What's new

Post game quotes from Celtics' forums-"Drug test the whole Jazz roster immediately"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Post Game

I don't disagree with Al, the Jazz will likely not equal that performance from 3 point land the rest of the year, and maybe not the rest of the decade. If they were all wide open 3's I would complain but many were very well contested, step back threes that simply went in. If we play with the same intensity, unselfishness and overall quality like that we win 3 of 4 times.

“the Jazz shot a ridiculous a 27 of 31 from behind the arc….” It was ridiculous but it wasn’t *that* ridiculous - actual stat was 27 of 51. Still incredible.

Nothing like an edging in Utah.

Yeah i got nothing, cant win when ur opponents just literally dont ****ing miss

Drug test the whole Jazz roster immediately

We gave up 27 threes i dont want to ****ing hear it

Someone photoshop Mike Conley heads on the JFK assassination photo

It’s not fair we played so well

Shame we had to lose this game to a literally unconscious team lol

This is the best we played all season and nothing to show for it

I wish we had drafted Mitchell instead of Tatum. MUCH better player in the playoffs and MUCH less selfish

The only critique I have is not driving straight at Gobert once he had 5 fouls. Still probably lose tho bc the 3 pointers are what killed us

If this was an online game... I'd accuse the Jazz player of hacking. Ngl.

I'm pretty sure Ingles and Bogdanovic have buried a body together somewhere out in Moab.

Ingles and Bogdanovic sounds like a personal injury law firm that would run millions of radio spots and have every other billboard with them Charlie’s angels posing on it.

It's time to get rid of the name Jazz. It would be more fitting to call them The Utah Basketball Team

If it was any other team, we would’ve blown them out tonight. But it happened to be Jazz shooting 3s at FT efficiency. Fml.

Maybe we need this awful Star Wars EDM at Celtics home games to unlock this 3pt shooting power

****ing end me now, this is beyond ridiculous

We played great defense they hit insane shots

How the hell do you put up 130 points and STILL lose? Defense tried, but Utah just made anything and everything, which is really just typical when others teams play the Celtics.

Nothing you can do about yesterday really. Utah basically played like they had the sliders for 3-point shots at 100 on NBA2K lol (and ugh). Despite that we still had a slim lead at times and only lost by 7.

Tough loss, after playing so well most of the game.

We win with JB and if Jazz don’t have the best shooting night in NBA history

Good game tho Jazz just a fluke regular season team hitting ridiculous shots

Celtics played on HOF but Jazz played on custom. Conley is a monster

Played well but this Jazz team is on drugs lol

We beat every other team in the league if we played how we did today lol

Utah isn’t a real state anyways, no worries fellas

Conley scored 2 points his last game. Against the celtics he goes 7 for 7 from three. Cant make this up

Mike conley had a genie with him giving him unlimited wishes for this game

I mean that’s an unwinnable game and we almost won. good job. we get so ****ing unlucky

They couldn’t miss and we didn’t turn the ball over and Tatum dropped 37. I can understand this one.

How in tf do the Jazz shoots like that? Wtf

THAT WAS THE BEST CELTICS GAME IN TWO YEARS AND WE LOSE!!!!!

Why the **** did they hit every three

In all seriousness tho that might be the least upset I've ever been about a loss

mike conley and mitchell were on something else in the 4th

Won't be that mad I think they played team basketball, the oldies splash uncles Mike old Conley just won't miss

Conley was unreal that game. It felt he hadn't missed much but I was really shocked to see he literally hadn't missed a 3

Despite the loss, this was Celtics best game of the season. They moved the ball, hit open jumpers and defense was on point. Unfortunately Utah was to hot from behind the arc so it was impossible to beat them this time. Next game should be interesting

You score 130 points in a game and lose… it was just not your time to win no matter what you did. Some next-level voodoo.

The bad news is we lost. The good news is that we got beat by a good team. Donovan Mitchell looked great and I haven’t seen Connelly look this good in years.

I like this loss more then then 76ers win

mirchell had a freaking night ! never understood why coaches seem to realize that the guy is scoring like hell and they dont react at all !? double defense ? pressure ? nothing basketball now is a joke !!

We had it close, until Mitchell drained that crucial three. Utah was simply too hot from beyond the arc.

Shooting clinic by Utah!!

Dang Jazz were shooting lights out from 3! I mean WTH Mitchell shot 14 3’s himself. When a teams on fire like that there’s not a lot of room for error. I think the C’s did a great job in the 2nd half but just fell short at the end against a great team.

Jazz couldn’t miss. Played their hearts out. 53% from three on over 50 threes is unheard of..

This Jazz team is a legit contender, probably one of the top 3 in the WC and our boys stood their ground. Not happy with the loss but I appreciate the effort.

Only lost because Utah was jacking up threes all night and they went in.

Game is great ,team play hard but Jazz is not an easy to defeat.They have a good bench players too.

