What's new

Quin Snyder interview on FirstTake

i am very nervous about his response to the gobert Dm issue. He never said all is good he kind of swept it under the rug.

Last edited:
i am very nervous about his response to the gobert Dm issue. He never said all is good he kind of sweeper it under the rug.
Agreed, but Quin and Dennis rarely give a straight answer. We shall see, I don’t think it’s good but I think they’ll play together, for now. Dennis basically did the same thing, said they did have issues and will be professional. None of the comments by anyone say they are on good terms, because I don’t think they are.

Agreed, but Quin and Dennis rarely give a straight answer. We shall see, I don’t think it’s good but I think they’ll play together, for now. Dennis basically did the same thing, said they did have issues and will be professional. None of the comments by anyone say they are on good terms, because I don’t think they are.
Think we will ever truly know what Rudy did in the lockerroom?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

i am very nervous about his response to the gobert Dm issue. He never said all is good he kind of swept it under the rug.
He said the guys are in a good shape and excited to get back going. I don't think he addressed it as much directly because it's water under the bridge.

I like how everybody is avoiding the drama that it could be. Rudy did something stupid, Donovan (and others) got upset, Donovan let it slip he was upset, there was some awkward silence, now everybody has said they are good and ready to go.

I bet you can guess what the first question will be to Donovan and Rudy will be.... and it's not going to be about the first game they're about to play

He said the guys are in a good shape and excited to get back going. I don't think he addressed it as much directly because it's water under the bridge.

I like how everybody is avoiding the drama that it could be. Rudy did something stupid, Donovan (and others) got upset, Donovan let it slip he was upset, there was some awkward silence, now everybody has said they are good and ready to go.

Donovan didn't "let it slip" He's probably the most media savvy young star around. He rather deliberately allowed it to be known how angry he was / is And the Jazz left Rudy hanging when everyone wanted a piece of him

I don't think we ever will know what really happened, and don't think we should.

I am starting to revise in my mind how bad it really was though. DM seems to take personally what a few stupid fans say and get offended about it and push that out as if all fans are like that. It makes me wonder if he also took something that wasn't too terrible with Rudy and made it out to be something worse than it was in his head.

I guess we'll never know because it tough to know what's in someone else's head even if you're close to them and see them all the time. Us getting in the head of DM, or any other player is virtually impossible because we really don't know them. It's the same though in reverse for players to really understand fans based on a comment or two. It's probably just a gap in communication/understanding/terminology that causes a rift unless both sides give some leeway and assume the best of each party.

I like DM. I think he's a stand up and decent guy. I really think the same of all of the Jazz players. Do I think they are perfect and don't do/say stupid things... nope. I think there is room to allow people to be who they are and want to be, support each other, and not have to agree with everything the other pary is/says/does and still be good with each other. I think 99% of all Jazz fans adore DM, Rudy, Ingles & Bogey and even though the adoration drops a bit they all support the team and the players even if they start to get creative and critical of who should stay, who should go, who should play, who we should trade for, and all that. Even with that the fans all support every player, want them all to break out to be all star, all world players and to win a million championships for Utah. There is too much support and love for a few stupid fans and ignorant/stupid comments to ruin these awesome players love and support of our communities. These really are the best players that do a ton for the communities of Utah.

I don't think we ever will know what really happened, and don't think we should.

I am starting to revise in my mind how bad it really was though. DM seems to take personally what a few stupid fans say and get offended about it and push that out as if all fans are like that. It makes me wonder if he also took something that wasn't too terrible with Rudy and made it out to be something worse than it was in his head.

I guess we'll never know because it tough to know what's in someone else's head even if you're close to them and see them all the time. Us getting in the head of DM, or any other player is virtually impossible because we really don't know them. It's the same though in reverse for players to really understand fans based on a comment or two. It's probably just a gap in communication/understanding/terminology that causes a rift unless both sides give some leeway and assume the best of each party.

I like DM. I think he's a stand up and decent guy. I really think the same of all of the Jazz players. Do I think they are perfect and don't do/say stupid things... nope. I think there is room to allow people to be who they are and want to be, support each other, and not have to agree with everything the other pary is/says/does and still be good with each other. I think 99% of all Jazz fans adore DM, Rudy, Ingles & Bogey and even though the adoration drops a bit they all support the team and the players even if they start to get creative and critical of who should stay, who should go, who should play, who we should trade for, and all that. Even with that the fans all support every player, want them all to break out to be all star, all world players and to win a million championships for Utah. There is too much support and love for a few stupid fans and ignorant/stupid comments to ruin these awesome players love and support of our communities. These really are the best players that do a ton for the communities of Utah.
Agreed, and I hope Don can realize he has a store here, a bridge, has always had good things to say about the community, and has been treated like a king here. We do have improvements to make in our community as well, I’m not naive to that, but I think most people have good hearts and we have amazing guys on our team that have overwhelming support to hear from them and stand by them. And Don can actually make a huge difference for the positive here as well, along with all of them. Black lives matter. And I want them to all know they’re loved. In fact if you have twitter or IG we should all send Don a positive tweet or DM on IG. He should know that the comments aren’t most. He has every right to be upset with some of the comments, hopefully he realizes he has overwhelming love and support as well. I am happy the Jazz and Quin and social media have been involved and active in this. It’s a conversation that needs to be had in our community and beyond.