What's new

Quotes from Thunder forums-"Utah has defended without fouling all game. Clean strips. Blocks. **** is wild"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

I understand Presti has done an incredible rebuild job but if he doesn’t make a move this deadline he needs to receive some serious criticism

They are so clearly a guy short, they need another big option off the bench, and he has to see that

You don’t get healthy years like this guaranteed. If you’re the 1 seed you should go for it. I’ll be incredibly disappointed if he doesn’t make a move, because the team as is will not win the title.

Jazz ain't no joke. We're gonna have to bring a big effort if we want to hang tonight.

The Jazz’s purple throwback jerseys are forever gonna be my favorite alternates.

& the white trim finish… so freakin fire

Rock music is allowed in Utah?

Keeping their stadium quiet is important. That stadium rocks.

Trade for lauri mid game

1st Half

jazz destroying the thunder on the glass is keeping them in it despite the TO difference

Is the Utah crowd actually booing Giddey with Malone’s jersey in the rafters?

Am I the only one who thinks the Jazz shouldn't trade Kelly Olynyk? He's the perfect fit on this squad.

That Markannen dunk was nasty

This Utah offense creates such good looks for Markannen. Mostly because he is a very effective screener

Utah are way better than their record. If we struggled to beat Toronto, this game is gonna be way tougher.

what does giddey actually do

hes not rebounding, he’s just slow and clumsy and not even offensively excellent either like i don’t get what the point is of playing him

Markanen trying to audition for OKC like "guys I'm really good please trade for me"

Love to have him but he's the future for the Jazz no way they give him up.

Keyonte looking nice

Man Olynyk is putting the work on us this game even with Chet out there

2nd Half

Jazz playing some nice defense

Lauri, Kessler, and Keyontae George all seem like very likable guys

Markannen is gonna play the entire 4th isn’t he? Lol

We lost all momentum when Chet and Dub sat

Kelly O and Collins got nice synergy

I hate Olynyk so much. I know some of you guys want him on this team, but goddamn he's so easy to hate

OKC needs Markkanen otherwise they are getting bounced in the first round by the Lakers

Keyonte just owns us

4th quarter J-Dub is back on the menu boys, he will save us

Thunder are getting pounded inside, free lane to the rim. Would be nice to have a 7'1 shotblocker in the game, 90% of the lead was blown at the rim alone.

jazz dj ruining music

how did they turn up their defensive intensity to this? mid third quarter they became the timber wolves on defense

Utah has defended without fouling all game. Clean strips. Blocks. **** is wild

I hope Presti walks straight over to their owners box with a killer package for Lauri, and a backup package for Olynyk to settle on if necessary

Even if we lose still a hard fought game and Utah just blew out the Bucks after coming back from down 19. They aren’t a bad team and it’s a hard place to play.

This Jazz defensive strategy is something…

How is lauri not an all star? Dude was litterally an all star starter last year and he averages 30 and 10.

Sexton is stinkin quick when he gets moving downhill. Yeesh

Worst thing you can do is give a team like the Jazz hope at home. Thunder are the much better team but a team with momentum and home crowd is tough to beat.

19-3 run to end the quarter for Utah… gross

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Lauri miss a shot

Guys game aside this Keyontae kid is goodddddd

Lauri "nah we don't need him" Markkanen killing us ofc.

Keyonte George looks like a player.

Utah crowd cam shows the most ‘interesting’ dance moves

Kris Dunn is a menace

Dunn is making Shai work for it.

WHITE DEATH WITH THE SNIPER 3

It's hard to believe that not one, but two teams gave up on Lauri.

GG jazz, the hype behind your team is definitely real

We need a big man we are getting killed on the rebounds

Lauri was killing us

Gotta get lauri in the next 2 days… whatever it takes.

Thunder 40 rebounds Jazz 58 rebounds!!!!! But we need no other big

Is that player "shai" the one who wants to be MVP this season? with 4 points in the last quarter and 2 assists? I was very scared !!!

Get Lauri on the plane man

Wow, George and Lauri just hit ridiculous threes and our guys missed open ones. Simple as that.

Dunn has put Shai in jail God damn

Post-Game

We got outrebounded 47-32 with not much time left...Fontecchio was owning us on the offensive boards late

Our small team makes all their players look like 7 footers

Ok ive seen enough. Send all the picks for marrkanen

It's crazy. There's games we get totally exposed. This was one of them.

Lauri would be a great pickup before the deadline.

Presti needs to get on the phone and Get that man in a Thunder uniform

Everyone knows we're about to get sonned on the glass in the playoffs. Giddey/Kenrich at the 4 is not the way.

Keyonte George is so good man. Clutch shot after clutch shot from the Jazz was soul-crushing. GGs

That stretch in the last couple of minutes with him and Lauri nailing tough shots was hell.

I kind of hope Giddey can be traded.. just to give him a fresh start. This off ball thing is not working with him, he needs the ball in his hands.

Yeah big props to Utah. They made us look young as ****

GREAT game, felt like playoffs in some moments

Keyonte George is special, but Lauri? Lauri is cold

Lauri was great tonight, but I feel like Keyonte really came into his own tonight.

Dunn Lauri Keyonte were insane tonight. Keyonte hit some stupid tough shots. Hard to beat that. Glad to see jdub back though

The Thunder showed their lack of experience and the Jazz showed why they need to be taken seriously in the second half of the season. The future is bright in the West with all of this super young talent.

We shot better from 3 than we did from 2...19/37 for 51.4% from deep and 24/53 for 45.2%. Definitely a rough night when were typically A-1 in the paint.

Keyonte George, Lauri and Dunn was amazing for the Jazz. For the Thunder tho, horrible effort for everyone not named Jdub.

-SGA was guarded really really well by Dunn but in the past 3 mins he didn't even try again. There were 3 inbound passes where he just stood in his place and didn't even move.

-Giddey was amazing last game but he still can't score near the rim and can't space the floor, not to mention his horrible defense.

-Chet really needs to learn where to position for the rebounds. He's 7'1 and can't get a rebound because he's often out of position most of the time it wasn't because he was getting bullied by the opposing player he's just out of position.

-We need a backup big! Kwill's small ball novelty has worn out and Jwill isn't big or strong enough to be a 5. Every time Chet was out of the floor it was free layup after layup for the Jazz.

Poor effort all around, we heavily relied on 3 and only Jdub attacked the rim.

Lauri and Keyonte with just some crazy clutch shots in this game holy ****

Kris Dunn had SGA passing the ball away in the clutch, man’s just relentless on defense. Stole the ball from Chet full extension, blocked SGA in transition, he was ****ing everywhere.

That 3 to put them back up 7 was ****ing nasty. Dudes on our sub were saying trading for Lauri would be such a huge mistake.

Mf is 7 feet tall. Can rebound. Can shoot. And is 26.

This is the guy we go in for if he is ever available

The winter soldier

Quotes from around the league

Kris “First Team” Dunn. He had Shai in jail

Yeah, Markkanen is the type of player you amass all those picks for in case someone like him becomes available on the trade market. If you already have him, you keep him.

Will Hardy has also done magic with this roster. Put Dunn on any other team and idk if you ever see this output from him, but Hardy has done an unbelievable job elevating all the guys

The Jazz played a big lineup in the clutch and locked down the paint. Really needed Joe instead of Giddey there. Subbing for Wiggins later was good, but too late. The Jazz had momentum and too much of a lead.

lauri dirkkanen everyone

Okl's been winning a lot of close ones, they were due for a clutch L

And this shows why people talking up Lauri to OKC are wild. Utah already has a ton of assets and are ahead of schedule, without an INSANE offer why would they trade him?

Most of those talks were when Utah was struggling but it completely died down when they found their groove. But yeah a lot of Thunder fans really thought they could get Lauri without giving up anything.

No matter what the statlines show, Kris Dunn was the player of the game.

How is Keyonte a rookie, he is already so clutch

Anyone in here who thinks the Thunder have any avenue to getting Lauri in a trade is playing way too much 2K.

the jazz are my new backup team. also their jerseys are so clean

Key is such a stud. Great grab for Utah.

Jazz have such a fun team man, hope they sneak in the playoffs

Jazz are such a weird but wonderful team to watch, I feel like I see a different 5man lineup every time I watch them and it probably works but im not smart enough to understand why, Hardy is gonna be a great coach

Danny Ainge: price of the Markkanen just went up

Agreed. Usually the other fans are whining and throwing funny oneliners, but this is mainly just complementary and respectful.

I like tears, but I love the team getting respect.
Agreed. I thought it was nice to see a comment like this too (but maybe I'm just a softy):

Last edited:
The Jazz’s purple throwback jerseys are forever gonna be my favorite alternates.

& the white trim finish… so freakin fire
Seriously? A compliment on our jerseys, and no apparent hint of sarcasm. :oops:
Am I the only one who thinks the Jazz shouldn't trade Kelly Olynyk? He's the perfect fit on this squad.
He entered the game last night down ten or twelve brought us back with his facilitating, did the same when he came in against Milwaukee on Sunday. Thurl even said the guys cut harder to get open when he’s in.
That Markannen dunk was nasty
:cool:
This Utah offense creates such good looks for Markannen. Mostly because he is a very effective screener
:cool:
Agreed
Key is such a stud. Great grab for Utah.

Jazz have such a fun team man, hope they sneak in the playoffs
Me too!
the jazz are my new backup team. also their jerseys are so clean
That does it, OKC beats out Minnesota as my new first backup. OKC gets us cause they too have suffered the indignity of falling from within inches of reaching the top!