What's new

Random Jazz Stats!

Ron Mexico

Contributor
I love lots of different stats for the Jazz as do a lot of people on here. I thought I would post some that I was looking at today and see if others have some and keep them going this season.

After seeing that the Jazz have the #1 offense and #1 defense in the 5 games Hill and Hayward played together I wanted to look at other stats today. I dug through the NBA.com tracking stats and this is what was interesting to me to look at.

Our top two drivers are as expected except the order for me. Hill #1 with 6.5 per game and Hayward #2 at 5.8 per game. No where near the top players like Thomas at #1 with 14 per game. Although Hill is in a league of his own with any player attempting at least 5 drives per game he is averaging 67% shooting on 3.3 shots per game. Hayward has the same number of shots but only 47% shooting. Hill is getting an assist per game out of those drives which is top 15 in the league and the only other person in the top 50 on our team is Mack although he averages just as many turnovers as assists which puts him top 25 for turnovers off drives in the NBA, with Lyles being the only other player on the team to be top 50 but barely. Hayward is getting to the line off his drives 1.6 times per game which is top 15 in the league. I am guessing with pace adjusted that would make our players look even better.

George Hill is our best catch and shoot player (assuming you dont count Gobert who is only averaging .2 a game but shooting 67%). His efg% is 68% our next closest is Hood at 66% but he gets the most points from this on the team at 4.8 per game then a its a drop off to Johnson at 61%. Hayward is all the way down at 47% and Lyles is at 42%.

George Hill is also scoring the most points on the team for pull up shots at 6 points a game and is our best shooter at them at 57% efg%. Hood and Hayward are 2nd and 3rd.

Hill is getting the most touches per game at 75, then Hayward at 65, Gobert 3rd at 55 and Hood at 42. Hill averages the longest touches but Mack is a close second, same with dribbles per touch. Hood and Hayward are the top 2 at points per touch. FYI Westbrook and Harden are top 2 at touches with 101 and 98 per game respectively.

Gobert is pretty much top 10 in most rebounding statistics but not at the top. Interesting note is that Westbrook is dominating the league in uncontested rebounds, looks like his team is helping him with those numbers. Which are 8.2 of his 10.5.

Gobert has the 4th best efg% in the league (#1 FG%) at 63%. Hill is #9 at 63%.

TLDR:
Hill is by far our best offensive player so far all around. Hayward is coming along but had some bad %s when Hill was out and he was playing through a broken finger.

I love lots of different stats for the Jazz as do a lot of people on here. I thought I would post some that I was looking at today and see if others have some and keep them going this season.

After seeing that the Jazz have the #1 offense and #1 defense in the 5 games Hill and Hayward played together I wanted to look at other stats today. I dug through the NBA.com tracking stats and this is what was interesting to me to look at.

Our top two drivers are as expected except the order for me. Hill #1 with 6.5 per game and Hayward #2 at 5.8 per game. No where near the top players like Thomas at #1 with 14 per game. Although Hill is in a league of his own with any player attempting at least 5 drives per game he is averaging 67% shooting on 3.3 shots per game. Hayward has the same number of shots but only 47% shooting. Hill is getting an assist per game out of those drives which is top 15 in the league and the only other person in the top 50 on our team is Mack although he averages just as many turnovers as assists which puts him top 25 for turnovers off drives in the NBA, with Lyles being the only other player on the team to be top 50 but barely. Hayward is getting to the line off his drives 1.6 times per game which is top 15 in the league. I am guessing with pace adjusted that would make our players look even better.

George Hill is our best catch and shoot player (assuming you dont count Gobert who is only averaging .2 a game but shooting 67%). His efg% is 68% our next closest is Hood at 66% but he gets the most points from this on the team at 4.8 per game then a its a drop off to Johnson at 61%. Hayward is all the way down at 47% and Lyles is at 42%.

