What's new

Re-Tool Younger Trade Idea

LoPo

My first big trade idea thread of the off-season. Constructive criticism desired. (The amount in parenthesis is the amount of salary added or saved not counting draft pick wages)

New York gets Conley #23 and draft considerations from Charlotte (NY adds $9.4 in salaries)

Charlotte gets Gobert and Randle (Charlotte adds $32 in salaries)

Utah gets #3, PJ Washington, Miles Bridges, Monk, and Ntilikina (Utah saves $41.4 in salaries)

Utah waives NWG and Rajon Tucker. With all the freed up cap space, Utah signs Christian Wood in free agency.

Why for NY: they get a team leader, save money for summer 2021 and get a first round pick. That's pretty much their squad goals right now. Go big in 2021.

Why for Charlotte: they've been irrelevant for so long so this is impressive by Charlotte. Rozier, Graham, Randle and Rudy puts them in the playoff picture in the East. Maybe they pull off the trade without having to send Monk too. Maybe Utah adds Ed Davis and Bradley and takes back Cody Zeller who is an expiring. Utah could get additional 2nd rounders if they do this.

Why for Utah: We stock up on young talent for a long term run with Donovan. We add 6 guys who are 24 or younger. We'd still have solid vets for the younger lockerroom (Joe, Bojan, Clarkson), but we build for a good present with the hopes of a title contending future.

The new roster:
Don (24)
Wood (24)
Ntilikina (22)
Monk (22)
Washington (22)
Bridges (22)
#3 (?)
Royce (26)
Joe (32)
Bojan (31)
Bradley (22)
Clarkson (28)
Oni (23)
Brantley (24)
JWF (22)

My first big trade idea thread of the off-season. Constructive criticism desired. (The amount in parenthesis is the amount of salary added or saved not counting draft pick wages)

New York gets Conley #23 and draft considerations from Charlotte (NY adds $9.4 in salaries)

Charlotte gets Gobert and Randle (Charlotte adds $32 in salaries)

Utah gets #3, PJ Washington, Miles Bridges, Monk, and Ntilikina (Utah saves $41.4 in salaries)

Utah waives NWG and Rajon Tucker. With all the freed up cap space, Utah signs Christian Wood in free agency.

Why for NY: they get a team leader, save money for summer 2021 and get a first round pick. That's pretty much their squad goals right now. Go big in 2021.

Why for Charlotte: they've been irrelevant for so long so this is impressive by Charlotte. Rozier, Graham, Randle and Rudy puts them in the playoff picture in the East. Maybe they pull off the trade without having to send Monk too. Maybe Utah adds Ed Davis and Bradley and takes back Cody Zeller who is an expiring. Utah could get additional 2nd rounders if they do this.

Why for Utah: We stock up on young talent for a long term run with Donovan. We add 6 guys who are 24 or younger. We'd still have solid vets for the younger lockerroom (Joe, Bojan, Clarkson), but we build for a good present with the hopes of a title contending future.

The new roster:
Don (24)
Wood (24)
Ntilikina (22)
Monk (22)
Washington (22)
Bridges (22)
#3 (?)
Royce (26)
Joe (32)
Bojan (31)
Bradley (22)
Clarkson (28)
Oni (23)
Brantley (24)
JWF (22)

It seems risky. I think of LA a couple years back before the AD trade, they had plenty of young pieces and picks but were accomplishing nothing. Now they have a very old roster, plus a top 10 player in AD (And LBJ obviously) and they are competing for a championship. I’d much rather proceed with the known, which is great talents, then trade for younger players and cross are fingers it pans out. Makes much more sense to me to continue pushing in the playoffs and hope we can break through, then throwing in the towel for young guys who we hope will develop into greater parts then we already have.

Several troubles imo:

Any idea that only really works if we sign one of the bigger name free agents is a terrible idea for Utah.

I see basically 0% chance Charlotte decides that now is the time to go in.

The value for Gobert is just not that good.

And fwiw that team is still fighting for those last playoff spots. West is loaded next year. I know this isn't popular but If I'm jazz I'm tanking. Get lotto picks because next year all these teams are ahead of Jazz
Lakers
Clippers
Nuggets
Warriors
Rockets
Mavericks
That leaves 2 spots for teams like Jazz,Sun's,Timberwolves,Pelicans, grizzlies, kings.

The west was powerful this year and next year even more and for jazz to compete for a chip in a few years they need young talent. If I'm reading with knicks I'm aiming for Mitchell Robinson. He is young and athletic. Imagine the rim running with Donovan and Him

Infact I think with your roster jazz end up in 10th spot next year, which I'm cool with because it gets them a high draft pick but sadly many are going think that team could make playoffs in the west. In the east sure but not in the west. The rosters of Sun's,Wolves,Pelicans are all better than this Jazz roster you assembled

It seems risky. I think of LA a couple years back before the AD trade, they had plenty of young pieces and picks but were accomplishing nothing. Now they have a very old roster, plus a top 10 player in AD (And LBJ obviously) and they are competing for a championship. I’d much rather proceed with the known, which is great talents, then trade for younger players and cross are fingers it pans out. Makes much more sense to me to continue pushing in the playoffs and hope we can break through, then throwing in the towel for young guys who we hope will develop into greater parts then we already have.
This current jazz team is not going make playoffs next year. Look at how the. Suns played in bubble. Pelicans going be scary with Ingram a year older. Grizzlies have Ja and I love DM, he such a hottie, but I would trade Ja for him because Ja makes others around him better and as much as I love DM I don't think he can be a Batman on championship team. He has to many holes in his game. Ja a true PG

Several troubles imo:

Any idea that only really works if we sign one of the bigger name free agents is a terrible idea for Utah.

I see basically 0% chance Charlotte decides that now is the time to go in.

The value for Gobert is just not that good.
All correct. Not going sneak something past MJ. MJ not going want Gobert. Anyone that has watched MJ knows he would be hella frustrated with Gobert Butterfingers

Leave it to LoPo to create a Gobert trade where Utah gets a bunch of barely above average to average to scrub players. How does this even make the jazz better or even to the same level. If your going to trade Gobert for a bunch of none all stars and scrubs we might as well trade DM Ingles as well and start over because that team ain’t good enough to contend and not bad enough to hit the lottery. You just put the jazz in purgatory.

This current jazz team is not going make playoffs next year. Look at how the. Suns played in bubble. Pelicans going be scary with Ingram a year older. Grizzlies have Ja and I love DM, he such a hottie, but I would trade Ja for him because Ja makes others around him better and as much as I love DM I don't think he can be a Batman on championship team. He has to many holes in his game. Ja a true PG

It's going to be tougher next year for sure but even with only minor changes I think we will be able to make the playoffs (if we don't have any serious injuries). Suns were playing great in the bubble but so they did in the beginning of the season and than came to the earth. Pelicans are a big question mark, is Zion's body going to sustain a whole season? Teams like OKC and Grizzlies are still young and unexperienced. Also everyone looks strong on paper but there are always unexpected injuries, chemistry problems, teams over and underperforming. I am still confident we are good enough to make it although I doubt that we can get the homecourt advantage.

I think LoPo enjoyed the jazz more when they were losing every game and drafting high in the draft. Lol
I would rather take a step back with the hopes of taking 3 steps forward than continue on knowing that we will not have enough to compete for a title as currently constructed.

And this trade only makes sense if Rudy expects close to supermax or might leave.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

I would rather take a step back with the hopes of taking 3 steps forward than continue on knowing that we will not have enough to compete for a title as currently constructed.

And this trade only makes sense if Rudy expects close to supermax or might leave.

Your idiocy knows no bounds. If your trading Gobert you better be prepared to trade Mitchell as well.

Your idiocy knows no bounds. If your trading Gobert you better be prepared to trade Mitchell as well.
Nope. You can't see the forest for the trees. Mitchell's success doesn't have to be tied to Rudy. By the time Don hits his prime, Rudy will be a one dimensional, overpaid, past his prime big.

If these were the days of AK, you would have been one of those guys scared to trade him because you are afraid of change.

We cannot overpay or lose Rudy for nothing. Those are the main things to be afraid of.

I think the real value of Rudy is in the middle of what @LoPo and @TheeIdioticMinivanK think about him. But seriously this proposed trade seems pointless, we mostly get free cap space in return and nothing really solid.

I think the real value of Rudy is in the middle of what @LoPo and @TheeIdioticMinivanK think about him. But seriously this proposed trade seems pointless, we mostly get free cap space in return and nothing really solid.
Pointless? You don't value PJ Washington, Miles Bridges and #3?

Ok, didn't notice the 3 pick, but those two guys don't excite me.
The main parts of the trade are #3 and using cap space to sign Wood.

Understandable about Bridges and PJ. I don't think they are excellent assets, but I think they could be quality depth guys for the long run. If Bridges can be another Royce and Washington a Favors type...