What's new

Post your favorite Jazz clips!

Great thread. I must have watched this 50 times over the past 6 months, great edit and the tune is as smooth as DMs stroke.

Who would you rather have right now, prime D Will or Mitchell?

Would you rather have Boozer or Favors?

Just another day at the office for John Stockton.

That 2nd 3 would have been called a foul today. But in that time it was a regular thing that didn't get called. Imagine if Stockton and Hornacek had the 3 pt green light players are given today. We would have had a field day. Most of Stockton's 3s were like that, contested and usually only in a desperate situation, and he still shot 38% for his career. Imagine if we provided some spacing and made it part of the arsenal. Would have been a different animal that is for sure.

You know it is easy to forget the past. Stockton was an unbelievable ball player. I was perusing stats for fun and found these gems from the playoffs in the 80's:

87-88: Games - 11, PPG - 19.5, RPG - 4.1, APG - 14.8, Steals - 3.4, 50.7% FG, 82.4% FT, 43.5 MPG...his 3 pt percentage is the only crack in the foundation in this one, at 28.6%, but holy hell. We get excited when Hayward averaged 17 pts, 4 asst and 4 reb.

88-89: Games - 3 (small sample size but holy ****), 27.3 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 13.7 APG, 3.7 steals, 50.8% FG, 75% 3 pt, 90.5% FT, 46.3 MPG.

I mean really what planet was this guy from? Wasn't he an inflated 6'1"? He was white and slow, right? Son of a bitch it is easy to let time fade the memories but, wow, to read some of this was crazy. Definitely one of the GOAT, and definitely top 2 at his position all-time.

"Uh oh."

Still the greatest clutch shot in Jazz history. Second being Book's under hand scoop with 0.2 seconds left.

Every time, EVERY TIME I watch this clip, I get tears in my eyes. I am taken back to my kitchen in Sandy in 1997, surrounded by my brothers. He hits that shot and I am running around the house like a ****ing maniac. Best moment in Jazz history, but I am feeling good that in the next 2 years we will have a better one.

Who would you rather have right now, prime D Will or Mitchell?

Would you rather have Boozer or Favors?

prime DWill was beast and better than Mitchell now, but I'm still taking Mitchell for his ceiling.

Then as likable as Favors is Boozer was quite a bit better IMO. Dude had what 34 pts / 15 rebs in a game 7 win on the road? Also think prime Boozer's game would work really well today.

Prime Boozer was better than prime Favors. He had 2 damn good seasons, and his defense was reasonably good too.

No, his defense was not reasonably good. His man on man was not awful but he could not protect the rim and was 0 help on help defense.

Their stats are pretty comparable when Favors was 23 (net rating +11) and Boozer was 25(net rating +10). But Favors got hurt for the next 2 years and this year sacrificed his stats for the team.

Ironically Favors is the type of player that would dominate Boozer.