What's new

quick player analysis

oldtimer

Hayward: at the end of last year I heard grumbling that hayward was really upset with the style of basketball. being played. Quinn's system (more open pass first) really fits hayward. I never thought hayward would earn his new contract but he has been playing great.

Kanter: I have never understood the irrational hate directed to kanter. He is the same age as Gilbert. He is only 22. Moreover for the last two games he has been very good. Last night he played very good defense and he hustled and people still bashed him in the game thread. Look at the stats cleveland's bigs put up. Kanter played his arse off last night.

Favors: if he continues to improve his offensive game as much as he has he could be better than Dwight Howard.

Burke: is really struggling with is shot but he is just a sophomore. I love his killer instinct. Give the kid time and we will love the results.

Burks: he is still trying to figure out whether to drive or shoot 3. He is amazing at going to the rim. If he can take and make a few 3 pointers he will be amazing. I thought his contract was good for the jazz.

Gobert: one of my favorite plays from last night was the block and offensive foul. Thompson flat out elbowed him in the chest and he still had a clean block. That play was amazing.

Booker: I have been begging for the jazz to get meaner. Booker is an enforcer the jazz need. I see a lot of comparisons to millsap and I get it. But millsap does not play with the same anger.

Exum: every time I think he cant do something very well he improves.

Hayward: at the end of last year I heard grumbling that hayward was really upset with the style of basketball. being played. Quinn's system (more open pass first) really fits hayward. I never thought hayward would earn his new contract but he has been playing great.

Kanter: I have never understood the irrational hate directed to kanter. He is the same age as Gilbert. He is only 22. Moreover for the last two games he has been very good. Last night he played very good defense and he hustled and people still bashed him in the game thread. Look at the stats cleveland's bigs put up. Kanter played his arse off last night.

Favors: if he continues to improve his offensive game as much as he has he could be better than Dwight Howard.

Burke: is really struggling with is shot but he is just a sophomore. I love his killer instinct. Give the kid time and we will love the results.

Burks: he is still trying to figure out whether to drive or shoot 3. He is amazing at going to the rim. If he can take and make a few 3 pointers he will be amazing. I thought his contract was good for the jazz.

Gobert: one of my favorite plays from last night was the block and offensive foul. Thompson flat out elbowed him in the chest and he still had a clean block. That play was amazing.

Booker: I have been begging for the jazz to get meaner. Booker is an enforcer the jazz need. I see a lot of comparisons to millsap and I get it. But millsap does not play with the same anger.

Exum: every time I think he cant do something very well he improves.
Well done my friend

Well done my friend
I agree.
I was also very impressed by Kanter. Love had an off night; maybe he was tired. But he used to kill us a member of the TWolves. And Varejao was abused until the last quarter when he came up big with some offensive boards. Kanter and Favors did a great job inside on those two and it continued with Gobert and Booker off the bench. If you look at the numbers put up by the bigs, Utah outscored Cleveland 55-30.

And in the category of the box score not telling the whole story, you have to recognize Ingles. He has 1 assist to show for the night, but all his minutes are solid.

Booker's defense is worse than Kanter's for last 2 games. Being undersized bites your *** all the time at the end in this league even you hustle or not .

Booker's defense is worse than Kanter's for last 2 games. Being undersized bites your *** all the time at the end in this league even you hustle or not .

Have you got stats to back this up or is this just your impression only?

I like Booker a lot from the bench,But the Clippers showed being undersized in the 4th quarter will produce more losses than wins.
Favors is undersized to start with now you want him covering for an undersized 4.Kanter's defense isnt better now but his scoring and rebounding is needed and defense will get better with more playing time.

I agree with everyone that you mentioned. I hope that you don't mind me picking up on the guys that you forgot about.

Jeremy Evans- Congrats, you found the one team that would keep you around for longer than 2 years. Hope you enjoyed your stay. Now go dunk over a Nissan Titan, or a Kevin Love or what ever it is that you do.

Greg Miller- You want to run a successful basketball team?? Remember this phrase: WWYDD (What would your dad do?) The answer lies within.

Kevin O'Connor- You did as bad of a job as the Jazz general manager that you could've done. Somehow you got promoted and was given more control over the team that you single handedly set up for failure. Don't know how you did it to this day.

Jerry Sloan- I understand that you are an adviser now. I would love to give you a couple lines of Coach Q's magic powder, a horse and a machine gun and a planet of the apes video and send you out on the streets of Brooklyn to seek revenge on Deron Williams.

Too early to check stats out for meaningful consequences. It's just my impression and i think he's overrated in this forum.

He was OK, not good nor great. Early in the game Love scored a couple of nice buckets because Kanter lost him on the perimeter. With 4 minutes left he was subbed out of the game in favor of Booker. Matt Harpring commented on this saying Kanter was subbed out for 'defensive purposes'.

Kanter is a decent low post defender, but against guys who can stretch the floor like Love, he's losing him way too often. His lack of quickness doesn't help neither.

He was OK, not good nor great. Early in the game Love scored a couple of nice buckets because Kanter lost him on the perimeter. With 4 minutes left he was subbed out of the game in favor of Booker. Matt Harpring commented on this saying Kanter was subbed out for 'defensive purposes'.

Kanter is a decent low post defender, but against guys who can stretch the floor like Love, he's losing him way too often. His lack of quickness doesn't help neither.

I agreed with you about Kanter. Still last match Kanter was better than Booker and i thought Kanter would finish the game.

And Booker can not defend the post. I think shooting long 2´s are more inefficient longterm, than bullying a player who is 6´6 in the post. Booker is tough and he plays with energy, but thats about it. His flagrant foul against Love was cool, but we could have lost because of this.

Kanter needs some time, he will only get better at everything, with the season going on.

And Booker can not defend the post. I think shooting long 2´s are more inefficient longterm, than bullying a player who is 6´6 in the post. Booker is tough and he plays with energy, but thats about it. His flagrant foul against Love was cool, but we could have lost because of this.

Kanter needs some time, he will only get better at everything, with the season going on.

...everything except jumping. The dude must have a 2" vertical.

Booker is a positive influence on the team and the fans.
Plus, something went unnoticed CAKAR's analysis and that was Booker's range. dude is killing it.
Kanter has to get better (and he is) or he may lose his starting slot.

I agreed with you about Kanter. Still last match Kanter was better than Booker and i thought Kanter would finish the game.

Booker went in to guard Love on the perimeter. That's where he hurts you, especially with LeBron and Kyrie's penetration. It was a good move by Quin.

Booker went in to guard Love on the perimeter. That's where he hurts you, especially with LeBron and Kyrie's penetration. It was a good move by Quin.

Kanter was unstoppable on offense while he was taken out of the line. Defense wise he was better than his previous matches too. His shooting opened the lane for the guards and let them operate with Favors.