What's new

President Obama Commencement

I liked his good sense of humor and his message to the kids. What he said was absolutely true.

It's just weird to see a president speak in complete sentences, without insulting reporters, or bragging about how many women he's banged. Remember his pandemic "models" comment?

Speaking of bad commencements, have you seen Ben Sasse's? It was trending on twitter yesterday.

I saw the first part, and uh, man he whiffed hard.

I'm skeptical of this, but that could be because I spend a lot of time in more Biden critical leftist circles.

Maybe.

But I believe for the most part voter enthusiasm is going to be sky high.

Democrats will be eager to vote for Biden.
Trumpers will be eager to vote for Trump
Never Trumpers will mostly be eager to vote against Trump (hopefully for Biden)
African Americans will be back up to 2008 and 2012 levels.
It'll be interesting what happens to the Hispanic vote. I suspect it's going to be sky high as I can't imagine kids in cages is popular.
I hope that leftists understand that having a seat at the table is better than being excluded completely from the room. You'll get a lot more done with Biden than you ever will with Trump. Another 4 years of Trump could mean the end of your chance to ever get anything done. I don't think it's a stretch to consider Trump an existential threat to our democracy. I wouldn't be surprised if he were to be re-elected to see political opponents outlawed or jailed. Look at what he's doing already to officers Vindman and to the IGs. If he wins in 2024, will he outlaw the NY Times? Will he ask his cult to "liberate" Vermont of Bernie Sanders? Or lock up the leftists?
"It Can Happen Here." There might not be any leftists left to campaign in 2024 if Trump gets re-elected.

Just look at all the **** he has pulled in just the past 6 months.

I saw the first part, and uh, man he whiffed hard.

It was like a wannabe comedy act, like he thought he was part of a roast. I'm sure most of the stuff he said went over the heads of the high school grads. It was bad. Realllll bad.

Whoever's idea it was to film that and actually decide to publish doesn't understand good PR. Just red meat for the base.

Maybe. He is up for reelection this year. But then again, he's in Nebraska. How difficult is it for an incumbent Republican Senator to win reelection in Nebraska?

Maybe. He is up for reelection this year. But then again, he's in Nebraska. How difficult is it for an incumbent Republican Senator to win reelection in Nebraska?

It's a lay up with the added pleasure that if you miss, you can easily pick up your rebound and put it back in two more times. Sasse would have to have a Roy Moore plunge to lose the seat, but aside from being a bad comedian, he'll easily win.

I think that’s a failed strategy. Voter enthusiasm is going to be sky high no matter what.

As a Democrat, what i see would be most threatening to us politically, would be for trump to:
  • Put down the ****ing phone.
  • Ramp up testing.
  • Pass a massive stimulus package and expand health care and relief. People that Biden is going to pick off by promising economic relief and health care for. True, he’s not Sanders. But Biden is campaigning well to the left of Obama.
  • Lead us through the pandemic.
If he showed any ability to lead us, I think he’d deliver Democrats a monster blow to the head. But he won’t. He won’t pass **** for people. He campaigns as a populist and governs as a kleptocrat. And he’ll get distracted by anything. Hell, Look at his most recent pinned tweet.

Sadly, his inability to lead us will lead to more death and destruction. We will just grin and bear it until we have new leadership. But if there’s a positive to this pandemic at least it will lead to a change in leadership both for the White House and senate. Hopefully we can get back on track after this election. We really need to shore up our social safety net and work to mend the fissures that have been neglected For years and exacerbated by this administration.

Romney would have trounced HRC.

Trump ran against one of the most polarizing and unpopular figures the dems could put up.

Problem is both your arguements rely on reason and rationality, trump supporters have neither.
Hardcore Trump supporters very very sadly make up about 1/3 of U.S. voters. But they only make up 1/3 of U.S. voters. So they can be just as ****ing stupid as they want to be, imho.

Hardcore Trump supporters very very sadly make up about 1/3 of U.S. voters. But they only make up 1/3 of U.S. voters. So they can be just as ****ing stupid as they want to be, imho.
What defines a hardcore Trump supporter?

Maybe.

But I believe for the most part voter enthusiasm is going to be sky high.

Democrats will be eager to vote for Biden.
Trumpers will be eager to vote for Trump
Never Trumpers will mostly be eager to vote against Trump (hopefully for Biden)
African Americans will be back up to 2008 and 2012 levels.
It'll be interesting what happens to the Hispanic vote. I suspect it's going to be sky high as I can't imagine kids in cages is popular.
I hope that leftists understand that having a seat at the table is better than being excluded completely from the room. You'll get a lot more done with Biden than you ever will with Trump. Another 4 years of Trump could mean the end of your chance to ever get anything done. I don't think it's a stretch to consider Trump an existential threat to our democracy. I wouldn't be surprised if he were to be re-elected to see political opponents outlawed or jailed. Look at what he's doing already to officers Vindman and to the IGs. If he wins in 2024, will he outlaw the NY Times? Will he ask his cult to "liberate" Vermont of Bernie Sanders? Or lock up the leftists?
"It Can Happen Here." There might not be any leftists left to campaign in 2024 if Trump gets re-elected.

Just look at all the **** he has pulled in just the past 6 months.

You’re kidding yourself if you think black voters turn out like they did in 2008 and 2012.

A solid portion of Hispanics voted for Trump and they probably will again.

Last edited:
You’re kidding yourself if you think black voters turn out like they did in 2008 and 2012.

A solid portion of Hispanics voted for Trump and they probably will again.

You could be right. But I don’t think so.

Remind me again what happened in South Carolina and what powered the Biden campaign to a primary victory. See also 2018 midterms.

Last edited:
What defines a hardcore Trump supporter?
The people who are going to vote for him essentially no matter what. Or, as Trump defines them, people who will support him even if he walks out onto 5th avenue and shoots a person.

The people who are going to vote for him essentially no matter what. Or, as Trump defines them, people who will support him even if he walks out onto 5th avenue and shoots a person.
Okay. That's a little different than I thought. When you said 1/3 of the country are hardcore Trump supporters, I was curious how you were defining it because that's too high. But if "vote for him no matter what," then 1/3 would certainly be accurate. However, 1/3 would also vote for Biden no matter what, but I don't know that I'd consider them hardcore Biden supporters.

Okay. That's a little different than I thought. When you said 1/3 of the country are hardcore Trump supporters, I was curious how you were defining it because that's too high. But if "vote for him no matter what," then 1/3 would certainly be accurate. However, 1/3 would also vote for Biden no matter what, but I don't know that I'd consider them hardcore Biden supporters.
I don't think people would vote for Biden if he murdered someone in times square

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't think people would vote for Biden if he murdered someone in times square

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Well, if we’re taking that hyperbole literally, would you agree that 1/3 of the country would vote for Trump if he murdered someone in Times Square?

I'd say at least 1/3 of the voters will vote for NOT-Trump no matter what.