What's new

Quotes from Mavs' forums Game 4-"Clarkson is just too good...without him this would be 3-0 Mavs right now"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

It will be interesting to see if Luka gets the same calls as Brunson and Dinwiddie were getting over the course of the 1st 3 games.

I think both of those guys were avg around 7 FT's attempts per game.

So it'll be interesting to see if the ref's swallow their whistle in regards to Luka. But then again Brunson and Dinwiddie doesn't have a history with the ref's like Luka does

The Jazz will be super angry, very tough game... But win this one could mean end of the series.

As a 6 point underdog I believe we cover but I want the win.

1st Half

Sometimes if I big's just boxed out I think they could get Gobert to go over the back more.

The problem is our bigs seem to be out of position on most offensive rebounds they give up.

Utah is out for blood, we're bricking 3s and only down by 1. Not bad.

Down by 1 shooting 30%. Very fortunate

I’m not saying the Mavs haven’t gotten their share of FTs but every time Clarkson or Mitchell charges to the hoop completely out of control and throws up anything, they are getting an automatic call. Prime example that Bertans call

I think we all knew the downside of bringing Luka back was the Mavs were going to stand around and watch more.

The honeymoon with Dinwiddie is over, right?

He has never been really good in any year since he's in the league. I wanted to see him continue his streak, but he has been average to bad for a while now.

Man UTA is getting literally EVERY whistle.

I know Donwiddie isn’t exactly a sniper, but he’s gotta find his shooting form, this is brutal

Probably not going to win another game in Utah...getting one over there is usually all you can hope for in a series. Either we lose the series or we take it in 7 at home

Brunson and Dinwiddie just aren't attacking the paint as much with him and the ball doesn't move side to side as much.

I was afraid they would go back to Luka/Powell PNR problem is the Jazz have size to stop Powell from being super effective on that lob stuff

This looks familiar. We can’t touch Mitchell Luka shoved and slapped without a call

I really don’t like Clarkson. Dude acts too cool to be out there

Sure Jazz playing better D, but It's basically about not hitting 3s, like game 1. To be fair games 2 and 3 were not sustainable.

Jazz just shutting us down...Mavs look confused and lost on offense. They can't even initiate anything until there's 8 seconds on the shotclock

Luka 4-9, everyone else 5-27.

If we can't shoot well from three then we won't win...it's as simple as that. The Jazz have better offensive players who can get 2-point shots. If both teams are shooting poorly then that favors Utah like game 1 because they have more players who can get easier buckets.

Utah, and Donovan Mitchell in particular are such frauds. Fake tough guys.

27% is laughable. Guys need to make their shots. The looks are definitely there and all the Jazz are doing differently is picking up full court.

I thought National broadcasters were supposed to build hype and interest by delving into storylines not sucking the home teams dick

Gobert got the Mavs scared to attack the paint

Luka +1, Jalen -4, Dinwiddie -18. They're losing with
Dinwiddie being alone in the court. Maybe Brunson should play more with Dinwiddie than Luka.

7-30 shooting and 3-20 from deep. That’s the numbers from the same guys that played without Luka for three games.

The Jazz full court pickup has definitely had an effect.

Still very disappointing to see the confidence and swagger from “the others” has just disappeared while Luka has to carry.

They need to find that rhythm. Lucky to be down 12 and Kidd has out coached Snyder all series so hopefully he does that again at halftime.

Jazz playing well. This is do or die for them. Mavs need to have a good third quarter so they sweat a little in the fourth.

I thought Whiteside play early with a few blocks was a catalyst to a Jazz run. Mavs getting Ok looks but the ball movement isn't as crisp as it has been.

Jalen needs to shoot a higher percentage and the Mavs really need Dinwiddie to show up. A zero in the first half. It would also be nice to get hot from three soon.

Wonderful job doubling a garbage shooter in Mitchell and leaving a 7’3 big wide open

Damn Dwight Powell folded

Props to Snyder for not allowing Luka to beat him

I hated that last play call tho. Shoulda expected a double and gave ourselves more time to swing the ball vs forcing a 3 when it’s a 1 point game

2nd Half

Going to need Luca to be on attack mode in the 2nd half. His teammates are shooting like garbage today.

