What's new

Quotes from Mavs fans. . .

Coach Ellis

https://www.scout.com/nba/mavericks...-game26thread-mavericks-jazz-december-16-2016

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1498925

My favorite new post game tradition.

• 7 rebounds for Favors...8 for the Mavs team...

• Remember when Hayward vs. Parsons was a debate?

• Hayward vs who? Oh yeah...the virgin.

• Total rebounds at the half... 8. I still can't believe it.

• Getting outrebounded by a 2:1 ratio is pathetic.

• Not that many rebounds around, when the other team shoots 65%.

• Yet we're only down by 6. Maybe saving energy from not rebounding is the way to go.

• The moving screen on Hammons against Exum was BS. Screw you flopping Aussie.

• I see what they are talking about with needing more "tiger" from Hammons. He plays like he's apologizing... He's the Eyeor of the NBA....
"Oh well...probably couldn't have gotten the rebound anyway...He's better...probably'll score twenty on me."

• Man Justin. Look at that white dude with the 80s haircut. Did you not see White Men Can´t Jump. Even if you knew nothing about Ingles, let the stereotypes flow through you and not give him a wide open three.

• Jesus these Utah fans are bitter.

• They found Mejri on the internet?

• Mejri hit so hard he decides to crash into Curry... ...

• Deron the tank commander, LOL. What an idiot. Hehe.

• Guys check Mejri reaction to Rodney last basket. Lol

• By the way, Rodney Hood is a definite Mavs killer.

(Bonus Clutchfans post. . .)

• What a great ending!

Figures that Deron Williams, who ruined the Jazz Franchise for many years took the shot early with 8 seconds left to let the Jazz win.

Jazz fans are so happy he forced his way out of Utah.

Quotes from the Dallas Mavericks forums

https://www.scout.com/nba/mavericks/forums/2144-mavericks-discussion/15247961-mavs-100-jazz-103
https://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=39663
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2016/...we-learned-from-the-mavs-103-100-loss-at-utah
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2016/12/16/13991210/game-thread-dallas-mavericks-at-utah-jazz#comments

dang it my two favorite teams. Aw screw it, GO*MAVS!!!

tell powell to flop against gobert

19-7 rebounds how tf is that possible?

Rodney hates us right? He light us up a lot

sucky defense. Utah isn't necessarily the best offensive team in the history of the world.

joe ingles of all players scoring open shots on us

letting the Jazz shoot 62 percent?

They're feasting in the paint

only 8 rebounds at the half

Should be a very straightforward loss. On a sidenote, Gobert needs to win DPOY this year. Kid is a freakin' beast on defense.

Poor Powell...Gobert abusing him

Thank you D-Will for being a flipping idiot! That was a lot closer than it should have been, but I'll take the L.

Deron clearly did that because he wanted to quiet the crowd that had been heckeling him all night long. He saw a wide open look and took it....unfortunately with 9 seconds left. lol. Emotion overides logic.

If Mavs had good record and not tanking this season, I would be super angry with D-will. That's way too crazy for a veteran

I know he had a good game over all, bute in the end, HE lost the game … what a bad decision … you can run the clock to 0.00 … ok, we looked tired, noone knows, what OT would have looked like but we had all the momentum in the world*

what the **** was deron doing???????

did deron just waste a shot?

Hood again! Still remembered last year.

F*** me f*** me f*** me. f*** f*** f***

No excuse imo, from coach or otherwise for D. Will taking that shot with 8 seconds remaining. A veteran should know better than to do such. I guess his ego took over and he wanted to score the game winner before the Utah crowd that at one time revered him. Cost us the game most likely as we had the momentum going into OT. D Will is an interesting study these days in the sense that he knows he is on the "bubble" with the Mavs as to whether they decide to keep him and at what level salary/contract years. He loves the big paychecks as we have learned from his past. Wonder whether he is trying to remain a Mav's keeper or showcase himself for possible contender trade and shot at one last lucrative contract ?

