What's new

POLL: Less than 2 days left, what do you think will happen?

Less than 2 days left, what do you think will happen?

• Nothing will happen

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • Something will happen

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters
My gut says Hood is traded for a 1st round pick and/or a young player and nothing else happens except maybe a JJ buyout. O'neale gets a bump in playing time with Hood gone, the playoff bus keeps rolling.

My feeling is that teams are asking for way too much and that Dennis Lindsey feels emboldened by the recent success and rightfully enamored with our curreny financial position.

The Jazz will sell if we get what we are asking for. Last time it was Lyles for the 13th pick. We all know how that turned out. I don't see a lot of teams giving up picks or young players for a rental. Most teams are offering bad contracts and sour nipples for expiring contracts. No thanks. The Lakers don't want to include a young player to get rid of deng. The hawks and many like them won't give up picks. So, the main trades are expiring for bad contracts and assets, but the assets aren't really there.

Things will be more attractive in July.

Unless Lindsey can get a 1st, there's really no sense in making a deal. 2nd's are pretty much worthless. And cap space is far more valuable than simply getting more depth. Jazz have plenty of mid-level talent to throw into the rotation. Why not see who becomes available this summer? If DL needs more cap space, he can always give up a future pick to offload Burks. And you never know, maybe Favors or Hood don't get big offers and one or both decide to return.

Ron it's pretty easy Rubashov and i are the sensible ones, from Melbourne. Where the good players come from.

the others are from godforsaken places like Sydney and even worse Adelaide, you can safely ignore them.

Hey hey you can put me in the Melbourne category too, sir. :)

Best city in the world y'all!

The other Australians. I can't tell the difference between all y'all.
Ron it's pretty easy Rubashov and i are the sensible ones, from Melbourne. Where the good players come from.

the others are from godforsaken places like Sydney and even worse Adelaide, you can safely ignore them.
Hey hey you can put me in the Melbourne category too, sir. :)

Best city in the world y'all!

the variety of cuisine is to die for. Starting to get a little too big tho