What's new

Quotes from the Suns' forums-"Hey if jazz beat us by 30 we are basically the same as the warriors"

I think bender could be a good stretch 4 for us. pretty sure we can use him better than the suns. don't think we will get him tho

Mitchell at 13
Booker at 13
Kobe at 13
Nash at 13
(add Karl Malone to this list)

This list has all Hall of Fame players except for Booker...;)

Never know. Booker is an incredible scorer for his age (same as Mitchell). They are asking him to do a little too much right now, and might be developing some bad habits because of it.

i got the feeling that the suns were auditioning Bender to the Jazz

I doubt it, but say there's something to it. What trade could you make? I've thought of:

1) Favs for Bender & Dudley
2) Favs for Bender & Len
3) Favs for Bender & A. Williams
4) Favs & Neto for Bender & Chandler
5) Sefalosha/Jerebko/or Udoh for Bender

But I'm not sure that any of these are really attractive to Phoenix.

There are a couple of options I think might entice the Suns to make a trade

1st taking on the contract of Brandon Knight 2 more years of about 30 million. (huge risk because of knee injury)
2nd Draft picks. Jazz would have to gamble that in the future they are a strong play off team and offer a potential protected pick
3rd Young talent

Looking at their depth chart you have

PG - Ulis, Knight, Canaan (pretty week unless knight becomes good over night)
SG - Booker, Daniel, Reed (other then booker this spot falls flat also)
SF - TJ Warren, Josh Jackson (this spot is actually decently solid)
PF - Chris, Bender, Dudley, Peters (This spot has A LOT of youth but Chriss and Bender have seriously Under performed)
C - Chandler, Len, Williams (Age is not chandlers friend and Len is way under performing)

* I don't see them being interested in Hood because you don't want to get him just to back up Booker and there aren't any minutes at the SF
* Favors actually makes a lot of sense to their franchise and would be a great addition next to Chriss but does his age fit with their youth movement
* I could see them have some interest in Rubio because he would be a great transitional player
* Dante Exum might be the player they would covet the most.

So it would depend on what the Suns are looking for and would the Jazz be willing to take Knights Salary to get Bender that is probably the solution that makes most sense

Something along the lines of Favor, Rubio and Bradley for Knight, Bender and Dudley. (a third team might make it easier) I personally think the Jazz are giving up to much. for 2 longer contracts and an under performing prospect.

I think you're right that any possibilities are dependent on Suns wanting Favors long term and being confident that they can sign him (iffy). Your trade is probably giving up too much on the Jazz's end, as you say, for one player we don't want (esp. on that contract), a one-year perhaps semi-useful player, and a thus-far unaggressive, talented underachiever. It's hard to see how the pegs and the holes match up with these two teams to make things work.