Purple throwbacks are official!

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by oneye, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Kyoto

Kyoto Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    I may or may not have just achieved an erection

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

2. Kyoto

Kyoto Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
  3. ONE LOVE

ONE LOVE #Baby_Talk Staff Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Finally!!!!

4. oneye

oneye Well-Known Member 2018 Award Winner

Dec 2, 2017
    These are popular outside of Utah. They are seen probably as the coolest Jazz jersey. From former players to several family members to many NBA folks and their comments even today, these are by far our most popular jersey. Outside some Jazz fans I rarely see a negative comment on them, aside from Stockton and Malone lol.

I remember CJ Miles wanted to have this for a season, D-Will has been leaving positive comments on bringing them back and liking all the pics with them in them. A couple years ago Royce had pics with his friends/family. Of course it was this style Karl Malone jersey he wore. I believe I remember Big Sean wearing one of these at one of his concerts. Part of it is sentimental value. Everyone remembers watching he Jazz against the Bulls, still the most viewed NBA finals of all time, these jerseys are iconic to the franchise. It’s just opinion for sure, but among people outside some Jazz fans who seem to think they are ugly, these are by far the franchises most popular/well known jersey. It’s unfortunate a title wasn’t won in them, they’d mean even more, maybe Don and Rudy can change that.

midnight_hwy likes this.
  5. Shad

Shad Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Hot Rod >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anyone else since

midnight_hwy and UB like this.
  6. Jazzmix

Jazzmix Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    I thought those jerseys would look weird with current players numbers. It's like when I see those I expect to see 12 or 32 on them but watching the video with Conley I like it. It's great to bring them back unless you don't do it too often.

7. Douchebag K

Douchebag K Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    It’s happened to me !

8. ONE LOVE

ONE LOVE #Baby_Talk Staff Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Hmm.. I vividly remember when unveiling one of the retro jazz note jersey Dwill said something like "as long as it's not the mountains".

I think at the time that's the feeling but now it's come back full circle though I think.

9. dong2ha

dong2ha Premium Jazz Fan Contributor

May 18, 2011
  10. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    He probably gets them for free. But that’s a sweet sentiment.

#Loggradpost

11. Blue Waffles

Blue Waffles Member

Oct 2, 2018
    Really like the mountains and the colors. Dislike the font.
    If we start winning in them, I could grow to love the font. That's how it works.
    Just don't bring back the black and copper.

12. Scat

Scat Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    This. Just change the damn font!!

13. oneye

oneye Well-Known Member 2018 Award Winner

Dec 2, 2017
    Actually I think I do remember that lol, but yeah yesterday I saw him liking several other players pics on IG and left a couple positive comments on them. I know CJ Miles wanted them brought back when he was here. I do think they grew better with time in a lot of people’s minds and opinions. I’ll also agree the font isn’t great but I just don’t think you can change it if you’re going throwback. It’s gotta stay the same. Heck Rubio even commented and said he needed one. I’m interested to see what they do with the city edition jersey, a few rumors it will be back but changed some.

14. gomretat

gomretat Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    I don't care for the mountain jersey and rarely hear of people who do. I have actually heard a lot of non Jazz fans mock them as well. Not a big deal to me either way but not a great jersey.

15. tonstermits

tonstermits Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    Joe will not look good in these.

UB, NAOS, oneye and 1 other person like this.
  16. jazzVA

jazzVA Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2011
    over 20 years ago my Air Force bud brought this coat back from Korea as a gift (I watched his dog when he was over there for a while)...
    [​IMG]
    I've never worn it outside, it's like new and I was recently thinking about asking if anyone on this site might want it because a) I live in a place where you rarely need a heavy coat and b) way too much teal...in light of recent developments I might keep it for a while HOWEVER, I don't like this color scheme at all...the purple, teal and maroon (?) looks like a cheap lounge mix of the Sacramento Queens and Charlotte Hornets...and despite the glory days sentiments (newsflash incoming) the Jazz did not win a championship in them either...I will root for the Jazz in every single game to the max but these "throwbacks" suck...Jazz note Mardi Gras purple, green and gold forever...

Jazzman12 likes this.
  17. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Lol

18. Lakers_Slapper

Lakers_Slapper Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010

19. Kyoto

Kyoto Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Yeah I believe that most people think that the mountain logo was cool for like 2 seasons then it was like, where is the note already. That being said, it's cool to see them bring it back for a few games a year. Its definitely a nostalgia kick back to the best jazz teams the franchise has had.

Lighten up

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

20. UB

UB 100% certified ****boii Contributor

May 26, 2010
    Jeff Hornacek looked *****, too