The Jazz show us the ghost of Mavs future?
The Utah Jazz have quietly(ish) grown into one of the West’s most promising young teams. Gobert, fresh off a max contract, looks like he’ll soon be in the conversation about the NBA’s most dominant centers. Add to that, a young core of Hayward, Hood, and Exum coupled with veteran leaders like*George Hill*and you have everywhere the Mavs organization would want to be once Dirk retires.
But the Jazz have paid for those players with bad basketball. Their only playoff appearance in the last six years was a first round loss to the*Spurs*in 2012 and over the span the Jazz have finished 17.66 games back from the number one seed in the West on average. Sure the Mavs would love to have young pieces the like the Jazz do right now, but are we willing to pay the price? Only time will tell.

The Jazz are a prime example
Of how rebuilding can be done. And the Mavs in theory can do it even better because they are a better market than Utah.
But what has Utah done? Spent a couple of years drafting well, growing young guys*THEN*added key veterans to help them get over tjw hump. A couple of other young teams are doing that. But really look at Utah ’s draft they have been drafting so well for so many years going back to Dwill, Kirilenko, and Millsap to recent years with Exum, Gobbert, Hayward, Hood, Lyles, Burks. They could even afford shipping Kanter and Burke. Anyways, somewhat relevant to another article a couple of days ago.
On the game this is an excellent example why Williams is not a good fit for the Mavs. Too many minutes for a guy who can’t handle it anymore, which leads to too many mental errors down the stretch. If i want an ill advised shot then might as well get Gibson in there.

But now, it really is time to rebuild. And other than*OKC*who probably has the best draft record ever with the drafting of Durant-Westbrook-Harden-Ibaka in consecutive drafts, I agree with you that Utah Jazz is a prime example of building through the draft. IT DOESN’T*MATTER*WHERE*THESE*GUYS*DRAFT*–*LOTTERY,*MID- or*LATE*1ST*ROUND,*THEY*HAVE*BEEN*FINDING*NBA*PLAYERS:
2008 #23 Kosta Koufos
2009 #20 Eric Maynor
2010 #9 Gordon Hayward
2011 #3 Enes Kanter
2011 #12 Alec Burks
2013 #14 Shabazz Muhammad (Traded to Minnesota for draft rights to #9 Trey Burke)
2013 #21 Gorgui Dieng (Traded to Minnesota for draft rights to #9 Trey Burke)
2013 #27 Rudy Gobert*
2015 #12 Trey Lyles
2014 #5 Dante Exum
2014 #23 Rodney Hood
2015 #12 Taurean Prince (traded to get George Hill)

don't forget Utah also plucked Wes Matthews from nowhere
those guys know how to scout talent.. maybe 2nd best only to the Spurs

Those fans seem a lot more realistic and down to earth than most of the fans we have seen these threads on. Maybe that comes with being close in a game they had no business winning? Or maybe from being a bad team?

What a contrast to one of the other Texas team's forum. Remind me to never ever go to Houston.

These quotes from opponents forums is quickly becoming a staple in my post gameday routine.

Thanks JazzAvenues

Strange how another team's fans think the Jazz draft well, but you constantly see threads here saying we are the worst. Grass is always greener.

Those fans seem a lot more realistic and down to earth than most of the fans we have seen these threads on. Maybe that comes with being close in a game they had no business winning? Or maybe from being a bad team?

These are a lot of fans that root for the Dallas cowboys. U know this, right??

These are a lot of fans that root for the Dallas cowboys. U know this, right??
Then maybe they don't care as much about the Mavs because the Cowgirls are good? Or probably the ones that are cowboys fans have stopped watching the Mavs all together right now.

These Mavs fans aren't the brightest. They should be taking these games with a grain of salt and embracing, enjoying, their run at Markelle Fultz.

It's going to be interesting watching the big dogs (Mavs, Lakers, Heat, etc.) go through rebuilding under the new CBA. The Jazz are the blueprint now. Most of these teams look at GS and OKC (w/Durant), who took 2-3 years to really come together, and think rebuilding happens in a year or two. We've been rebuilding since 2011. That 6 ****ing years before looking like a good team. All this time invested in development, wasted time trying to stop gap with Al and Paul, it takes patience. Fans are in for a new era. Hopefully, being forced to home grow your talent will make fans for invested and more loyal to their team and its roster.