What's new

Process vs. Results and the best nickname ever.

I couldn't read past here.

Lol, no. You definitely over rate Millsap.
Its the combination of skill sets. Favors doesnt compliment anybody on offense. He is a solid rebounder and above average defender. If we had kept Wes, kept Millsap and traded Favors for a high draft pick when he had value, we would have been a contender.

Wes, Hayward, Favors and Gobert are incredibly balanced on both ends. But instead we let guys walk and hitched our wagon to an average player.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Its the combination of skill sets. Favors doesnt compliment anybody on offense. He is a solid rebounder and above average defender. If we had kept Wes, kept Millsap and traded Favors for a high draft pick when he had value, we would have been a contender.

Wes, Hayward, Favors and Gobert are incredibly balanced on both ends. But instead we let guys walk and hitched our wagon to an average player.

Nah, Millsap is a solid borderline all star player who went East and beat up easy competition with a good team. He doesn't really compliment Gobert that well. A three point shooting big would. We needed a healthy Favor's, that's hurt us but either way we wouldn't have been contenders. Millsap played with 4 other all Stars in the crappy East and they weren't contenders.

Also Favor's has been solid helping the offense this year.

Nah, Millsap is a solid borderline all star player who went East and beat up easy competition with a good team. He doesn't really compliment Gobert that well. A three point shooting big would. We needed a healthy Favor's, that's hurt us but either way we wouldn't have been contenders. Millsap played with 4 other all Stars in the crappy East and they weren't contenders.

Also Favor's has been solid helping the offense this year.
Lol Ron. You don't know ****. Millsap was the best Atlanta Hawk, does shoot the 3 and perfectly compliments Gobert. They are both 1st or 2nd team all NBA quality.

Not surprised you dont see it. Healthy Favors huh? What's his excuse this year? First it was he wasn't ready. Then it was because he wasn't getting the minutes. Then it was the roster. Then it was injuries. All the while, he is going to be great. What a joke.

He is average and we lost so many assets to keep this average player. Now he will leave for nothing to be average elsewhere.

Lol Ron. You don't know ****. Millsap was the best Atlanta Hawk, does shoot the 3 and perfectly compliments Gobert. They are both 1st or 2nd team all NBA quality.

Not surprised you dont see it. Healthy Favors huh? What's his excuse this year? First it was he wasn't ready. Then it was because he wasn't getting the minutes. Then it was the roster. Then it was injuries. All the while, he is going to be great. What a joke.

He is average and we lost so many assets to keep this average player. Now he will leave for nothing to be average elsewhere.

Millsap is a good player. He would not have made us a contender, he would not have been an all star in the West. Millsap is not a good 3 point shooter especially in the playoffs.

Millsap is a career 32% 3 point shooter and a career playoff 26% 3 point shooter.

Also Favors is averaging 23.2 points per 100 possessions on 54% shooting this year along good passing (better than Millsap). Millsap is 22 points per 100 possessions on 41% shooting.

Even their career numbers are not that far off from each other, they are about the same and Favors is just now entering his prime. Millsap was still playing for Utah when he was Favors age.

Favors career got side tracked by injuries but he appears to be back. I hope his health lasts, that is my only concern with him. Is he going to be a star player? No, but Millsap never was either. He was just a good solid above average starter.

Now imagine if Favors had spent time next to a really good all-star stretch center spreading the floor for him.

Last edited:
Millsap is a good player. He would not have made us a contender, he would not have been an all star in the West. Millsap is not a good 3 point shooter especially in the playoffs.

Millsap is a career 32% 3 point shooter and a career playoff 26% 3 point shooter.

Also Favors is averaging 23.2 points per 100 possessions on 54% shooting this year along good passing (better than Millsap). Millsap is 22 points per 100 possessions on 41% shooting.

Even their career numbers are not that far off from each other, they are about the same and Favors is just now entering his prime. Millsap was still playing for Utah when he was Favors age.

Favors career got side tracked by injuries but he appears to be back. I hope his health lasts, that is my only concern with him. Is he going to be a star player? No, but Millsap never was either. He was just a good solid above average starter.

Now imagine if Favors had spent time next to a really good all-star stretch center spreading the floor for him.
We can agree to disagree.

Its easy for me since you are so incredibly wrong. Saying Favors and Millsap are about the same is just asinine, blatant, homer, fanboy ignorance.

I would rather start Sefolosha or Jerekbo at the 4 right now. At least they play with heart.

We can agree to disagree.

Its easy for me since you are so incredibly wrong. Saying Favors and Millsap are about the same is just asinine, blatant, homer, fanboy ignorance.

I would rather start Sefolosha or Jerekbo at the 4 right now. At least they play with heart.

It's fine if you want to say Millsap is better, he has been the last couple years, until this season. He still isn't a difference maker. He also isn't a good 3 point shooter. That's a fact. He isn't an all star in the West. He would not make the Jazz a contender last year and definitely not this year like you claimed.

You are mistaking even keel for not caring. You simply just dislike Favor's and discredit him regardless of what he does or stats say.

You obviously are a Millsap homer so I'll leave you to your dream that he is the one who got away and would have got us a championship. It's a sweet dream.