What's new

Put it in ink - predict the Jazz 2014-15 season record!

I'll be the first to admit I have no frickin' clue. There are so many question marks coming into the season.

1 - How is the Exum/Burke situation going to play out? (Hint - answer better not be Exum at the 1 and Burke at the 2)
2- Will Burke play like a PG or is he just a short guy who likes to take a lot of jumpers?
3- Has Kanter grown up yet or will he continue to magnify every little mistake into a 48 minute slump? What happens when he doesn't show up mentally? Novak? Booker? Yikes.
4- How much will the big contract mess with Hayward's already fragile eggshell mind?
5 - Can Gobert play real NBA minutes or will he wow us with 8 minutes of great defense while racking up 4 fouls?
5- Can Coach Quinn actually coach or is he just another guy who occasionally reacts to stuff that goes on in front of him like Corbin?

We lost a couple decent vets and added Exum who pretty much seems like he's gonna be shaky in year one as well as Hood. There should also be some organic growth from Burke and Co. I say 29 wins.

44 wins.

I think the Jazz are better than most people think. Especially with the emergence of Rudy Gobert. Also, Hood is gonna be a nice contributor. Everyone is a year older and we have finally rid ourselves of dead weight.

If the Jazz don't reach 40 wins, then this has been a bad rebuild. They have way too much lottery talent to not be somewhat good.

With all due respect, to expect 40+ wins from this young squad in the West is asking more than a bit much. This year, Hood may be a bigger asset than Exum but just how much of one is a huge question mark.

I think 38 wins is our ceiling but that's in a perfect world of perfect worlds.

Without Marvelous Marvin and Richard Jefferson His excellency Gtime is going to face a triple team any time he touches the ball. Throw in two young point guards with streaky outside shooting and an emotionally erratic Enes....

Jazz 27 wins. The opponents win the rest.

If I am incredibly wrong it will be Alec Burks fault. Quinn Snyder's offense could create space that Alec could thrive in.

Last edited:
Offseason has softened you all. We are not getting past 30.

I hope the Jazz can win 32 games. It not that they will be as bad as last year, the West is just packed with talent.

Mods should merge the threads.. which one they keep I couldn't care less.. but I was running a total compilation of guesses in post #1 or 2 of the other... that's what made it a better prediction thread.