JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

Jazz are hot? Who cares when you're wet!

Jazz are in a good place at the moment, gonna be tough to overtake them for that final play-in spot. Two teams in opposite directions.

The Jazz (19-20)...have won eight of their last 10 games — including ones against the Denver Nuggets, Milwaukee Bucks, Philadelphia 76ers and Dallas Mavericks.

Coincidentally, these are all teams the Lakers haven't beaten this year (admittedly, they have yet to play Milwaukee).

LEBRON IS OUT TONIGHT VS JAZZ

Lakers beat Minnesota without LeBron. But that was before we got into this chemistry damaging slump.

I wish this was the final game with this roster but we know no trades are coming for another 5-10 games

1st Half

I liked Dunn in college. He’s disappointed as a high draft pick but looks like a serviceable PG now. He’s someone I would’ve liked to take a flier on at the min.

Seems the Jazz didn't get the memo about playing off questionable shooters

Cam’s starting to provide no defense whatsoever. This would have been a good starting lineup with Vando.

That paint defense without Kessler is Swiss cheese

Jazz swarming AD

Holy **** both AR and DLo are cooking am I dreaming someone pinch me

Energy is better without bron downvote all u want u know its true at this point

No LeOldMan to ruin our momentum

LeBron haters coming out of the sewers for their minute of fame.

These are the kinda games that can re-energize a team and fan base. Most fun I've had watching this team in awhile.

I’ve said it before but Rui has ****ed Hams daughter or something. Rui is a straight bucket and just gets benched

Vando looks so lost I hate it cause he was amazing last season but damn has he regressed

We’re 100% not better without Bron, BUT at his old age Bron can kinda become a ball stopper sometimes and I think that leads to everyone just standing around often. People are definitely moving around better tn without him

Jazz are playing chess Ham is playing Snakes and ladders

D-LO!!!! 3!!! what a quarter!

Best bench in the league crapping all over the bed so far

Why play a zone when our guards can’t defend their bigs?

Cam reddish and vando have done some cardio that’s it 0 points 0 rebounds and 1 assist and one shot attempt between the two

Markkkaannnen looks like a handful

Prince needs to practice passing with a medicine ball or something, those passes are so weak

I'll blame that shot on El Nino

A Lauri AD front court would be so bad ***.

Sexton snorted before the game or something? Bro so damn jumpy

How did every one of our players from last year outside of Bron/AD manage to fall off lol

These refs must have asthma, what's with all the late whistles

Utah might tail off a bit in the second half on a back to back

Only a matter of time before jazz make their run, this is pretty horrible basketball saved by some improbable shot making from D'Lo

No sets, no organisation, no nothing, just throwing **** at the wall hoping something sticks

Vanderbilt has been incredibly mediocre this season. He has no offense and that defensive prowess is completely gone, he only fouls and grabs a few rebounds a game now and that's about it.

So the Jazz can have like 4 7-footers, and we can’t get one decent backup center?

Teams will only start targeting Reaves more and more by the game

To those saying we don't need to trade because we will be giving up our future... what future? Our ****** picks and role players? Bron and AD have been our 2 best players since Kobe, we should be in win now mode.

Lauri is good man.

Sexton does all the dirty tricks. Threw AR to the floor there. I saw him block AR from getting on the court in an inbound earlier.

Lebron out, AD not playing well offensively, but Lakers got a lead at the half because Dlo and Reaves are stepping up.

Davis just wanted to draw fouls, like he did against Raptors. Smh

AD is being doubled on every possession. We need to continue hitting shots else its over because Jazz will definitely go a run

Collin sexton burns me

2nd Half

Ugh...AD 4 of 14... not great. Kind of sucks to shoot like that when the guards (D'Lo and Reaves) are shooting so well.

AD been trash on offense for 2nd game in a row

that keyonte george is the player taken before JHS can be a useful player on the lakers

Lakers playing way better without the oldy dude!

Bron asking if he can come back to pad his stats for the second half now that Lakers are capable of beating Utah without him.

Vando taketh ...

Vando giveth

Forget Lauri. Can we get Kessler?

only down by 5…we got this!

Sexton climbing fast on my list of players to dislike he’s trying to ****ing kill our guards tonight *******

One of the most annoying thing about being a Lakers fan is seeing how bad of a whistle we get and then having to hear every other fanbase complain about **** being rigged for us

At this point its hilarious how often AD misses a layup, then the other team drops a 3. I'd parlay the **** out of that if Vegas gave me those odds.

ahh ofc George came into this game shooting 27% from 3 this month so naturally he will make every important 3 tonight.

Omg I have to watch the Utah dance cam my eyes!

I thought ya’ll said the Jazz defense was bad. Why cant AD score more points than shots taken?

Oh what's this? A coach using a challenge when there's an obvious bad call? Didn't know that was possible

This guy Keyonte making everything

How can these little guys be more aggresive than our bigs?

imagine if hardy was the coach instead of potato head... the players actually play hard for hardy and trust him.

how do we have the worst laker roster ever assembled two years in a row

this is like the 3rd straight game Utah starts out shootling like this, these dudes are unconscious

Ngl Vando is probably one of the worst NBA players i have ever seen.