George Hill is also scoring the most points on the team for pull up shots at 6 points a game and is our best shooter at them at 57% efg%. Hood and Hayward are 2nd and 3rd.

Hill is getting the most touches per game at 75, then Hayward at 65, Gobert 3rd at 55 and Hood at 42. Hill averages the longest touches but Mack is a close second, same with dribbles per touch. Hood and Hayward are the top 2 at points per touch. FYI Westbrook and Harden are top 2 at touches with 101 and 98 per game respectively.

Gobert is pretty much top 10 in most rebounding statistics but not at the top. Interesting note is that Westbrook is dominating the league in uncontested rebounds, looks like his team is helping him with those numbers. Which are 8.2 of his 10.5.

Gobert has the 4th best efg% in the league (#1 FG%) at 63%. Hill is #9 at 63%.

TLDR:
Hill is by far our best offensive player so far all around. Hayward is coming along but had some bad %s when Hill was out and he was playing through a broken finger.
Great post.
Lol at westbrook rebounds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using JazzFanz mobile app

Hayward is the 4th leading scorer on cuts among non big men.

Gobert is the 3rd leading scorer on cuts overall.

As a pick and roll ball handler Hayward is #1 in and 1s of anyone who scores at least 4 points a game from pick and rolls which is about 50 top players.

Hood is posting up once per game on average and shooting 62%. I think he should do that more. He has a height advantage a lot and does a great job of shooting from the highest point of a big jump up.

Hayward has the 4th best shooting percentage coming off screens with a FG% of 50 and EFG% of 60 of qualified players(enough minutes and games). Curry, Durant and Jamal Murray are the players above him.

Gobert is getting the 8th most points per game from put backs and is also the 3rd highest at getting fouled on put back attempts of the top 50 in points per game.

Gobert is second in the league in screen assists, and contested 2pt shots. Good indication of how involved he has been on both ends of the floor this year.

Rudy Gobert is the only player on the Jazz to not attempt at least 1 three pointer this season.

The rest of the team has combined for only one more block than Rudy (49 vs 48).

The other point guards (Hill, Exum, Neto) have combined for one more turnover than Shelvin Mack (15+15+2 vs 31).

Rudy has a better free throw percentage (66%) than Mack (61.5%).

Rudy has attempted 103 free throws this season. Hayward has 88. No-one else has even 50 attempts (Hood has 47 and Hill 43).

Raul Neto and Derrick Favors are our best three-point shooters, both are hitting at 50% (1 out of 2).

Out of our real three-point shooters (i.e. those who have taken more than two shots), George Hill leads the team in three-point percentage. Joe Johnson is second. Joe Ingles is third.

George Hill also leads the team in assist-to-turnover ratio. Joe Johnson is also second. Joe Ingles is also third.

Joel Bolomboy leads the team in steals/36 minutes. Shelvin Mack is second. Joe Ingles is third.

Rudy gets 2.9 blocks/36. Withey is right behind him at 2.7. However in steals/36 Withey is twice as good as Rudy, 1.4 to 0.7.

[Stats as at end November]

Last edited:
Rough loss

Lets focus on the positive with this team. Our point differential with Hayward and Hill playing is +17 which would be #1 in the NBA. That is a small sample size but still a good number and 3/5 of those games are against playoff team. Point differential is the best determining factor for how a team will do in W/Ls.

Dante Exum is 22% on "wide open" 3 pointers. Wide open being 6' of space or more. And that's the most frequent shot he takes.

Hood is posting up once per game on average and shooting 62%. I think he should do that more. He has a height advantage a lot and does a great job of shooting from the highest point of a big jump up.

This.

I like this thread.

We are only 11-9. Only stat that matters

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app
Great point, despite being the most injured team in the NBA so far we have a pretty good record of 11-9. Even if we don't get more healthy we are on track to be 45-37 and be in the playoffs as a 6th seed. Which is what we were projected to be when healthy.

Its been proven though 20 games that Quinns offense is hot garbage when Hill is out.