**** the Jazz. Destroy them and salt the earth so they have no option but to have a fire sale this summer.

4:20 played in the 4th.
Jazz 2
Mavs 2

Kleber 5th foul. Two were absolute horse ****

Man I don't like this Luka ISO on Gobert basketball while everyone else stands and watches.

Kidd needs to use Brunson until Luka is back in rythm later in this series

Powell is battling. Can’t argue that. Rudy is just too big

They need someone who can pull Gobert out the paint on defense

We’ve scored 11 pts in 9 min

****. 5-0 run

**** the Jazz and **** the Refs and **** the NBA

Gotta get a better shot than that.

God ****ing damnit. So close

Bad final possession. Luka waited too long. Almost would have like JB try to drive baseline as he brought it up, but understand the play had to go through Luka. Back to Dallas all tied up.

42 to 23 free throw advantage for Utah

Gobert is keeping Utah in the game right now. Let's get a patented Mavs 4th quarter and push them to the edge.

It’s all about Clarkson, in my opinion.

Clarkson is just too good...without him this would be 3-0 Mavs right now even without Luka

Clarkson cannot miss. It was great defense by Bullock. Just better offense.

They finally used the Gobert switch on Luka to keep him away from the basket. That’s the real Luka gravity that changes the Jazz scheme entirely. Gobert won’t run away from Luka.

Kidd looks silly explaining why he didn’t advance the ball. You always advance there so you have more time to setup a good shot. By the time Luca crossed over, there was very little time to get it over to Spence. Just a brutal decision and last possession. That’s on Kidd

Too much Luka Doncic down the stretch
If you watched this game like I did (in a straightjacket) you might have been screaming at Doncic down the stretch when he attacked Rudy Gobert and took difficult shots when he could’ve passed. And yes, he did hit a huge three to give Dallas a four point lead, but he also fouled Mitchell on an and one to give the lead right back. We’re all huge Doncic fans here, but he tried too do too much and it cost Dallas in a big way.

Maxi Kleber’s fouls changed the game and the rotation
The three bad fouls Kleber picked up in the first quarter resulted in so many downhill problems it’s hard to know where to start. For one, it meant more Dwight Powell who played 24 minutes. He might’ve played more anyway with Doncic back, but Powell got worked on rebounds and defense despite how hard he tried.

That Mitchell off rebound was the turning point of the match just like that O'Neale off rebound in G1 and the subsequent 3pt play.

Got the lead, got the ball, less than one minute. Close it boys!

LUKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

How many ****ing elbows is Utah going to get away with?????????

Come on Dwight please knock them down

It was right there. The Jazz got away with so much.
Powell is useless.

Such a painful choke. And what an idiotic set on that last possession. Could haunt this franchise. The series was over.

Pathetic finish from Luka. Awful play calling forcing it to Luka rather than use the mismatches.

That was a terrible set. You knew the double was coming and you got it to him so damn late. I wish JB would have just gone himself.

The refs were always going to be in the Jazz’s pocket. They had the game won and choked it. That’s all there is to it.

can someone explain to me why luka passed to him when he could run clock down? Am I only one seeing this, Luka choked

Luka playing hero ball and not letting Brunson do his thing

How is frenchie mad? He hacks dudes every play with his off arm, now they’re just calling it

Stupid Jazz team with their stupid weird name that should be in New Orleans.

Shutout to Bogdanovic, great effort and D

That was brutal. The decision not to advance the ball to half court was terrible. The only reason to not advance it is to get the head of steam.But then Brunson stops and hands it to Luka with half the clock gone. That leaves just enough time to get doubled. Do better Jason Kidd.

Why Luka act like he had 20 seconds left on the clock on final possession

This is ALL on Powell, HOW!!!

powell with the epic choke.

WHAT THE **** WAS THAT LAST PLAY

Powell has gotta be better

This playoffs has featured the worst execution in NBA history, yet that last play will still be memorable for terribleness.

This L make me sick ...i cant sleep

Post Game

I’m not sure this bunch as is can win a playoff series. This feels like a significant turning point for Utah.

Almost. On one hand Mavs were lucky as Utah missed a ton of open threes. On the other hand Mavs bench didn't contribute much this time with only 13 points combined.

Mavs ball movement was way better the first 3 games… just sayin

Utah got away with a lot. I think that was a clear flagrant on Gobert elbow to Luka face.

