What's new

Re-Tool Younger Trade Idea

But hey, according to Cy, we are all idiots or nerds if we question Conley's role with the franchise.

Conley had one of the best offensive ratings in the history of the NBA playoffs yet we still declined the longer he played in the series. Goes to show that stats can be deceiving.
Because neither side played any D from G1-G6. Just look at the stats of Jazz players. Who haven't shot the ball well? But in G7 when it really matters, both teams competd on high defensive intensity and Conley choked big time, just like he did in all the career G7s in his career.
I've shown his stats(aka history of choking) in the playoffs before. The guy is just not that good... He had one good series versus the spurs but he was only good in like 1-2 games and was a complete nonfactor in rest of their losses. Gasol and Randolph were the ones carrying the team in the playoffs, not him.

Last edited:
Because neither side played any D from G1-G6. Just look at the stats of Jazz players. Who haven't shot the ball well? But in G7 when it really matters, both teams competd on high defensive intensity and Conley choked big time, just like he did in all the career G7s in his career. I've shown his stats in the playoffs last year. The guy is just not that good... He had one good series versus the spurs but he was only good in like 1-2 games and was a complete nonfactor in rest of their losses. Gasol and Randolph were the ones carrying the team in the playoffs, not him.

I agree.

We need his salary to address defense way, way more than we need Conley to address our offense.

I agree.

We need his salary to address defense way, way more than we need Conley to address our offense.
Oh, have I mentioned we actually have better offensive ratings with Conley off the court as well? I kinda mentioned it in another thread, the problem with our offense has never been the PG play, as quin's offense never rely on one single ball handler to organize the offense. DM+Ingles combo were able to work out offense in ways much more effective than Conley. DM at the point + Ingles as the point forward+multiple shooters has proven to the the solution to our offense all along.

Conley’s expertise in the playoffs is never winning a single G7 in his career. And he did bring that to the Jazz, a team that happened to have never lost a single playoff G7 in the 21st century.

That may be one of the silliest and least relevant statics out there. If you make it to game 7, it's basically a 50/50 shot.

That may be one of the silliest and least relevant statics out there. If you make it to game 7, it's basically a 50/50 shot.
well, every G7 is 50-50 but Conley is 0-4 in these G7s so 0.5*0.5*0.5*0.5=6.25% chance of losing it all, still pretty incredible. And his stats in these G7s are 2 for 13, 8 for 14, 2 for 13, and 7 for 19. combined for 19 of 59=32% shooting

well, every G7 is 50-50 but Conley is 0-4 in these G7s so 0.5*0.5*0.5*0.5=6.25% chance of losing it all, still pretty incredible. And his stats in these G7s are 2 for 13, 8 for 14, 2 for 13, and 7 for 19. combined for 19 of 59=32% shooting

In this case, "still pretty incredible" is that same as "statistically insignificant by any standard in wide use". As for the shooting, it depends upon who he's facing, as well.

My first big trade idea thread of the off-season. Constructive criticism desired. (The amount in parenthesis is the amount of salary added or saved not counting draft pick wages)

New York gets Conley #23 and draft considerations from Charlotte (NY adds $9.4 in salaries)

Charlotte gets Gobert and Randle (Charlotte adds $32 in salaries)

Utah gets #3, PJ Washington, Miles Bridges, Monk, and Ntilikina (Utah saves $41.4 in salaries)

Utah waives NWG and Rajon Tucker. With all the freed up cap space, Utah signs Christian Wood in free agency.

Why for NY: they get a team leader, save money for summer 2021 and get a first round pick. That's pretty much their squad goals right now. Go big in 2021.

Why for Charlotte: they've been irrelevant for so long so this is impressive by Charlotte. Rozier, Graham, Randle and Rudy puts them in the playoff picture in the East. Maybe they pull off the trade without having to send Monk too. Maybe Utah adds Ed Davis and Bradley and takes back Cody Zeller who is an expiring. Utah could get additional 2nd rounders if they do this.

Why for Utah: We stock up on young talent for a long term run with Donovan. We add 6 guys who are 24 or younger. We'd still have solid vets for the younger lockerroom (Joe, Bojan, Clarkson), but we build for a good present with the hopes of a title contending future.

The new roster:
Don (24)
Wood (24)
Ntilikina (22)
Monk (22)
Washington (22)
Bridges (22)
#3 (?)
Royce (26)
Joe (32)
Bojan (31)
Bradley (22)
Clarkson (28)
Oni (23)
Brantley (24)
JWF (22)
These are so funny to look back on

My first big trade idea thread of the off-season. Constructive criticism desired. (The amount in parenthesis is the amount of salary added or saved not counting draft pick wages)

New York gets Conley #23 and draft considerations from Charlotte (NY adds $9.4 in salaries)

Charlotte gets Gobert and Randle (Charlotte adds $32 in salaries)

Utah gets #3, PJ Washington, Miles Bridges, Monk, and Ntilikina (Utah saves $41.4 in salaries)

Utah waives NWG and Rajon Tucker. With all the freed up cap space, Utah signs Christian Wood in free agency.

Why for NY: they get a team leader, save money for summer 2021 and get a first round pick. That's pretty much their squad goals right now. Go big in 2021.

Why for Charlotte: they've been irrelevant for so long so this is impressive by Charlotte. Rozier, Graham, Randle and Rudy puts them in the playoff picture in the East. Maybe they pull off the trade without having to send Monk too. Maybe Utah adds Ed Davis and Bradley and takes back Cody Zeller who is an expiring. Utah could get additional 2nd rounders if they do this.

Why for Utah: We stock up on young talent for a long term run with Donovan. We add 6 guys who are 24 or younger. We'd still have solid vets for the younger lockerroom (Joe, Bojan, Clarkson), but we build for a good present with the hopes of a title contending future.

The new roster:
Don (24)
Wood (24)
Ntilikina (22)
Monk (22)
Washington (22)
Bridges (22)
#3 (?)
Royce (26)
Joe (32)
Bojan (31)
Bradley (22)
Clarkson (28)
Oni (23)
Brantley (24)
JWF (22)
Irrefutable proof LoPo hates Rudy. Why would you trade your only defensive presence on the team? As this team is constructed it would’ve made far more sense to trade Mitchell if your going to retool. Knowing how stupid the rest of the nba is, the jazz would get more value trading Mitchell, and you add even more offensive fire power to team and it’s solid defensive foundation in Rudy, but even then I’m not dumb enough to even try, or think about trading even Mitchell unless a Steph or KD was dangled in front of me.

Go be a Knicks fan, he’ll they have Frank Ntilikina, you’re an even bigger fan of his then you are of Gobert. You sicken me @LoPo !!!

More fun than the best record in the NBA with a top 3 defense and offense?
Let's see how it settles out in the playoffs. I still don't think this team can come out of the west. In the playoffs I like the Lakers, Clippers and Nugs more. Adding Gordon to the nugs was a huge addition. His primary focus is now on defense and he looks unreal when focused defensively. It sucks because I have wanted him on the jazz for years. He and Rudy would be a special defensive duo.

The nuggets are the biggest threat now imo. Wish we had figured out how to add someone like Gordon. He's playing like he has found a new lease on life. I'm afraid without a solid perimeter defender with size we are in big trouble in the playoffs. Snyder will have to have the team absolutely connected and firing on all cylinders if there is going to be a chance of us making a deep run this year.

The nuggets are the biggest threat now imo. Wish we had figured out how to add someone like Gordon. He's playing like he has found a new lease on life. I'm afraid without a solid perimeter defender with size we are in big trouble in the playoffs. Snyder will have to have the team absolutely connected and firing on all cylinders if there is going to be a chance of us making a deep run this year.
That is exactly how I feel. Even with our great regular season record I still don't feel like we have learned that much because we keep catching alot of teams when they are injured. I still haven't seen anything to suggest that our perimeter defense isn't a concern and Rudy has been dominated by the other elite centers.

That is exactly how I feel. Even with our great regular season record I still don't feel like we have learned that much because we keep catching alot of teams when they are injured. I still haven't seen anything to suggest that our perimeter defense isn't a concern and Rudy has been dominated by the other elite centers.
We really need one more dominant defender preferably on the wing or another big. Favors ain't it. For Gobert to be most effective he needs at least one other guy that can stop the ball or body up bigger players to take some of the pressure off. Someone we can switch onto a Jokic when he is at the 3 pt line to keep Gobert operating where he is most efficient. But we just do not have that at all. We have said it all along, and frankly we may be able to overcome this issue with stellar and fully consistent team D, but we are a Jerami Grant (last year's version, not saying the budding superstar version) away from just simply dominating everyone. As it is it will require near perfect consistency and effort to get past this issue. We can still do it, but it will be a tall order for sure.

We really need one more dominant defender preferably on the wing or another big. Favors ain't it. For Gobert to be most effective he needs at least one other guy that can stop the ball or body up bigger players to take some of the pressure off. Someone we can switch onto a Jokic when he is at the 3 pt line to keep Gobert operating where he is most efficient. But we just do not have that at all. We have said it all along, and frankly we may be able to overcome this issue with stellar and fully consistent team D, but we are a Jerami Grant (last year's version, not saying the budding superstar version) away from just simply dominating everyone. As it is it will require near perfect consistency and effort to get past this issue. We can still do it, but it will be a tall order for sure.
It was frustrating to see the suns add Torrey Craig for a second round pick and he immediately fills a role for them. Craig was the exact player that we should have taken a look at. Instead he goes to on of our biggest rivals.