I wanna fight Utah for not missing shots they should’ve

Donovan had more of the killer instinct than JT. Hats off to the man

I'm pretty sure The Utah jazz logo says: Utah azz

Dear Celtics, you will not win while giving up 137 points. Sincerely Fan base.

Celtics played pretty well.

Ingles back to back 3’s late in the fourth were killers and as a team the Jazz shot over 50% from three - many of them contested

It sucks tho because our team fully deserved a W playing that well. We are not a good offensive team in general and we scored 130 in regulation against a good defensive team, its not always we play that well. It sucks that the other team had to hit 27 threes at a >50% clip lol

20 of their 3s were completely well defended and they just sunk em.

I'm not sure the Celtics could hit 27 of 51 if the Jazz literally put all their players in the paint and dared them to shoot wide open 3's.

I swear jazz coach just has them practice threes 24/7

The Celtics tonight became just the 2nd team in the last 35 seasons to score at least 130 points in regulation on Utah's home court.

I've never seen a team that hot. The way Utah was shooting, the basket may as well have been an ocean. Can't do nothing but tip your hat to that.

We'll win 9 times out of 10 with a performance like this. If there's such a thing as a "good loss", this would be it.

Mike Conley 7/7 from distance. Like what even lol. How

Miracle for them, maybe the luckiest 3 point shooting ever I've seen, sooo many contested 3s going in

Conley, Bogdanovic, Donovan, Ingles, Clarkson, O'Neale, Gay.. so many weapons from behind the perimeter JFC

They literally shot better from 3 than we did from the field and we didn’t even have that bad of a shooting night. What do you even do

...should we have won this game? Someone tell me because I have no clue.

Utah's crunch time game plan was to take tough step back threes and they made them so they won

Since 2021 started the jazz have hit 25+ 3s 5 times. Doubt anyone else has got 2. Granted this season hasn’t been the same after averaging 17 or some **** last season. But that may explain why some jazz fans are optimistic

Let’s see the creative ways we’re gonna blame Tatum and his 37/6/5 on this loss

If Jazz didn’t MAGICALLY make 27 3s we win that game. wtf was that

**** the jazz. **** the three.

I wish we could shoot like that

****ing 3 ball whoa

81 from behind the arc for the Jazz. That's like an entire game's worth of points

We legit held the Sixers to 87 points last game hahaha

Tatum had 37, Schroeder and Horford had 20+. They won the turnover battle 19-6. Grant and Richardson looked great. Against any other team you win this game.

what the **** was jazz on tonight. solid game tho. keep up the fight

What a back-breaking loss. One of our team's overall best shooting performances, great defense, but the Jazz just couldn't miss a ****ing three. 53% from three, 27 made threes. Jesus christ.

that was both equally frustrating and impressive watching them hit 3 after 3 like it was open gym

That was the single most significant statistical outlier I have ever seen on a basketball court.

Absolutely outplayed the Jazz, but sometimes an act of the devil will ruin your night.

If Jaylen was in and the Utah jazz didn’t drink the blood of ray allen and steph curry before the game this is an easy win.

If the Jazz hit league average (37%) on 3s the Cs win by 17. Let that sink in.

C’s could not have played better tonight. Absolute pain

They were so obviously cheating. Must be some new aimbot that cheat detectors haven’t found yet

This was one of the weirder Boston Celtics losses in franchise history. The Celtics shot over 51% from the floor. They scored 50 points in the paint, against one of the NBA’s best rim-protectors no less. Boston had only six turnovers in the game. On the flip side, the Celtics snagged nine steals as part of forcing 20 turnovers and had a 31-10 advantage in points off turnovers.

And none of it mattered because the Utah Jazz shot 27-for-51 on three-pointers.

Ime Udoka and Al Horford were correct in their postgame assessment that this wasn’t an effort issue. The Celtics were playing hard. The Jazz just couldn’t miss. Several times, especially late, Boston was right on top of shooters as they dropped in yet another three. As Horford said, “Sometimes you just tip your cap”.

Another moral victory.

Elite shooting teams sometimes hit lots of threes. That is what they do.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we go 0-6 in the next six games and still hear this same moral victory nonsense to make us sound like we went 6-0.

Utah shoots 36.6% on 3s, they shot north of 52% in this game. Mike Conley is a career 38% 3 pt shooter and 47% for the season - he shot 100% on 7 attempts. That is an aberration.

I saw a team that did not lie down in the face of a sustained and once in a season type onslaught from 3 and had a chance till the last few minutes when they hit even more ridiculous shots to win it.

This would have been a 30 point loss last season. No team in the NBA would have beaten Utah last night.

Cant win giving up over 50% shooting on over 50 3's, Conley 7 for 7. Need perimeter scoring depth, go get Hield, Osman or someone or this could be a .500 season, or worse

They made a lot of tough and long 3s or some 3s that came late off majority good D.