Frontcourt is just too much of a weakness for this team. It requires Kleber to shoot well and stay on the floor so that they can continue to run their 5-out offense. When he fouled out, they were in trouble. With Powell, he can't space the floor so it just turned into a Luka ISO-fest. And even with that, they still should have won if Powell makes both free throws.

That is one of the bigger chokes in Mavs playoff history, especially coming from a guy who has been shooting free throws well all year.

That just made this series incredibly scary. Utah being allowed to play football while the Mavs have to play patty cake does not bode well.

The further this series goes, you just have to hope the Jazz players get worn down, especially Bojan, Conley, and Mitchell vs. Luka who should be fresh. Clarkson has been unstoppable...if he just has one bad game then the Jazz are in trouble

Such a disappointing loss. So many things going wrong... I still have problem processing it.

Many balls in and out, many bad calls by the refs... that offensive rebound by Mitchell... were the Mavs late to come rebound? You should all crash the board once the shot is off.

They weren't even close to being able to defend that Gobert alley-hoop. All they did was foul Gobert in the 4th and I think the Jazz are finally going to start using that obvious size advantage.

Oh and Dinwiddie... -14???? Inefficient all game and he gets the last shot because the Mavs drew an atrocious play and were stuck? Always have Brunson or Luka in the game, always! Luka played 34 minutes. Why was Dinwiddie left alone in the game with both Brunson and Luka sitting??? I don't get it.

We had the game in the bag…This **** just ruined my whole weekend. I don’t even think I can watch Game 5.

39 seconds to go, Mavs had a 4 point lead. Jazz played very good in remaining time and won to tie series to 2:2.

Hats off to Clarkson, he was unstoppable tonight, and ended up with a team-leading super-efficient 25 points and +18 in a 1-point game.

That will always be the risk with a team with as many offensive weapons as the Jazz have. You can do a good job defensively on most of them, but that one guy eludes you and does just enough.

The Dallas Mavericks are now facing a must-win game at home on Monday night. They cannot afford to go back to Utah for Game 6 having to win two straight contests.

Before this game, everything seemed to be in our favour. It almost looked too good to be true. We won a game at their hime turf, Utah was on the verge of crumbling as a franchise, Luka was coming back.. Now, the pressure is again on us. Utah finally started to rotate well on defence and play with passion and they are a team that could get extremely hot from the 3p. They need to steal only one game from us and they will be playing for the series at home.

The worst thing is that we have not only lost, but we have lost in the worst possible way. We were outclutched by the least clutches team in the the league. The Powell chokejob, the lob from Don to Gobert, our mess of a final possession

Giving Powell and Dimwiddie the ball for a potential game winning score is insane

Keep in mind this was the first game with Luka on the court. Mavs will be better in Dallas, and that should be enough to win the next one.

What on earth was the final play???? Was there an actual play being discussed at the time out or what happened there? That was horrible oh my god Jason Kidd what on earth were you thinking

That was brutal. The decision not to advance the ball to half court was terrible. The only reason to not advance it is to get the head of steam. But then Brunson stops and hands it to Luka with half the clock gone. That leaves just enough time to get doubled. If you don't want to attack full court, then advance the ball and get it to Luka with much more time on the clock.

We just missed way too many shots in the 4th quarter. But honestly they did too. Problem is, they got offensive rebounds nearly every time. Those extra possessions are killer at the end of games.

powell doesn’t need to get on the plane after that

This should be 3-1.

Man this is playoffs, did you see how Nets and Heat have lost in last possession? It was anyone's game. Gobert was missing FTs like madman too. Today luck was on Jazz side. Mavs need to play much better to not come in this tied situation at the end.

Maxi fouling out was huge, spacing is critical to Luka and JB, and Bertand can't play 5 on defense on last positons.

This game was lost in disastrous q2 and beginning of q4, when they 5 minutes couldn't hit anything, Jazz the same but Mavs were 3 or 4 times totally open, they could easily went 10 up.

I’m nervous as hell. Game 5 is really a must win game or else the media will torch Luka and Dallas

When Luka was not playing it seems like we passed alot more and got open shots but when he is in the game we settle for a difficult shot mostly by Luka.

