What's new

Point Guard of the Future Poll

Who do you want to be our point guard of the future? (Name them in the comments)

• Someone from this or next year's draft.

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Free agent from this year or next year.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • We already have them on the roster.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Someone we would have to trade for

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Don't Care / Point Guard Position is not important

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
If we use Sexton, then I want Ausar even more to pair with him. We need better perimeter defense, scoring, and facilitating. I don’t see any free agent as either impactful enough or worth the cap space. Overall, think we need to draft one of Scoot, Ausar, Wallace, or Black and also a shooter that can create his own shot and at least be average on defense too.

I definitely wouldn't waste resources drafting a point guard. Resources should be used to find and develop wings and forwards with point guard skills. I think who is currently on the roster is fine. If THT continues to develop and becomes a better shooter who isn't so erratic were good. Sexton would be great as a sixth man.

Watching to see if we can steal Ayo from the Bulls. Having another Scoring guard that can pass and run any unit of vets, but is also not a true floor general on paper- seems cheaper to attain.

I’m on that island a few of you staked out. We’re fine at PG (unless a promising player falls to 16 or 28).

I’m inclined to use our picks, at least the 9th pick, on length.

I’m wondering if Whitmore or Walker doesn’t fall to 9, maybe they should select GG there. Or Ausur maybe.

I will be on an island here by myself I’m sure but I’m good with rolling with Sexton. He was essentially 17/5/2 on 54/38/82 shooting splits as a starter this year.
I like the idea of Sexton as a sixth man playing 30 minutes while someone like Dunn starts and plays ~20.