What's new

"Quin Snyder, may I introduce you to Miye Oni? He is on your roster and available to play."

Seeing Jazz fans on twitter saying Oni should get Royce's or Joes spot in the rotation once Joe is back from injury. So stupid and yet so predictable. Lol
Royce is shooting 1000% from 3 right now and actually hit a contested one last night. I think Bojan needs maybe a small reduction in minutes... Maybe Joe takes a bunch of games off... Mike can takes some off too if DM starts to be consistent.

Niang has been on fire last few games and is playing defense... ever since he started playing Michelle Branch's "Just Breathe" pre-game he is making everything.

There just aren't rotation minutes available yet. We will no doubt have some Covid absences and all our guys will get to play.

Oni also wasn't like amazing last night... Murray missed some shots finally. Oni was fine. He's the new shiny toy doe... so everyone wants to see him.

Why are we comparing Oni to a dead person?
Oni already has a clear understanding of what he is... Dante still is like a pg/sf who can drive kinda and is a good defender but not super disruptive. I think he will be quite good for us in his role at some point.

Royce is shooting 1000% from 3 right now and actually hit a contested one last night. I think Bojan needs maybe a small reduction in minutes... Maybe Joe takes a bunch of games off... Mike can takes some off too if DM starts to be consistent.

Niang has been on fire last few games and is playing defense... ever since he started playing Michelle Branch's "Just Breathe" pre-game he is making everything.

There just aren't rotation minutes available yet. We will no doubt have some Covid absences and all our guys will get to play.

Oni also wasn't like amazing last night... Murray missed some shots finally. Oni was fine. He's the new shiny toy doe... so everyone wants to see him.

I agree, Oni will get minutes this season with guy's being out of the lineup. I think he's played well in limited minutes in Joe's absence and expect him to keep playing well when he gets opportunities. I think he has a chance to be a good player in a year or two. I just find it hilarious how quick this fan base is to turn on players. After everything Joe and Royce have done over the years and some people are ready to send them to the end of the bench in favor of an unproven guy that's played like 30 non garbage minutes his whole career.

I agree, Oni will get minutes this season with guy's being out of the lineup. I think he's played well in limited minutes in Joe's absence and expect him to keep playing well when he gets opportunities. I think he has a chance to be a good player in a year or two. I just find it hilarious how quick this fan base is to turn on players. After everything Joe and Royce have done over the years and some people are ready to send them to the end of the bench in favor of an unproven guy that's played like 30 non garbage minutes his whole career.
He didn't even get a shot up in 12 minutes. Everyone needs to chill the eff out.

Well to win in the playoffs even your rarely used guys have to bring something. I think Oni gets better in alot areas with time and reps. I don't think he should be placed in front of someone but I do think he will help win games if Covid or injury hits this team.

Well to win in the playoffs even your rarely used guys have to bring something. I think Oni gets better in alot areas with time and reps. I don't think he should be placed in front of someone but I do think he will help win games if Covid or injury hits this team.
For sure... and before Niang finally started making shots Oni had a great case to jump him in the rotation. If he has another funk then I can see Oni pickup up those minutes.

In all fairness, Joe has been semi retired for the past 3 seasons.

In all fairness, Joe has been semi retired for the past 3 seasons.
I kind of agree, but unless you're including this season, don't you mean the past 2 seasons? Joe's best year was 17-18 when Mitchell was a rookie, which was 3 seasons ago

I kind of agree, but unless you're including this season, don't you mean the past 2 seasons? Joe's best year was 17-18 when Mitchell was a rookie, which was 3 seasons ago

Yeah he's a shell at this point. Love him but wouldn't be hurt if we could trade him for an upgrade.

That's ridiculous, Joes been great the last 3 seasons. One of the better role players in the entire league.

Yep, but you cannot deny he has for the past few seasons not been nearly as aggressive with shooting. Not sure if he just wants to protect his percentage or he just doesn't care that much anymore. But those factors among a few other things lead me to believe he is and has been semi retired for a few years.

Joe and O'neal passing up wide open 3s cost us the win in the playoffs last year. No doubt.