What's new

Projected min salary players available

Bender. He looked decent when I saw him live in Phoenix, plus his and Bojan's village are literally 5 kilometres apart. That's got to be a good thing.

The villages are fierce rivals with bad blood going back 6 generations.

I may have just made that up.

It’s funny to me that not that long ago, we were being sold on Burks being our big free agent acquisition and now the franchise wouldn’t even consider bringing him back at the minimum.

you wouldnt have to waive anyone to sign players to min contracts
They way I read his comment, was that the minimum guys are slim pickings and the Jazz should trade Exum to open up more money for better options. I’d gladly take one guy like JaMychal Green over any three guys off that list.

Wouldn’t mind spinning the tires on Lin, Korkmaz or Bender though. Jazz need to make sure that they can open up a spot after the trade deadline to add a buyout guy for the playoffs. Going to be a couple interested in Utah this year.

I think we might sign Ryan Arcidiacano

He is now unrestricted and advanced stats like him... Locke mentioned him a few times... maybe Locke’s gifts only work on draft picks.

He would have to give up the notion that he is a rotation guy on a playoff team, and just be happy to be a deep bench insurance guy. Then yes.

Or he could be offered the starting pf spot, and told he would only likely play 12-18 per night and rarely finish games.

Jazz can have up to 20 guys in training camp. Here’s who I expect them to keep (for now).

Conley, Exum, Neto
Mitchell, O’Neale, JWF
Bogdanovic, Jingles, Kidd, Oni
Niang, Brantley
Gobert, Davis, Bradley, Reed

That leaves 4 spots. . .

I’d personally love to see the Jazz offer minimum deals to younger guys like Frank Kaminsky, Dragan Bender, TLC and Furkan Korkmaz. Three year deals with partial guarantees. Get them into camp and let them compete with the young guys for the end of the roster spots.

Hope that the change of scenery and some coaching unlocks something in them.

Jazz can have up to 20 guys in training camp. Here’s who I expect them to keep (for now).

Conley, Exum, Neto
Mitchell, O’Neale, JWF
Bogdanovic, Jingles, Kidd, Oni
Niang, Brantley
Gobert, Davis, Bradley, Reed

That leaves 4 spots. . .

I’d personally love to see the Jazz offer minimum deals to younger guys like Frank Kaminsky, Dragan Bender, TLC and Furkan Korkmaz. Three year deals with partial guarantees. Get them into camp and let them compete with the young guys for the end of the roster spots.

Hope that the change of scenery and some coaching unlocks something in them.

It would be hilarious if Bender gets signed to a team and starts playing well. Suns fans would be so pissed. I like Korkmaz and can see him playing well for a well-coached team. T.L.C. has a lot of potential but has underwhelmed the past five seasons. It's going to be interesting to see where Frank goes. I feel like he'd be best in the East.

JaMychael Green and Wes Mathews would be nice additions to our roster. (WISH)
If JaMychal Green gets squeezed out of the market, the Jazz should do whatever they can to get him. Think he and Davis would be a badass tandem to replace Favors role on the team.

Patrick McCaw has 3 championships in 3 NBA seasons... How can u vote against him? I've also been singing his praises the whole time, since UNLV days...