**** AD...only superstar on the court and he playing worse than Sexton

Off is ****. Def is ****. Players body language is ****. Ham really needs to go ASAP. We are not even doing anything good.

Hachimura should just order an XL nachos and enjoy them with LBJ.

We literally complain every possession and don't get back. 4v5 bang. Smh

I see why the jazz would want so much for lauri. That boy is good

Whole nba is giving us facials.

Sexton gets lucky every time lol… literally just throwing it up and it’s getting a lucky bounce or roll

KELLY OLYNK U *************

Jazz shooting below their team average from 3 when teams normally Cook us... JEEEEEEZZZZ I WONDER WHY?!?!?

Jazz bear has the same handles as Cam Reddish.

Every rookie in this league is making impact but ours lmao. I wish George fell to us I heard we liked him

This loss is on AD.. can't miss 12 of last 13 shots man

Oh yeah a pull up transition three from a dude name “Keynote George”. It’s over.

I would ship Dlo and Reaves for lauri markkanen in a heartbeat

This might be the worse triple double I have ever seen.

We are digging ourselves a hole we will not be able to climb out of at 2 games below .500z the 7 seed is 7 games above. Fire Ham. Also who tf is #4??

Hands in his pocket playing with his dick all game long.

Reaves and Prince are -17 and -19. Seems like the same thing the past few games. Both are putting up horrible minutes.

5-18 for Davis, the fact that we are even in this is a testament to the rest of the team. I'm so disappointed in AD right now. He's been so good until the last couple of games!

As soon as AD crowed about his jumper a few days ago, there it went.

Post-Game

Bein on the verge of being tied for 11th place at this point in The season is so depressing. We’re worse than tanking Utah

I don't think Utah is tanking. They've won 10 out of their last 12 games

Teams fade in Utah’s altitude but AD’s 15 points on 19 shots in really bad. I’ve seen him miss multiple layups tonight.

This Keyonte Guy killed the Lakers all night

5-21 when you are the best player on the floor is unacceptable. I love AD's game but this was a wasted opportunity and in large part due to his awful shooting.

Vando hasn't bn able to handle Clarkson all game ... not encouraging

If AD is wearing down Lakers are in big trouble

We got smoked on the boards and lost at FT line of all things. That is the difference in this game.

AD got himself a Westbrook statline tonight with the obligatory lost

What did I miss? 39 free throws huh? How the **** did that happen?

Jazz shot 31 free throws in the 2nd half.

Is this fixable?

this easy part of schedule, no back to backs, mostly home, not traveling east, is disconcerting

Reaves the worst +/- on the team again … ITS TIME TO TRADE HIM

Will any trade fix this team?

TRADE THE WHOLE TEAM WE SHOULD NOT BE THIS BAD MAN

Anthony Davis Tonight 5-21 from the field 0-1 from 3 6 turnovers

Jazz shot 39 FTs but I'm told the league is rigged for the Lakers

Take D'Lo's contributions away and the Lakers get blown out by 30 points or more because AD was not on point. D'Lo isn't the problem. One of the issues is the refusal to move AD back to PF and play their centers for rebounds and defense. It's worked for Giannis and Towns.

Lakers are broken. You can see it in their body language

If AD gets an All Star selection he should give it back.

The difference in athleticism between these teams is huge.

season is over

Without Lebron ball monopoly the Lakers actually more competitive not to mentioned D’Angelo played well

I spend hours every week to go out of my way and watch these games and for what? I’m embarrassed by this team right now. Hopefully can pull it together and maybe run a couple rebounding drills in practice to ease the f**ing pain.

What does Ham have to do to get fired?

Trade everyone and i mean everyone

We have a deeply flawed roster with a bunch of EXTREME one way players with a bad coach to boot.

There is absolutely 0 reason to watch laker games anymore except maybe for purely appreciating the fact LeBron is nearing the end and dont want to take it for granted(thats what i'll be doing)

That is, unless a dramatic trade(s) happens and even then i have 0 faith in this coach to make it work

AD sucked tonight, its alright, he's had a great year, a stinker was due. Us hovering at .500 with AD&Bron playing on an all nba level for an entire year was bound to bite us sooner or later.

WE NOT MAKING IT OUT OF THE MENTAL INSTITUTION WITH THIS TEAM

AD picked a bad time to have a bad game and it wasted a rare hot 3 point shooting night from the rest of the team

“Another huge game for DLO when it matters least”

There is something fundamentally broken with this team. They are not playing up to their potential at all. There’s too much talent on this roster to be THIS bad lmao

Continuing to waste more time thinking that this roster has a chance to beat the other elite teams in the NBA. No mid-season trade is saving this season

We might be cooked

Might as well pack it in as fans because the team has already given up.

**** this ownership

**** this FO

**** this Coach

Bron & AD for sake of your careers request a trade.

We are *** & will be till we have this cheap ownership.

Vanderbilt getting a 48 million dollar contact is the greatest heist of all time

Refs blowing whistles just to see if they work...

We can easily be 4 games below .500 this time Wednesday night. Maybe Westbrook wasn’t the problem.

We got killed on the glass. Utah had a 15 rebound advantage.

I have said this since the beginning of the year....this team is not athletic enough compared to teams around the league, and Bron cares not about the regular season. All he wants is his roster by the trade deadline...new roster plays well enough and makes it in somewhere into the playoffs and Bron bets he can do damage in the playoffs...

Wow, second half free throw advantage: Jazz had 31 free throws in the second half, Lakers had 8.

Half of this team knows there getting traded prior to the trade deadline, most of these are playing for themselves instead of the team, you can blame that on Pelinka and the FO, this team needs to get revamped in a big big way

Will Hardy knows how to get the most out of his players wouldn't mind him coaching the team.

AD and Bron always bricking layups that lead to open 3’s on the other end. Happens every game. Theyre great players but they miss a lot of easy layups. Then you see players like Sexton making everything around the rim and you’re like WTF.

FOR A TEAM TO BE PLAYING LIKE THIS OUT OF A HOME STAND IS ****ING PATHETIC. THEY HAD TIME TO PRACTICE, THEY HAD TIME TO REST, THIS IS PATHETIC. I WANT TO THROW UP.

getting outplayed by a rebuilding team, lebron should demand a trade to a contender asap this teams cooked

This game feels like whos playing to not get traded lol

Quotes from around the league

It wasn’t even 2 minutes, it was 1 minute and 17 seconds. In fact to make it even worse, it was on back to back to back possessions till he got fouled out. First Clarkson, then Sexton then George.

The Jazz guards ran a train on him

The Jazz might not lose another game ever again wtf

Jazz have size. That’s their biggest strength. They beat the Nuggs easily the other day

How did they lose to Utah. Damn I'm sleeping on the Jazz mb.

tbf Jazz are beating everybody

is this the worst triple double in history? bro couldn't hit a layup

Man I would love Kelly O as a backup center in OKC but I doubt you guys are sellers at the deadline you’ve been looking good lately.

Utah is hella slept on I see you Jazz fans

Lol Reaves flopped his way into an ankle injury. That was a Draymond style kick out

Utah is legitimate

jazz are a buzzsaw rn, tearing through teams

Anthony Davis about to get the ugliest triple double I’ve ever seen lmao

I think if you shoot below 25% your triple double should be voided

Utah are so much fun to watch

This was supposed to be a 20 point blowout from the moment ball was tipped because Utah is ran like an actual basketball team

D'Lo's improbable shotmaking only delayed the inevitable

Great defense by the Jazz on AD, especially down the stretch, and amazing maturity from some of the young guys like Keyonte George and Collin Sexton.

D-Lo statement game tho. Lakers must be happy he’s increasing that trade value

Lauri was very good guarding AD. He's an underrated defender.

the jazz are a joy to watch and lauri should be an all star, good game best friends from the west!!!

Jazz having Clarkson coming off the bench has done them wonders.

Jazz are 11-2 in their last 13 games.. they’re coming for everyone.

Would be crazy if jazz somehow makes it into the western playoffs over Lakers/suns/warriors.

Simone, with +16 on zero points, might be my favorite Jazz stat of the year.

With how tight the West is, the Jazz could easily make the playoffs outright, not even messing with the Play-In. I don't think anyone predicted that a month ago.

Not sure that 4/45 contract will age well.
It wont. Its actually 4/48 and even has a player option. Rich Paul ripping the Lakers is ironical.

They thought of him like a Walmart-version of Dennis Rodman, but they forgot to ask if you really need such a player in the modern NBA. Also Unlike Rodman, Vando doesnt have a single elite skill, unless you count hustling as a skill.

Jazz are in a good place at the moment, gonna be tough to overtake them for that final play-in spot. Two teams in opposite directions.

I liked Dunn in college. He’s disappointed as a high draft pick but looks like a serviceable PG now. He’s someone I would’ve liked to take a flier on at the min

We’re 100% not better without Bron, BUT at his old age Bron can kinda become a ball stopper sometimes and I think that leads to everyone just standing around often. People are definitely moving around better tn without him
These fans are just too smart and level headed to make fun of. What happened to that boneheaded interloper that used to terrorize this site?
Jazz are playing chess Ham is playing Snakes and ladders
This one made me laugh out loud.

We got smoked on the boards and lost at FT line of all things

What did I miss? 39 free throws huh? How the **** did that happen?

Jazz shot 31 free throws in the 2nd half.

Refs blowing whistles just to see if they work...

Wow, second half free throw advantage: Jazz had 31 free throws in the second half, Lakers had 8.
Ain't life a BITCH!

1. The majority of Lakers’ fans are basketball idiots. Look how many of these numbskulls don’t understand that AD had a bad game - and Reaves/D-Lo a good one - because of the Jazz’s defensive schemes, not because of some internal motivation quotient.

2. The most irritating thing about Lakers’ fans is their assumption that any player on an opposing team can be acquired and would love to play in LA. Big market arrogance.

3. **** ‘em. Always happy to see the Lakers lose.

4. LeHoodie looked so sad. Good. Spent his entire career trying to orchestrate super teams and finally ran into a Pelinka-sized problem he can’t solve. Boo hoo.