Votes: 30 50.8%
  • No, keep him in the starting lineup and see if he turns it around

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Bear with him and be hopeful that he turns it around next season

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Play him but actively pursue moving him behind the scene

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
detroit now desperately needs a PG. let's see if we can get Conley over to them for a couple of picks in return

They traded both Favors and Crowder, two guys who wanted to be here, to get Mike who didn't want to be here. And let go Ricky, who also wanted to be here. Udoh also was let go. All four liked it here and wanted to be here, and we could use all four of them too -- I was advocating for Ricky off the bench last year, a role in which he could've been very useful in a number of games where we lost because of big runs by the opponents.

Instead, we get a guy who is supposed to be a big piece who is not only playing like crap but destroying the great chemistry the team had last year. The Front Office is definitely to blame, and maybe Quin too if he supported it. They need to own up and bench Mike to acknowledge their mistake. And I think "Mistake Mike" is a great nickname we can use to voice our displeasure.

I’ll take the credit for “Mistake Mike”. I still honestly hope The jazz can find some value in him, but I think it’s obvious he should be coming off the bench and the jazz are reluctant to do that for some reason. I thought getting him was a huge mistake 6 months ago, so my hopes aren’t high that he’ll be much different the rest of the year or in the playoffs. Looks like we’re kicking the can into 2021.

I've seen enough. It's not that he's a bad player, it's just that he doesn't seem to be a great fit and he hasn't really improved the team at all in the way we thought he would. Not sure if we can move him in the offseason but by the trade deadline someone might be willing to trade for him because of his expiring contract.

I'm afraid we have what we have. I just don't see the FO admitting to that big a mistake and trying to move him. We will likely have him for both years and best case scenario just let him walk after that.

The nice thing is regardless of whether he's a fit here, Conley is actually playing pretty well on offense: 44.9% FG% during February and 43.8% from three.

4.5 assists to 1.6 turnovers during the same span.

If he can improve his defense and continue his offensive numbers the blame should be cast elsewhere.

I'm afraid we have what we have. I just don't see the FO admitting to that big a mistake and trying to move him. We will likely have him for both years and best case scenario just let him walk after that.
This. there would be a market for him this summer if we wanted to pivot... but our front office wouldn't even let Quin bring him off the bench... you think they gonna swallow their pride and trade him for 25-50% of what they bought him for? No damn way.

The nice thing is regardless of whether he's a fit here, Conley is actually playing pretty well on offense: 44.9% FG% during February and 43.8% from three.

4.5 assists to 1.6 turnovers during the same span.

If he can improve his defense and continue his offensive numbers the blame should be cast elsewhere.

He has played better and I do think he makes us better overall... if we used him off the bench and we didn't lose Joe in the process we'd be that much better. I do think he gives us something in the playoffs when you need more high level creation... specifically I think he can get looks in iso when Rockets switch and go small... that way DM doesn't have to do it all.

The team just hasn't looked connected very much this season... on either side of the court.

He has played better and I do think he makes us better overall... if we used him off the bench and we didn't lose Joe in the process we'd be that much better. I do think he gives us something in the playoffs when you need more high level creation... specifically I think he can get looks in iso when Rockets switch and go small... that way DM doesn't have to do it all.

The team just hasn't looked connected very much this season... on either side of the court.
I don't think he does much for creating tbh. More often than not he passed because he got stuck, not out of any plan to get an open shot.

I don't think he does much for creating tbh. More often than not he passed because he got stuck, not out of any plan to get an open shot.
I think he can still create a decent look for himself... he does get stuck at times... his passing this year has been one of the bigger disappointments. I just think when a team kinda forces you into isos like Houston does that he can get some decent looks that Joe and Bojan can't. That way it won't all be DM in those situations. Of course we do have Jordan effing Clarkson who seems to be able and willing to get his shot off at any damn time he wants.

We should be using these last 20 games to let the real starters get back into a groove - especially Joe - and letting Don get through his turnover issues. Conley should be figuring out how to play with the bench and be effective with Jordan, Tony, etc. Instead we are riding with "multi-million dollar mistake Mike" so that Jazz fans can see that he is "improving" with the starters without mentioning that we are playing crap teams that we should be blowing out.

The lack of chemistry has been really troublesome. It also appears like Mitchell plays better with the ball in his hands. That's not Conley or Rubio's fault though a guy like Hill (OK - a player similar to Hill as hill is a fragile asshat) or Beverley is what we should be looking for to compliment Mitchell's game.

Add a nasty stretch-4 who can play some defense and isn't a total tweener and we'd be in business, though with Conley playing so much better, the opposition will likely give him some attention which will help open things up for the other guys.

Maybe the FO will treat the playoffs as an ultimate test for Mike on this team. He has been getting better individually recently although it still doesn't seem to elevate that team to another level. If it clearly doesn't work during the playoffs I hope that they will have balls to admit the mistake and move from him as soon as possible.

Maybe the FO will treat the playoffs as an ultimate test for Mike on this team. He has been getting better individually recently although it still doesn't seem to elevate that team to another level. If it clearly doesn't work during the playoffs I hope that they will have balls to admit the mistake and move from him as soon as possible.
I'm really curious to see how many parts change out this offseason. I'm not sure they will have enough faith in the G league guys to assume they can be rotation pieces next year... wonder if we see some vets come in on the bench.

I'm afraid they will treat any success in the playoffs as validation for sticking with what they have. I think we'd have to compete flame out, like drop to the 7th seed and get swept, for them to see it as an impetus for change.

I will give DLJZ a full pardon for the Conley deal if they sign Christian Wood this offseason.

I will give DLJZ a full pardon for the Conley deal if they sign Christian Wood this offseason.
we'd certainly try if KOC was still in charge. could you imagine us spending that money on some "unproven" players like booz or Okur back in 2004 if DL was in charge? he'd probably burn multiple draft picks and get us a two-year rental of 2004 version Alonzo Mourning and Antoine Walker

we'd certainly try if KOC was still in charge. could you imagine us spending that money on some "unproven" players like booz or Okur back in 2004 if DL was in charge? he'd probably burn multiple draft picks and get us a two-year rental of 2004 version Alonzo Mourning and Antoine Walker

Why get a two year rental? Those draft picks come every year. You can burn through them and skip steps every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk