What's new

Quietly Exum and Lyles 6 for 7 shooting the rock and suppose to be busts

I think Exum needs more run. He has been very solid in his limited minutes. There is likely a method to Quin's madness, and it may be protecting Dante a bit and giving him confidence, but he has looked fast and strong and is a very good defender. This summer, he needs to make the same effort Hayward made last summer. He needs to take a leap for us to be near elite.

Yup, yup and yup.

Anytime Exum does anything remotely positive, you can bet your *** that tleikheen will make yet another thread about how Snyder should play him more.

This is like, what, the 20th time you've made the exact same thread?

I'll be the first to admit tleikheen is annoying with the Exum homerism.

You're almost as annoying with the anti-Exum stuff. Kid had a solid series against the clips in limited minutes, and helped us win a few games for sure.

So yeah, even though your point is valid here, the same can be said for a bunch of people here who are quiet when Exum is doing well and then quick to speak up when he makes a mistake. If anything, his play has shown that he deserves more minutes, especially when we are getting torched by quicker PGs.

That was the 1st half I believe.

I'm talking about the start of the 4th quarter. Exum was in the game and our offense went to ****.

Didn't watch, but one thing about Exum is that Snyder needs to put him on the floor with other capable offensive players. One of my biggest complaints about Quin is his WTF lineups that he likes to play with, and he's done it since he's been here. I remember one game in Portland last year where Utah had complete control of the game, only for Quin to give away a 15 point lead with a lineup that was so ridiculous, I was convinced he did it on purpose because winning wasn't the top priority and he wanted the team to have to fight through adversity. He kind of blew my theory this year when we were definitely trying to win and he still sometimes gives a team 10 points or more with some crappy lineup.

Anyway, I'll have to go watch that quarter, but I won't be surprised if Exum is on the floor in a WTF lineup.

Didn't watch, but one thing about Exum is that Snyder needs to put him on the floor with other capable offensive players. One of my biggest complaints about Quin is his WTF lineups that he likes to play with, and he's done it since he's been here. I remember one game in Portland last year where Utah had complete control of the game, only for Quin to give away a 15 point lead with a lineup that was so ridiculous, I was convinced he did it on purpose because winning wasn't the top priority and he wanted the team to have to fight through adversity. He kind of blew my theory this year when we were definitely trying to win and he still sometimes gives a team 10 points or more with some crappy lineup.

Anyway, I'll have to go watch that quarter, but I won't be surprised if Exum is on the floor in a WTF lineup.

In the 4th I believe he was with Hill, Hood, Favors, and Johnson. I might be wrong on Johnson, could have been Diaw. In the 3rd he was with Mack, and that was the lineup that cut the lead to 7. I might be wrong on that, but I think that what closed the last 3 minutes or so of the 3rd quarter.

Actually nvm. Mack cut the gap in the 3rd quarter then Exum and Hill replaced Mack/Hayward.

I'm talking about the start of the 4th quarter. Exum was in the game and our offense went to ****.

IIRC that was Hill Exum Ingles Diaw Favors

The only way for that lineup to be successful is for the 2 open men to hit shots that they have missed all season long.

I like Exum, but good lord I am sick of reading a new thread that should have been a post in a private forum with a membership of one.

I'll be the first to admit tleikheen is annoying with the Exum homerism.

You're almost as annoying with the anti-Exum stuff. Kid had a solid series against the clips in limited minutes, and helped us win a few games for sure.

What? I haven't said anything anti-exum in these playoffs, unless you count defending Snyder's lineup decisions.

I'm all for Exum getting Mack's minutes, but insinuating that they should be sharing minutes with, or are somehow better than, Ingles and Hayward is so ****ing reactionary.
Didnt you listen to the TNT commentators they were praising the Jazz for attacking the Warriors. I'm for going back to the old starting lineup. Ingles has been pretty average these playoff. He is turning over the ball more than creating opportunities. Hayward is being voerly cautious he isnt attacking the basket.

We are in trouble because the playoff Burks game would have been special. But, instead we havs Mack running the Burks role.

Sent from my SM-N920P using JazzFanz mobile app

Why are people disliking the facts?

It's probably that you are using a team situation to criticize a player that didn't do anything wrong over that stretch. Plus-minus isn't a good stat to evaluate players within a small sample size like one game. All you have to do is go back and watch that stretch to see that Exum wasn't involved in the breakdowns defensively, and was used off-ball offensively. The fact remains that Mack is shooting 25% in the playoffs, and is a worse defender than Dante. He's slower, less able to switch and stay effective. Dante is a better option to get those reserve minutes. People are annoyed with that because he is a high draft pick that is already behind developmentally because of injury. People are annoyed because this has been going on all season.

Did they even give Exum the ball during that period? If they don't give him the ball that's on them not him. In last nights game almost every time Exum touched the ball it ended up in points.

NOAS$/Wimpas$ guys like you hide behind your screens .probably a small little troll scared of men

I'm hiding?

Serious questions:

(a) how old are you?

(b) do you have any diagnosed mental limitations that I (or we) should know about?

Last edited:
Their shooting could have just been lucky shots but these two have been trashed as not deserving a chance to get onto the court.If the Jazz are to lose ,lets see if they have game.Diaw and Mack look lead foot against the Warriors and Exum and Lyles bring more athleticism and that's starting to look like what Jazz need to compete.

You are basing your topic on 1 game from 90 or so this season.

I mean, I want to see Lyles and Exum prosper too, but the Jazz are in a situation of being in the 2nd round versus arguably the unbeatable team of the league while they also are considered to be a bad matchup for the Warriors with their style of play. You want to see X and Lyles hit the court, bring intensity and earn valuable experience, but in this sitatuion you also can't risk them screwing up your plan in risky minutes because they are not ready.

there were 2 portions of the game last night that Quin trotted out wtf lineups, both times we leaked 10 points in no time.

As far as the Exum thing goes, i think now we're really not in win now mode anymore. No.1 is Mack isn't going to be here next year so what is the point in playing him ahead of Exum, and no.2 Mack is dreadful against this team. Dante may screw some stuff up but Mack is going to as well and at least Dante is long and quick enough to get after it defensively. And who knows, he might just grow a bit from the experience which i think is worth it.

Just out of curiosity, what are the most important things for you guys that Dante and Trey need to work on this off season?