are waiving him. Pleiss is 3 mill guaranteed this season.

They have more value then just cutting him and eating the lost!

This was not a "basketball" trade.

Perhaps but Jazz can easily afford this. Still have a half dozen 2nd rounders the next 2-3 years and under salary cap still.

The Jazz are planning to waive Marshall.

This is a pretty high price for dumping a small contract and it can mean only one thing - the Jazz are not done with moves/contract negotiations this off-season. They didn't need to get rid off Pleiss and pay such a high price unless they needed those $$. My assumption is that the money will be used to renegotiate and extend either Favors or Hill(or maybe Both?!).

The Jazz are planning to waive Marshall.

This is a pretty high price for dumping a small contract and it can mean only one thing - the Jazz are not done with moves/contract negotiations this off-season. They didn't need to get rid off Pleiss and pay such a high price unless they needed those $$. My assumption is that the money will be used to renegotiate and extend either Favors or Hill(or maybe Both?!).

This would make much more sense.

I hate Kendall Marshall, ugh. Waive him and extend someone.

So I don't really get into the details of contracts and all that, but couldn't they have just bought out Pleiss? Why trade a player, plus picks, plus money for essentially nothing? We had to pay Philly to take Pleiss?

I'm very confused. I'm gonna go get my morning coffee now.

So I don't really get into the details of contracts and all that, but couldn't they have just bought out Pleiss? Why trade a player, plus picks, plus money for essentially nothing? We had to pay Philly to take Pleiss?

Because they are being cheap. Thats the only reason.

Because they are being cheap. Thats the only reason.

Or getting ready to extend Favors and/or Hill. They might need the extra room.

As for the cash, Jazz just got cash as reported in the pick swap where we got Bolomboy. So really the nets paid for Philly to take Pleiss lol.

If I had to guess - they are planning to use that money(cap-wise) to renegotiate and extend one or both of Favors and Hill.