Jazz did a great job pressuring him from full court. We definitely need to adjust to bogi playing full court press. Hard to get passes off when there is 15 seconds left on the shot clock once you’re finally past half court

This just gave the Jazz the biggest morale boost ever. We’re gonna choke this away and lose in the first round again. I really hope I’m wrong but I just have a bad feeling. I don’t know if the guys are gonna be able to handle this

I don’t think my heart could handle another first round exit

Today it really felt like everything was against us. We almost pulled it out but man that last 35 seconds sequence really ****ing hurt

Clarkson is going to have games like this where he's just a flamethrower. Nothing you can really do about that.

We just gave the jazz a **** ton of confidence. I pray this does not come back to bite us

I honestly think we should try and not play Powell the rest of the series. He is good in short bursts but he's in a bad match up against Gobert.

If you don't like fantastic regular seasons followed by immediate & crushing playoff disappointment, you don't like Dallas sports my guy

What was the plan on that last possession???? Find the coldest guy on the floor

Luka made that stupid foul on mitchell, im pissed

What a waste of 3 hours

utah is a bad city

**** dwade

THEY’RE NOT EVEN A GOOD TEAM AND WE HANDED THESE SCRUBS A GAME FOR WHAT REASON

From a 5 game series to a 7 game series. Huge game. Sucks to blow a 4 pt lead in the last 30 seconds

Maxi can’t get into foul trouble, especially now that we know Bertans is completely unplayable.

THIS DOESNT AFFECT MY REAL LIFE. THIS DOESNT AFFECT MY REAL LIFE. THIS DOESNT AFFECT MY REAL LIFE. THIS DOESNT AFFECT MY REAL LIFE. THIS DOESNT AFFECT MY REAL LIFE.

Bojan should’ve fouled out like three times.

Yeah Powell missed those free throws but the ensuing defensive effort from him to leave Gobert wide open for an alley oop is hilarious

Literally down by 1 pt and you give it to the guy who's been cold all game for a 3? What the **** was that play? JFC what a joke.

Horrible plays in the last 20 seconds. 2 missed free-throws, leaving the paint wide open down 1 and Brunson shouldn’t have passed it to Luka there. Luka was clearly getting harassed. And the refs clearly weren’t going to call a foul at that time.

why do we have our owner there in the bench asking for fouls etc, its such a bad look we always will get a bad whistle

Better without Luka the ball sticks too much when he’s on the court and he is a defensive liability

Did Rudy gobert just say “**** the talk?” Lmao he just be getting away w **** cause he’s French

this one hurts like a ************.

That was a nasty one to let slip away. We may look back at this game if we lose this series. I hope a lot of you nephews that were posting hur dur Mavs in 5 got humbled from this…..

Well it was a good season if the refs are going to **** us like this.

That Mitchell three point play was the difference. Gets away with offensive foul, shuffles his feet like he’s doing the cha cha and then gets a phantom and 1

Goberts elbow was so mashed up from scraping teeth he went 50% on his 84 free throws

Why would you settle for a 3 when we are down by 1????? What the ****!!!!

Ugh, I didn’t want to come back to f***

That was not 11 seconds well spent

That was a goddamn ****ing horrendous playcall. ADVANCE THE BALL PAST HALF COURT WHAT THE **** KIDD

Dwight you ignorant slut

Throwing lobs against Rudy is terrifying lol

**** the Dallas fanbase, they were so disrespectful to us in our building and on the Locke podcast

"THIS DOESNT AFFECT MY REAL LIFE. THIS DOESNT AFFECT MY REAL LIFE. THIS DOESNT AFFECT MY REAL LIFE. THIS DOESNT AFFECT MY REAL LIFE. THIS DOESNT AFFECT MY REAL LIFE."

I know how this feels. Grateful I don't feel it tonight.

So many of these quotes sound just like Jazzfanz.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

Wow, alot of complaining about the refs. It could be the same poster though. Every board has that guy (me). NBA refs are just all around inconsistent and it's getting old. Both teams got hosed at times I guess.

"Utah got away with a lot. I think that was a clear flagrant on Gobert elbow to Luka face."

No it wasn't. It only somewhat looked like it in slow motion. Real time there is no way Rudy meant to hit him.

Rudy gets grabbed on almost every rebound. Suck it mavs fans.

Sent from my SM-A326U using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited: