What's new

Predict Our Starting Lineup

no chance 34 year old Mike Conley is a better option than Sexton , and outside of being a rookie I don't see any difference between Ochai and Beasley besides one is the future and one is one foot out.
It's not always about who is the better player in a head to head sense.

Pundits seem to be suggesting that the Jazz will likely start Conley, Sexton, Markkanen, Vanderbilt and Olynyk. The 2nd unit would then be Clarkson, Beasley, Agbaji, Fontecchio and Kessler. Maybe NAW or THT beat out Agbaji in the rotation early this season.

Olynyk / Kessler
Vanderbilt / Fontecchio
Markkanen / Agbaji
Conley / Beasley
Sexton / Clarkson

If that's the case, that would mean that guys like THT, NAW and Bolmaro won't get regular minutes at the start of the season. If the Jazz can move Conley, that will open up regular minutes for one of the guards. Based on what Tony Jones is saying, it doesn't sound as though Clarkson is going to get moved.

Conley or KO should come off the bench (most likely KO).

Guys that it’s most important to start imo

Sexton
Lauri
Beasley
Vando

Those are the guys who are both ready and most likely to be part of the next good Jazz team. I think it also helps them retain trade value if that is important.

Point Guard

Sexton - is the future and he should be starting to become our next all star.

Butler - soured on him but I want to see what he can do in a tank.

Lee - love his athleticism and I want to see him play. His shot is fugley.

Conley - is probably not going any where any time soon. Will probably start but we need to lose.

Shooting guard

Beasley - has grown on me and I like that he has something to prove. I figure he will be moved.

THT - if he can shoot and play defense he could be valuable. I want to see what he can do

NAW - See above.

Clarkson - I like him but he needs to be moved. Although his ball hogging will be good for a tank. That could impede the youth movement.

Small forward

Fonticchico - I am super excited. Looks like he can do it all. One of my current favorite players

Agbaji - another player i am excited for. Honestly he could be starting as a 2 guard. So many there so I put him here. 3&D

Bolmaro - I see him as a point forward. Kind of like Ingles with out the shot. His lack of shooting needs to change or his will be cut.

Power Forward -

Markkenan - the other player i am pumped for. He could be the Jazz MVP and or an all star. I hope hardy watched the euro games.

Vanderbilt - his age and defensive ability make him perfect for the rebuild. I hope he is not traded. Just lacking a 3 point shot.

Stanley - I like his defensive ability. Seems like a great guy. Is a cut candidate redundant to Vanderbilt but I hope we keep him

Gay - cut him please. Trade him if you can.

Center -

Kessler - I like what I have seen. Olynyk will be a good mentor. His defense seems legit and can shoot some 3s

Doke - nice change of pace center but availability is in question. Looks to be in shape. IF he can stay healthy could be fun to watch in a tank

Olynyk - I think he is a perfect fit on the Lakers but will probably start in utah. Good shooter will open the floor up.

My hopes

Sexton

Beasley

Fonticchico

Markkenan

Kessler

Actually

Conley

Sexton

Fonticchico

Markkenan

Olynyk

My final guess is Conley/Sexton/Beasley/Markkanen/Olynyk. I also wouldn't be shocked to see us start Markkanen at the 3 like the Cavs did and go with a lineup of Conley/Sexton/Markkanen/Vanderbilt/Olynyk.

Last edited:
My hope is
Sexton
Clarkson
Fonteccio
Markannan
KO

My fear is Conley starts which basically throws everything else out of whack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think juicing Conley's value is going to be a high priority, so I think he starts. I also think he will sit a lot of games which would prompt an alternate starting lineup since I think he and Sexton start.

Last edited:
I want to see
Sexton
Beasley
Fontecchio
Markkanen
Olynk

That is a ton of offense but will probably give up a lot of points. I wouldnt mind seeing Vanderbilt in there as well but I think I prefer the passing, ball movement, and opening up the court that Olynk gives the young guys. Conley might start but I would rather not have him there. Partially for the young guys to get a run and partially because I dont want to see Sexton playing much with Clarkson. If Clarkson was moved I would be okay with starting Conley more and having Sexton come off the bench to start the year until he proves he is much better. The nice thing about Conley starting is he can feed the other guys much better.

Conley
Sexton
Beasley
Markkanen
Olynyk

Same for me. Definitly not a tanking starting five.
I think they need a defender in there to balance that lineup. Vanderbilt should probably be in that starting 5 but not sure wins are the ultimate goal this season.

Vando is who I’m most excited to watch. He’s 23, plays hard, can handle the ball fairly well and pass. If he could just develop even the semblance of a jump shot to Draymond’s level, sky’s the limit for him. Even without it he gets us extra possessions and makes his teammates better very heady player for 23 years of age.

Vando is who I’m most excited to watch. He’s 23, plays hard, can handle the ball fairly well and pass. If he could just develop even the semblance of a jump shot to Draymond’s level, sky’s the limit for him. Even without it he gets us extra possessions and makes his teammates better very heady player for 23 years of age.
In my opinion he’s the best player we received from either the Gobert, Mitchell trades.