What's new

Post your 2013 Remockdraft

All I know is when I hey announced we traded for Trey I yelled no no no no no as my idiot bro started trash talking me because he actually thought trey would be good. Looking back giving up those two picks for Trey now seems like we gave too much.

My question is if we hadn't made that trade who would we have taken at 14? I'm guessing we would've taken Gobert at 21.

Locke said the plan was to take Gobert at 14. When Trey slid, Utah traded up. When Gobert slid, Utah traded up to get him.

Wow, looking back at the '13 draft. That was real lotto and surprisingly strong when you consider that it was deemed to be the weakest ever and some guys yet have to play a healthy season before we judge them definitely(or 2 more with injuries so we can determine them glass bones)

RIght now a redraft would prolly look like this:
1 Giannis
2 Gobert
3 Noel
4 Dipo
5 MCW(He's super weird)
6 Porter
7 Schröder
8 Len
9 KCP
10 Kelly
11 Adams
And then there's still plenty of guys who haven't had their breakthrough. Where we don't know who they are.
It's also interesting to note how the "drought" of elite wing players, especially "shooting guards" is trending in another way. How NBA offenses have found an easy way to integrate them into key roles, where their impact exceeds their shortcomings.
Almost exclusively upperclassmen have fit that description and there's almost none of them in the '13 draft. I think KCP and Snell have a chance to become good wingplayers. But the lack of fundamentals is really showing with McLemore, Shabazz and some others in that draft whose names you prolly have already forgotten.