Poor Jazz Roster Construction

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by SuperHooper, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    We've got three players who are good to great at creating their own shots and creating for others. I don't think it will be a tall task to keep one of them on the floor basically at all times.

One Brow and Jingled like this.
  2. LifeOnaPlate

LifeOnaPlate Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Reported. Homophobic garbage.

NUMBERICA and One Brow like this.
  3. Jazz

Jazz Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2018
    No i don't really help the Dante situation. All I am is positive when it comes to dante.

4. Jazz

Jazz Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2018
    I'm also a bad representative for Dante. All I want is for him to become is a really good player

5. Rubashov

Rubashov Well-Known Member 2019 Award Winner

Dec 24, 2016
    That's amazing.

Ostertag>Duncan likes this.
  6. Wes Mantooth

Wes Mantooth Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2015
    We don’t have all the starters play the entire 1st. Units will be flexible and fluid, and given our talent and depth, I don’t see it being a big concern.

Jingled likes this.
  7. The Thriller

The Thriller Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    I agree, the Jazz suck ***. Let’s trade everything to the rockets and thunder for future 2nd rounders and tank.

Let’s also allow Davis Locke to do both radio and tv. His voice is amazing.

8. SuperHooper

SuperHooper Banned

Jul 2, 2016
    Yeah I agree with this.

This recent video breaks Jeff Green being the integral part to a Jazz small ball lineup (which they will have to use in the playoffs at some points):

I just hope Green takes some of that firey disdain he showed at media day for teams’ only giving him 1 year min deals to show just how good he still can be. Because as you said, Green’s biggest issue has been people expecting too much from him when paid big bucks. Which led me to my concern about our relying on him too much.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  9. SuperHooper

SuperHooper Banned

Jul 2, 2016
    Fantastic now we’ve added a sixth (???) point guard to the training camp.

“The Jazz are bringing Mike Scott to training camp. The point guard has agreed to a one-year, minimum-salary [assumed not fully guaranteed] deal with Utah... The Jazz have 20 players under contract, so they will have to make another move to accommodate the 26-year-old’s deal.” (https://www.slamonline.com/nba/jazz-add-pg-mike-scott-to-training-camp-roster/)

Hah this makes sense. So who’s being moved to make Mike Scott #20?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  10. Jack Strop

Jack Strop Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Great Scott will be a Stars player. IINM, teams can have four affiliate players in addition to the 2-ways. To do this, Jazz will need to cut one player at some point during training camp, then add Scott. If that cut player doesn't get picked up by another team, Utah can add him to the Stars.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Howard and Kidd. Since there is only one roster spot, barring some unexpected move, I wouldn't be surprised if the loser gets signed by another team like what happened with Ingles and the Clippers.

11. Release the Kraken

Release the Kraken Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Impressed that you guys appreciate this guy's skill level. I hate that the Lakers have Caruso and McGee on such team friendly deals - on top of all their other more conspicuous assets. Course then they have Dwight Howard and a coaching staff that's also guaranteed to be full of drama. Look for them to self-destruct sooner than later.:p