Potential move to Utah

NAOS

Based on anecdotal nonsense, or Kem Gardner Institute bull ****? Housing here is plenty affordable.
How many times do I have to re-mention the ratio between wages and housing? After all, that’s what I’ve been referring to this whole time.

And, more specifically, how that ratio compares with other cities in the West.

idestroyedthetoilet

How many times do I have to re-mention the ratio between wages and housing? After all, that’s what I’ve been referring to this whole time.

And, more specifically, how that ratio compares with other cities in the West.
I bet it's about the same in Boise and Helena.

I suppose you could find some odd duck small town with plenty of land and surprisingly high wages, probably skewed by a big government complex or defense base, where if you got a job there you'd be king of the hill and if not youd be in the same situation or worse than SLC.

Housing prices have a funny tendency of matching what people can afford. For 30 years out.

Wes Mantooth

Lmao. Bitching about housing prices in a major city, by the water, in California. It is what it is. The market sets the price.

NAOS

I suppose you could find some odd duck small town with plenty of land and surprisingly high wages, probably skewed by a big government complex or defense base, where if you got a job there you'd be king of the hill and if not youd be in the same situation or worse than SLC.

Housing prices have a funny tendency of matching what people can afford. For 30 years out.
It’s been better in Boise and Helena for most of the last 10 years before this recession. That’s a broad average. There are other cities I could have mentioned, but I’ll just stick with the ones I’ve previously mentioned. Muah.

Vintage Jazz

How about Akron Ohio? Diverse , Bad weather, dangerous in parts. Actually those are a few positives..

I would have made great $$ or ended up dead if I stayed in SLC after high school!
Miss friends, weather and Jazz.

Based on this thread no chance of coming back. Price’s sound like beach front property on the east coast lol.

Safetydan

*What people coming in from other states/countries can afford. Not people in the state and not me, unfortunately (yet)