Why couldn't they just miss at least 3 of those 3s?! 27 for 51 is insane.

The Jazz shout out of their *** and were extremely fortunate to win this game with what I quantify as a fluke shooting performance. This was especially true late in the game when they finally pulled away with ridiculous hero ball shots from deep that all connected. You really just have to put your arms up and say, good shooting tonight. Celtics played well enough to win, the jazz had their best shooting night of the season and probably for a lot of the players careers.

I won't date myself, but I've been watching the NBA for a long, long time and I've never seen a shooting performance like that. Despit the loss, every player that took the court for Boston can be proud of the effort they put out tonight. Celtics Pride is on its way back.

Celtics were playing elite offense in the second half, look at the scoreboard.

But defense was usual, cannot resist to perimeter shooting from Utah.

Still the best game I saw this season, thanks Tatum, Al, Romeo, Richardson and Schroeder

Tough loss. There is a box score with Utah shooting over 50% from the floor and going 27 for 51 from 3 and someone 2 years from now will pull it up and think - wow, where was the defense. But the Celtics weren't bad on that end at all. I mean, it wasn't perfect. But other games teams miss open shots and that goes to the good in your defensive stats. I mean most of the shots Conley hit were off the dribble and step backs - those are tough shots you expect guys to miss shooting them in an open gym. (or at least you are not pegging them to hit 7 in a row). Mitchell hit a couple of impossible ones. This was not a team leaving the Jazz wide open.

3's they were making for the most part was ridiculous. Nothing celtics could do about that

Jazz hitting garbage, flukey, chuck it up and pray 3's all game AND getting the refs help. Nothing else you can do.

Nothing u can do as a fan. Tip ur cap cuz we just witnessed an historic performance

For Utah tonight it was a make and make and make and make............league.

I know this is a good shooting team, but c'mon. They are 26 for 50, with a ton of those pretty heavily contested. Can't wait to see the breakdown tomorrow to see what their percentage was on contested looks - guessing almost 50%, which is insane.

Mike Conley has never been this good in his EFFING LIFE!! Anyone who thinks this modern version of the NBA is anywhere REMOTELY close to the 80's and 90's is ingesting bath salts.

Been watching for 55 years and never seen a team shoot like this.

Other than the terrible start, I thought we played well. And, crazy as it sounds when we give up 137 points, I didn't think our D was bad at all. The Jazz made some seriously difficult shots, and shot a ridiculous percentage from deep. Sometimes great offense overcomes whatever D you throw out there.

This thread makes me feel even worse about the game.

Jazz had 14 more turnovers than the Celtics. The Celtics had 10 more FGAs than the Jazz. If the Jazz weren't shooting like that, they'd have lost by double digits.

That said, I think that was the best the Celtics have played all season.

Jazz won so shut up Boston fans about the Jazz name. I live in NH and have been to Boston several times and never have I seen Celtics walking the streets of Boston.

It was nice to see the Jazz on fire from the 3 pt line. Jazz have lost several games because they have sucked shooting the 3 pt line.

Jazz had 14 more turnovers than the Celtics. The Celtics had 10 more FGAs than the Jazz. If the Jazz weren't shooting like that, they'd have lost by double digits.

That said, I think that was the best the Celtics have played all season.
But why was this the best the C’s have played? Because the jazz were that bad. They outplayed us in just about every way possible other then shooting, and it took a historic shooting effort to do it. This team was lazy as hell, and I pretty much spent all game long cussing out my tv.

C’s intercepted pass after pass which is a sign of lazy lackadaisical play with no urgency, which has been an unsettling mantra of this team this year. There has been no concentration on defense. I think the fact we are doing so good on offense is hurting our overall team defense. Yes the numbers say we are good defensively, but that is due to our one man team recking ball in Gobert. Our perimeter players don’t put up an ounce of fight in one on one defense, the offensive player gets into the paint with ease. And that was worse than usual vs the Celtics.

This team played like bitches for 45 minutes of that game.

But why was this the best the C’s have played? Because the jazz were that bad. They outplayed us in just about every way possible other then shooting, and it took a historic shooting effort to do it. This team was lazy as hell, and I pretty much spent all game long cussing out my tv.

C’s intercepted pass after pass which is a sign of lazy lackadaisical play with no urgency, which has been an unsettling mantra of this team this year. There has been no concentration on defense. I think the fact we are doing so good on offense is hurting our overall team defense. Yes the numbers say we are good defensively, but that is due to our one man team recking ball in Gobert. Our perimeter players don’t put up an ounce of fight in one on one defense, the offensive player gets into the paint with ease. And that was worse than usual vs the Celtics.

This team played like bitches for 45 minutes of that game.
They didn't intercept as many passes as you think. You can't call it an interception when we just throw it right to them. That is more of a pass to the other team. But yeah, they also intercepted a few passes.